It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your opinion on the Sig 2022

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
You can't go wrong with Swiss Quality.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
MAn idiots at the range. I hate that. There's one gun range in LA called LA Gun Range. Most folks just call it the downtown gun range because it's located in some industrial area of downtown LA. Anyways. this is the gun range in the city every moron wannabe gangster or bimbo going out with their girl friends to shoot and pose with loaded guns for their facebook page go to.

YOu walk in there and it's evident that 90 percent of the people there are holding a gun for the first time in their lives. THey have one range safety officer barely paying attention. If you walk in to the gun ranges lobby/counter area with your own bag of guns, the wannabe gangsters and peanut gallery all go Wow man that dudes gangster. cause I guess they've never seen people show up to a gun range with their own kit before.

Everyone wants to rent the scariest gun there. Usually some beastly hand gun that they can't handle.

There are bullet holes in the ceiling right above where the shooter stands. People are shooting the floor on accident. One time I was there and some wannabe gangster was so excited after shooting the rented gun that he turns around laughing to look cool to his buddies and the gun goes off and shoots about 2 feet in front everyones firing line going horizontal. HE freaks out and drops the gun.

THey have to call a cease fire every ten minutes because people are shooting the little string that works the hanging target holder. (the one that allows you to adjust the distance of the target)

I've seen girls go in there for ladies night nervous as hell to only breakdown sobbing after they shoot the gun once cause it was so scary to them.

THere are idiots shooting the guns holding them gangster style sideways. People unloading their magazines in 2 seconds that have never shot before sending bullets everywhere but the target.

People that don't know what to do when the gun jams and start walking around helplessly wondering how to unjam he gun. meanwhile said loaded and malfunctioning gun is having it's business end swept past about 20 peoples heads.

People that during cease fire keep trying to go to the bench and mess with their guns. People that don't know how to lock the slide or bolt back.

People taking group shots of their shooting party posing charlies angeles style with guns. super annoying IMHO.

Finally the place sucks because if you even look like you know what you are doing with a firearm everyone else stops and stares at you whispering amongst themselves "look he can actually hit the target! Look how he doesn't fumble when loading the bullets in the magazine! I think he's one of those SF guys!"

So I really can't stand irresponsible, idiots at the gun range.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
reply to post by getreadyalready

You will enjoy the mosin. Question did you get one of the original ones that have been in storage with the wood stock. If so have towels at the ready the first time you go out to shoot it. All the sealant they soaked them in before putting into storage will boil out of the wood and burn your hands. You will want to wipe down the wood several times for that first shoot. IF it's used and already broken in then no worries. Also the action on the bolt is pretty stiff. You will want to sand or polish the bolt to make it smoother to operate. But you will really like the mosin. Fun dependable gun.

Great, Thanks for the tip!

It is a used version, but supposedly in great shape, treated, and wrapped to ship. A friend of mine teaches some gun courses, and he ordered a dozen of them for $125 each. Should be here any day now, I was actually hoping to have received it Friday, but he didn't call.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I have three Mosin Nagant M 91-30's... one is beautifully stocked 1943 "Izzy" sniper. After a shooting session at the range --- I use cotton flannel [that I buy at Walmart threads dept. in 3 foot square strips] patches soaked with Simple Green solution to clean out the barrel from corrisive salts from the corrisive primer ammunition; then go with a copper cleaning using a bronze core bore brush --- clean out with Hoppes and oil it down. Better yet, use: 1/3 Simple Green, 1/3 hydrogen peroxide and 1/3 rubbing alcohol solution; for cleaning out corrisive and blackpowder soot. You will probably need an extra long cleaning rod for your M91-30; especially if you use a bore brush. Use a 12 guage bore brush for 7.62 x 54 chamber cleaning. Check out the MILSURP. com forum for a Mosin bolt take-down video.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 25-7-2012 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 25-7-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 25-7-2012 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
If anyone is still looking at this thread....well, the time has come again for another one of my gun reviews. This time it is going to be a Saiga .223 rifle. The thread should be up sometime this afternoon.

Also, that thread will include everything I have added to the rifle (in the order of each part I have installed). Im hoping it will be a pretty good review!!! Plus I'lll add a tiny bit more about the last time I took the Sig 2022 to the range!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join