It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marths Stewart Reports To Prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
In a statement posted on her website, Martha says " by the time you read this I will have reported to a minimum security prison, in Alderson WV, to begin serving my 5 month sentance. Stewart was found guilty of lying to investigators about stock trading.

money.cnn.com
NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Martha Stewart reported to prison in West Virginia early Friday morning to begin serving a five-month prison term for lying to investigators about a stock trade, according to sources on the scene.

"By the time you read this, I will have reported to a minimum-security prison in Alderson, West Virginia, to begin serving my five-month sentence," the home-making diva said in a statement posted to her Web site.

Stewart was sentenced in July to five months in jail and five months of home detention, after being convicted in March on four counts of lying to investigators about her well-timed sale of ImClone Systems Inc. stock at the end of 2001.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Martha Stewart had asked that she be allowed to start serving her sentance now, to put her "nightmare" behind her. On lighter note, the minimum security prison where she is being held is known as "camp cupcake".

new topics

join