It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Republican defends ending run for state Senate, joining shadow government - there was one?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Huh. Didn't know this existed but clearly a strange tide is coming ashore soon here in the states...

An Iowa Republican has caused a stir after ending her run for state legislature, and then becoming a "senator" for a de facto shadow government known as the Republic for the United States of America.

Organizers say the Republic for the United States of America was the original government in this country, before it was replaced 225 years ago by the "de facto corporation known as the United States."

In her letter Friday, the Libertarian-minded Shannon thanked Ron Paul enthusiasts and other supporters for her state Senate run and vowed as a Republic senator to help eliminate the Education Department and put an end to undeclared wars.

Either it is going to be a movement that gains in popularity or she will be seen as someone who couldn't get it done in the current playing field. Interesting.

Shadow Goverment Gains a Follower

ColoradoJens
edit on 16-7-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Yeah, nothing sounds crazy about that at all.
How is she going to eliminate the DOE?
I wonder, is she going to go to shadow meetings with the real government and they are going to listen to her because she says she is a senator of something?
Sounds about as out there as it gets.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
That is an interesting way of advertising their group and I gotta say, that is an interesting group right there. I hadn't heard of them before but I'll mentally note that name for future references, to be sure. My biggest question is just how wide the numbers are for them beyond the names on their website.

Hmmm... I'm not sure what else to say. That is getting so close to the REAL line where bad things can happen to a man, I'm just going to leave it right here and say this will be something to watch.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Does anyone have any info on this organization and how one can join? This is intriguing.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
So let's see if I have a grasp on this. A Ron Paul wannabe State Senator gives up her seat in the government of her State. A position where she could have an actual effect on real policy, to take a seat on a make believe government where she can set policy for the people in her head? And yet somehow we have thread after thread asking why people can't get behind Republicans or Ron Paul? All I can say is please give us people that aren't self-absorbed, delusional, crazy or incapable of compromising to get what is best for the American people and we can consider them.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

Does anyone have any info on this organization and how one can join? This is intriguing.

Here is their website:

R of the USA

Seems Ron Paulian...

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I think you summation is fairly close to the truth - but then again, isn't the current situation a little wacky?

What the theory is goes like this. When you enter a US Courtroom there is a military or admiralty flag flying. The US Military does not have the protection of the constitution, neither does this apply to admiralty laws with ships at sea. When you enter a court room and cross through that little wooden gate they have and go to the area where the plaintiff (prosecutor) and defendant sit along with judge, court reporter, you are entering a “ship” or a foreign country as evidenced by the admiralty or military flag flying thus the constitution has no applicability and you are under equity law not common law. The flaw with their scheme is that there is no full disclosure to the people about any of this. This is brief over simplified synopsis of the scam run by the federal corporation. End of our comment.)

Rep of the

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is being slightly bent. If you look at the original constitution the wording is "FOR the United States of America" and was changed by the defacto establishment to read OF. Do not be misled!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
After reading just tidbits on that site and then taking a scalding hot shower to get the pure creepiness off me from going there. I rest firmly in my previous analysis that this is a group of highly delusional people. How can one even take them seriously when they get basic facts like this wrong.

In 1865, the capital was moved to Washington, D.C., a separate country – not a part of the United States of America.

Also would like to take a moment to point out this organization is telling you that the U.S. Constitution is the fraudulent governing document and they are trying to reestablish the Articles of Confederation. They are counting on those without basic search and reasoning skills to buy what they are selling.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

I think you summation is fairly close to the truth - but then again, isn't the current situation a little wacky?

What the theory is goes like this. When you enter a US Courtroom there is a military or admiralty flag flying. The US Military does not have the protection of the constitution, neither does this apply to admiralty laws with ships at sea. When you enter a court room and cross through that little wooden gate they have and go to the area where the plaintiff (prosecutor) and defendant sit along with judge, court reporter, you are entering a “ship” or a foreign country as evidenced by the admiralty or military flag flying thus the constitution has no applicability and you are under equity law not common law. The flaw with their scheme is that there is no full disclosure to the people about any of this. This is brief over simplified synopsis of the scam run by the federal corporation. End of our comment.)

Rep of the

CJ

Exactly correct! Common law or more accurately, God's law states that if there is no injury or damage, no law has been broken!

It basically boils down to jurisdiction. You are dragged into the wrong jurisdiction at the start, As a (common law man/woman of inherent jurisdiction) you have been falsely identified and falsely accused!
edit on 16-7-2012 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What? This is a lead in, to legitimize tyranny. IN the future a legit citizen will get hooded and git-moed for propaganda like this. OUR GOVERNMENT is OUR GOVERNMENT. Don't lay down, or pretend loyalty to a secret Org, take the Country with the Law of the Land. Take their Job. Student Council, needs an upset!!!. We can do, at least that part.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I know, right? When the MSM runs the story you have to wonder why...Looks like another sour grapes episode.

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
After reading just tidbits on that site and then taking a scalding hot shower to get the pure creepiness off me from going there. I rest firmly in my previous analysis that this is a group of highly delusional people. How can one even take them seriously when they get basic facts like this wrong.

