It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima re-opens beach after nuke crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Fukushima re-opens beach after nuke crisis

www.news.com.au

FUKUSHIMA prefecture has opened its first beach to swimmers since last year's nuclear disaster after judging the water to be safe.
About 1000 people descended on Nakoso beach on Monday.

The beach is about 65 kilometres south of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant, where three reactors melted down after the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

The opening was celebrated with beach volleyball games and hula dancers from a nearby spa.

Read more: www.news.com.au...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Even though they say it is safe and the beach is 65kms from the actual plant, i am pretty sure I would not be swimming in the water, or playing in the sand.

How ironic that the world was going to end according to some, last year when the nuclear plant started to spew forth toxic radiation into the environment.

Today people are back on the beach playing beach games.

Someone is lying

www.news.com.au
edit on 17-7-2012 by magma because: spell

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
aren't there still problems at the plant?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
They will surely all die just as those thousands upon thousands of people have been dying from it on the West Coast of the US.

Radiation everywhere...

Oh wait...

-

In any case, if I was in Japan I would personally pick another beach.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

Considering the fact that they have continually dumped (and leaked) radioactive wastewater from the plants, due to lack of impossible storage/treatments for such a huge amount of water, straight into the ocean since this all began, and radioactive contaminated Tuna are now showing up off the coast of California and Oregon, I would definately say there are still HUGE problems at the plants. And that's an understatement. Just google Fukushima reactor, and you'll find untold amounts of problems still at Fukushima (and around Japan from it).

edit on 17-7-2012 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It is pretty scary in my belief. People have the right to rebuild their lives after this event, but surely there must be radiation in that area. 65kms form the source is not really that far. I just find it really hard to believe that it is safe given the levels, types of radiation supposed to be leaking. It seems like they are trying to gloss over the issue and promote all is good. So why do the experts say in other areas that it is all bad and there is no immediate fix.?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The ocean has an abundance of elements from natural radiation. I would not be surprised if the corals thrive around Japan.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have said this before and will say it again , its that you dont put 4 of those things in the same damned spot - else you cant get to see to any if just one creates contamination of them all.
You just dont do that , and i dont see how the engineers managed to make such a mistake

That's unless
a) they were a group of nuclear physicists with an iq of 160 each but the common senses of a singular underaveragely thick dog
b) radiation is not as terrifyingly dangerous as its been whipped up to be , except in the form of uncontrolled explosions

South of Fukushima by 65km or thereabouts is Kitahara . You'd not want to be swimming off that beach , as the view would be of 3 more knacked reactor buildings , in the same spot , just like fuku

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalBlue

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

Considering the fact that they have continually dumped (and leaked) radioactive wastewater from the plants, due to lack of impossible storage/treatments for such a huge amount of water, straight into the ocean since this all began, and radioactive contaminated Tuna are now showing up off the coast of California and Oregon, I would definately say there are still HUGE problems at the plants. And that's an understatement. Just google Fukushima reactor, and you'll find untold amounts of problems still at Fukushima (and around Japan from it).

edit on 17-7-2012 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

yea that's what I thought. I hadn't heard of anything being done to contain everything and clean things up. I've decided I'm not going to be eating any seafood any more and I don't know how keen I am on swimming in the lakes and I think I'll pass on swimming in the oceans.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is the most irresponsible and not only that, EVIL thing going. The Japanese government have been bought off incredibly here. HOW COULD THEY EVER DO THAT?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Even though they say it is safe and the beach is 65kms from the actual plant, i am pretty sure I would not be swimming in the water, or playing in the sand.

How ironic that the world was going to end according to some, last year when the nuclear plant started to spew forth toxic radiation into the environment.

Today people are back on the beach playing beach games.

Someone is lying

www.news.com.au
edit on 17-7-2012 by magma because: spell

Yes... people are lying and people are dying.

www.businessinsider.com...

Just slowly... it's radiation after all.

edit on 18-7-2012 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
NO WAY....would I swim in that water. Not a chance in hell.

They thought it was safe to build that plant, not going to trust anything about the "safety" of anything near that disaster.

top topics

join