It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bad does it have to get?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Over 500 dead penguins washed upon the shores of South America last week, even if you happened to hear about it you'll soon forget it, much like the hundreds of dolphins who were found dead on the beach a few months ago. Hundreds of thousands of jellyfish are showing up on the shores of Spain, Australia and California. Despite quotes from long time residents of these areas saying they've never seen anything like it, a simple "it happens all the time" will be all it takes to cover it up. We heard the same story when thousands of birds fell from the sky, we also heard they were looking into it, then we heard nothing.
The commercial pilots union marched down Wall Street carrying pictures of crisscrossing chem trails, even though they don't exist. NASA scraps it's shuttle program and with it billions in funding, at the same time major insurance companies are adding space junk and falling satellites to their business plans. It seems the only objects entering space right now are those which identify transiting objects and solar activity.
Drought and flash flooding, record temperatures, algae blooms, length of day anomalies and the Sun returning two days early in Iceland.
The Arab spring led to regime changes along the Mediterranean, leaders fell like domino's, quickly and all in a row. Syria alone remained standing and now it is time for a push.
Organization that once operated under the radar appear to have new recruits in the form of pop singers who flash signs and wear symbols at every photo op. Like a circus whose tents are folding there appears to be no reason to watch the gate.
Something is very obviously wrong, whether that something is a comet, solar activity, pole shift or dragon on roller skates makes no difference, whatever it is, it's getting closer.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Hi, good morning from Germany!

If you look at the whole picture, it's really really noticable. But most people see it and do not want to even see at all.
I do not know what we could do even more. Let the ship to capsize. we're all in this together.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It feels like humans have a bad capacity to handle things until they are in our face and cannot move. You can see it in simple behaviors like continuing to text and drive after a close call while doing so. You continue to partake in the dangerous with the hope you will get away with it unscathed.

I think when it comes down to conservation, its the compilation of damage thats most effective towards curbing behavior.. imo

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

The commercial pilots union marched down Wall Street carrying pictures of crisscrossing chem trails,

No they did not!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkullAndBeats235

Hi, good morning from Germany!

If you look at the whole picture, it's really really noticable. But most people see it and do not want to even see at all.
I do not know what we could do even more. Let the ship to capsize. we're all in this together.

I think most people are in denial because they simply don't want to think about it, since there is nothing they can do about it they just ignore it. At the very least it makes sense to have a plan in place in the event something does happen, for example a list of items and where they are located in case you have to abandon ship.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

I think most people are in denial because they simply don't want to think about it, since there is nothing they can do about it they just ignore it. At the very least it makes sense to have a plan in place in the event something does happen, for example a list of items and where they are located in case you have to abandon ship.

I think most ARE thinking about it...

Our world seems to be poisoned by human nature and always has...

Just seems like it gets worse as we continue on the same path...

But, hey...At least we're getting more efficient at it right?

meh

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

The commercial pilots union marched down Wall Street carrying pictures of crisscrossing chem trails,

No they did not!

I was about to post a link showing photos of the protest and when I did a google image search side by side images with two versions confirmed your statement. It's obvious they photo shopped the posters.
You are correct on this point and I appreciate you pointing it out, I was trying to recall from memory what to list and apparently I missed the boat on that one.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Something is very obviously wrong, whether that something is a comet, solar activity, pole shift or dragon on roller skates makes no difference, whatever it is, it's getting closer.

No the only conspiracy is that mankind has been abusing mother earth for too long. All of the above are just distractions.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Don't forget the Russians moving the helicopters to Syria, The USA killing a fisherman and injuring three today, Damascus under seige, Russians calling blackmail... Again the sleeping giant China as not awakened just yet.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Over 500 dead penguins washed upon the shores of South America last week, even if you happened to hear about it you'll soon forget it, much like the hundreds of dolphins who were found dead on the beach a few months ago. Hundreds of thousands of jellyfish are showing up on the shores of Spain, Australia and California. Despite quotes from long time residents of these areas saying they've never seen anything like it, a simple "it happens all the time" will be all it takes to cover it up. We heard the same story when thousands of birds fell from the sky, we also heard they were looking into it, then we heard nothing.
The commercial pilots union marched down Wall Street carrying pictures of crisscrossing chem trails, even though they don't exist. NASA scraps it's shuttle program and with it billions in funding, at the same time major insurance companies are adding space junk and falling satellites to their business plans. It seems the only objects entering space right now are those which identify transiting objects and solar activity.
Drought and flash flooding, record temperatures, algae blooms, length of day anomalies and the Sun returning two days early in Iceland.
The Arab spring led to regime changes along the Mediterranean, leaders fell like domino's, quickly and all in a row. Syria alone remained standing and now it is time for a push.
Organization that once operated under the radar appear to have new recruits in the form of pop singers who flash signs and wear symbols at every photo op. Like a circus whose tents are folding there appears to be no reason to watch the gate.

quoted for edit safety.

whoa, something is really going on.

i can feel it, like everything is just different somehow.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv
You can see it in simple behaviors like continuing to text and drive after a close call while doing so. You continue to partake in the dangerous with the hope you will get away with it unscathed.

This behavioral tendency sums it up exactly! I can't tell you how many times I've witnessed this cellphone behavior while someone else was driving in another car or while I was a passenger. I am afraid for my life as they text while cruising down the freeway and almost cause a wreck or sideswipe.

They refuse to stop the reckless behavior and I just have to close my eyes and pray I live to get out of their vehicle and never enter it again.

Great analogy in regards to the OP's assessment.

Oh and by the way, that person I was talking about who was driving also hit someone at a stoplight for texting while driving in a previous incident. I wish I knew that before getting in the car with him. And ever after causing the wreck and countless other near-wrecks, he still does it. Disgusting! If I am ever a passenger while somebody does this again, I'm going to rip the phone out of their hands and force them to pilot their vehicle.

Yeah, this is pretty much how many people deal with danger. You nailed it.

edit on 17-7-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

What is edit safety?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

"Edit Safety"--He/ She seems to do that a lot...I guess to make sure the OP or posters don't say one thing and then edit it to say something else?

I don't understand that myself. I usually edit just to fix missing words or grammar mistakes. I guess they want to preserve the original posts to avoid confusion. I'm sure it will pay off eventually

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv
It feels like humans have a bad capacity to handle things until they are in our face and cannot move.

This is called "The Normalcy Bias" and it is ingrained in the human condition, allways has been.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think the OP needs to take a break from all forms of media.
Especially the internet!

Then think about how the news outlets work.
A father raising his son doesn't qualify for print. But a father slapping his son in the store does.
The media only wants shocking and bad stories. That is what people pay for. So don't expect to see happy stories.
So we now have more options for news than ever before including John Doe with his Iphone. Then we gravitate to sites that compile all these articles into one easy website.

The world is not as bad as it appears.

top topics

join