In 1865, the capital was moved to Washington, D.C., a separate country – not a part of the United States of America.

Also would like to take a moment to point out this organization is telling you that the U.S. Constitution is the fraudulent governing document and they are trying to reestablish the Articles of Confederation. They are counting on those without basic search and reasoning skills to buy what they are selling.

Laughing at the shower comment but yeah, FOX is reporting on it so who knows where the lunatic fringe is going with it...

CJ

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I believe this is the same bunch that have had lawyers argue and win cases - I believe in Texas a few years ago - that the ? amendment to the constitution in regard to income taxes was not ratified correctly and that if you pay income taxes to the Federal Gov't it is by voluntary action - unless you are an employee of said Fed. Gov't.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This group has been playing make-believe govt for about ten years now. It's like one of those lodge-type clubs you would see in old-time comedies -- everybody going around with a flashy title, addressing each other in this ceremonial way, making bombastic speeches about the immense things they were going to do and how the tiniest thing they had accomplished was somehow the first step to something world-changing.

In this case they sort of see themselves as a self-elected replacement government for the entire United States, both state and federal, with their own make-believe Congress, judges, and pre-assembled juries. At least the meetings get them out of their retirement homes and their double-wides. Naturally, since they were nuts to begin with, they still behave nutty even in this make-believe govt; a very substantial chunk of the membership wants to overthrow their current make-believe President, James Timothy Turner, accusing him of some sort of tyranny and treason - although, of course, he has no power in the real world. For his part, Turner shows up about once a month on this or that shortwave program or internet webcast to declare, as President, that certain other officials (even ones that the Prez doesn't appoint) are being dumped from office and occasionally denouncing something done by the real world government. Turner himself makes his living peddling his anti-tax seminars, much like Jerry Kane.

www.quatloos.com...

This group probably has a few wannabe Rambos, who might be a danger to innocent people or more like each other, much like the Republic of Texas movement. It's not quite clear when or how they think they will take over the real government.

This woman's resignation from the real election to this make-believe Congress is indicative of some serious weakness in her, but it buys the "Republic FOR the United States" movement a bit of publicity.
edit on 7/17/12 by Shoonra because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/17/12 by Shoonra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Wrong, their entire belief on this is that a flag with a yellow fringe around it is a military flag. This is untrue and easily debunkable by going straight to the E.O. that they say makes it so. In this case E.O. 10834.

Executive Order 10834--The flag of the United States

As you can see for yourself no nefarious making fringed flags into military flags going on here. In fact no where in it do they mention fringe on the Flag at all. As it has never been an official part of the flag nor are we prohibited from putting fringe on it. The way it always was. I swear if people put half as much energy into actually solving our problems instead of making them up we might actually get somewhere.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

The fact that she wants to eliminate the DOE is suspect. What a brilliant idea! Then we can send all of our kids back to work on the farms at a tender young age!

Yes, let's go 235 years back in time.

Crazy libertarians.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Yeah crazy how they want to eliminate a $70 billion plus department that does nothing for the child learning math tables except take away monetary resources which could be spent on attracting top level teachers.

edit on 17-7-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

The fact that she wants to eliminate the DOE is suspect. What a brilliant idea! Then we can send all of our kids back to work on the farms at a tender young age!

Yes, let's go 235 years back in time.

Crazy libertarians.

It IS a brilliant idea!

The DOE was created in 1979. Do you really think children today are more highly educated (overall, I'm not talking about new discoveries, technologies, etc) The DOE was a massive failure, schools today and the education they supply is far worse than it was when the DOE was formed.

From USA Today Comparing today's education to pre-DOE times:

Today's teens read about as well (or as poorly) as their parents did a generation ago and aren't much more likely to have earned a high school diploma.

High school graduation rates have inched up, from 80.6% to 82.7%

Wow, a 2% increase in graduates. Impressive! Not.

teenagers today read no better than their parents did, though their math skills have improved slightly.

Slightly improved math skills! Also consider the fact that MORE money is pumped into schools now, and ALL teachers TEACH TO THE TEST. So being equal in reading, and slightly better in math actually shows education is worse in both respects. If teachers teach specifically to the test, and still can't get kids to do appreciably better on testing, that shows a massive failure.

The academic results come from a series of tests administered nationwide by the federal government that show a 28-year statistical flat line

Again I'd like to point out two things. Teachers today teach to the test and offer little other education. Much more money is also pumped into the schools. These facts, combined with the previous quotes from the article should show you that the DOE is a failure of the highest degree.

Your idea of what would happen were the DOE be abolished is ridiculous. Especially when you take into account that students in school before the DOE was established were basically doing just the same as students today. Except billions wasn't wasted on zero increase in education.

Anyway, I'm beginning to think these people (organization mentioned in the article) are supported by the government. They are totally out of left field, look ridiculously nutty to most people, but latch on to some seriously good ideas (generally libertarian ideas) This makes people who share such libertarian points of view seem to be associated with these people, destroying their credibility. Exactly the type of thing the government would do.

edit on 17-7-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

"I am one of many people so disgusted with the options out there," she said. "But the government we have has to go."

From OP's source

Really don't see what's wrong with that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join