Unknown Mystery Creatures Washing Ashore in Hawaii by the Millions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

At this point it's still unknown where these crabs came from, how big they'll get and what they eat.

Why does this sound like the opening of a cheesy scifi flick to me?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well i could go on and say my father and grandfather have never seen or heard of this happening here! That would make it at least 60 yrs!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
i believe this was solved by a previous post. these are coconut crab larvae. the reasons the hawaiians dont recognize them is because coconut crabs do not live on oahu. it would be a warm current from southern islands..like micronesian islands, that would bring them to oahu. so it IS very unusual.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
coconut crabs: www.isla.hawaii.edu...

were probably indigenous to hawaii but were probably brought to extinction by rats introduced by the first polynesians, so it unlikely they can repopulate hawaii. they can rip coconuts open or break a finger, and even climb trees. they are big, slow growing, and considered good eating so are becoming rare.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Could an underwater volcano warm the current and cause this kind of explosion....

Anyone else feeling hungry???

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Crab people! South Park anyone ?

Sorry, couldn't withstand.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SUPERMASON

Originally posted by relocator

The Challenge is on to figure out what may have caused them to explode like this...

I posted some pics for those who didn't get to watch the video...

Picture of a cocunut crab larvae.

Link

So they are coconut crabs, and the pictures do look alike. I have never seen a crab that big.

Thanks. It makes sense that people do not know what they look like, since they are usually not there.

edit on 18-7-2012 by PacificBlue because: add link

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
these crabs are in the larvae stage? and already climbimg on surf boards..

just wait till they get full grown.

Suspiria don't surf, and it's a good job really cos if I was that surfer I would have died of a damn heart attack!.

Seriously though, who just goes "I don't know what the hell that is but imma going to pick it up anyway". Poke it with a stick maybe, pick it up...Hell no!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

crabs and spiders share an uncanny ability to know when their habitat will be upset by earthquake or flood ,respectively. Being close to the earth's surface(sensing electromagnetic changes deep beneath the earth's surface), these little entities are migrating away from where the earthquake will take place. Spiders,centipedes and stink bugs, will climb trees and walls outside or inside the building well before a deluge(supercell thunderstorm).

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by ANNED
these crabs are in the larvae stage? and already climbimg on surf boards..

just wait till they get full grown.

Suspiria don't surf, and it's a good job really cos if I was that surfer I would have died of a damn heart attack!.

Seriously though, who just goes "I don't know what the hell that is but imma going to pick it up anyway". Poke it with a stick maybe, pick it up...Hell no!

Those people who are stupid enough to pick up a foreign object are lucky to be alive. What if that had been something that had toxin/poison in it and touching it makes the creature sense it's in danger and attack.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by inivux
Somebody please change the title of this thread to "New crab species washes ashore in Hawaii". The blatant sensationalism is really sad.

It peaked my interest as well, until I saw that it was just a bunch of crabs. Sick. "Unknown Mystery Creatures"? Are you kidding me?! No star/flag for you!!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
After a long night out last year i had unknown mysterious itching from my private area. Come to find out they look just like the creatures on this post under the microscope that is. Well i think i killed millions of them by using the soap from walgreens no yum yum then all pain and itching lol. Kind of buzzed just wanted to laugh probably get booted.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Tiny crabs. Mystery solved.

You are welcome.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
some slutty tourist arrived and went swimming

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join