It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The City Concentration work camp....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I was visiting a different city today. It got me thinking a bit. The two cities (where I'm from, and this one) are 100% polar opposites. One is sort of a retirement liesure fun city. It's surrounded by lakes and small mountains. Packed solid with recreation galore! Perfectly manicured. The women are stunning. Everyone is suntanning, boating, jet skiing, paddle boarding, laughing, playing and having fun. Everything is beautiful and carefree. And it's all about fun here.

The other city where I'm from is the polar opposite. It's concentrated on just 2 things, jobs, and families. Basically not much else there. Surrounded for hundreds of miles by nothing but farms. If one was to think outside the box about this city for a few seconds they'd quickly put 2 and 2 together and realize it's like a big work camp. Like you take a normal prison. Usually it's built out in a farmer field. Nothing on site but some ugly buildings. Well this is not that different, only much bigger obviously. A lot of buildings surrounded by farms. You have to drive 3 hours to get past the farms. It's just like a work camp on a massive scale. The people there are stressed out. There not so attractive either. Everyone works all the time, and or are raising kids. There's little to no recreation. The winters are brutal. Everyone dreams about one day getting out, but feel stuck because of there jobs there. Definitely not a fun place to be.

So what I was kinda wondering about is if there's any truth to this. Some cities have been designed to be basically work camps. Others are leisure or retirement camps. The other puzzling thing too is how difficult it seems to get out of the work camp. It's like just when I think I might be able to leave something else pops up and forces me to stay. I'm really not sure if I'll ever get out of that place.

Just wondering if you know anything about this theory or can relate?

edit on 16-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

it is because in history people moved to where the jobs are in order to find work so they could live, overtime the city gets larger with more people so you get a concentration of people and jobs being close to each other, so in a sense your right but i don't think it is a conspiracy although i suppose it is like a work camp with out the bars and a lot more freedom.

when people retire they can afford to move away from the jobs to a nice quite place.

i can see where your coming from but it is no mystery or surprise that that is the way it is.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

If you have spent enough time working in city 2 as you listed, and live long enough, you have earned your time in city number 1.

What's so hard to figure out about that?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Ya I know what you mean. But you have to think outside the box here. Like each country when it was founded, might and this is a big might, have been thought of as not a country but a farm. So on the farm they plan out where to set up the various cities. Which ones will do what. Then link them all up with railroads and eventually roads. But I suppose having a job takes greater precedence over what leisure stuff there is in the area. or at least that's what they require us to think and believe so we don't get too uppidy ha ha

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I meant to say Cdn and the US.

new topics

top topics

join