It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking at myself talk about myself to myself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Im going to start with a story that happened to me, then a few quotes I have written, some taken out of the poetry I write. Here are some

Story:
had a regular came in and seen me mopping and says, "Slaving away?"
and I replied...
"O yeah every day, I am a slave to the system"
I guess he liked that because he laughed and said I don't usually do this but here (hands me $10) and says, You're a good guy.
and even tho following this was a long line of tragedy ironically on Friday the 13th, it was that mans gesture that kept me from igniting into anger. People do not realize the power words can have, all though the money was appreciated it was the words that kept me smiling. The smallest mention of it can brighten the day. One only needs to think about themselves and their day, the disproportionate levels of stress and negativity surrounding us. If people forget to point out the good and instead expect it while only pointing out the bad then people will feel like they are not doing enough leaving an incomplete feeling inside. They may have went above and beyond all day making only one mistake. Focus on the good and see how it changes the person and in return will also affect everything around in a positive way as well.

Collection of Quotes by me:

Id rather spend my whole life trying to find something I enjoy than doing something I do not.

I am but a captive, alienated from myself and my true intellectual capability. I slave for the dollar then numb the pain away on my free time, Im aware watching from a distance.

When doing what you want to do fails to create financial stability in todays world you are forced to do what you have to do, no longer an individual but part of a controlled system

If you spend all your time trying to find yourself, there wont be any time left to be yourself‌

Side Note:

Yes I know the first quote contradicts the last quote a bit but that is because it was a different day. I do not think, feel, act.... the same everyday. People like to hold others to their words even if said in the past. Not sure about others but I change my mind sometime based on how I feel, what I know, who I meet and in turn my ideas, thoughts and sayings change as well.
edit on 17-7-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Your so cynical! Narcissistic Cannibal!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Starred because I like that band too

new topics

join