It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit Smoking Cigarettes,, Vape yourself

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I smoked two packs a day for a while and did not need vaping to stop.
I could understand for weed smokers but cigarets ???
This is the first tobacco vaping case I heard of !

Good thing you stopped though.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Tamis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
e vapor cigs come in different strengths, so depending on how many reg cigs you smoke,,, get close to that. Keep your receipt, and always have extra, if you get a dud you can return it with the receipt.

people are different....one i knew smoked her whole adult life, when she quit she had no problem at all. another quit with hypnosis never started again, their sibling tried to quit several times always failed, even the hypnosis they lasted only a year.

has anyone tried this??? you pick a date 2 to three months down the road, every time you smoke a cigarette, you tell yourself you are quitting on that date.....by the time that date comes around, you have programmed yourself to quit.

if the e vapor cigs work for you than that is good....I don't smoke ,but I have seen the struggle in others and do not judge them. good luck to all of you!

edit on 18-7-2012 by research100 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I am one of the believers in e-cigs. I was a pack a day smoker and used e-cigs to help me kick the habit. I quit smoking analogs on August 20th, 2011, and have not had a cigarette since. I weened my nicotine intake down to zero around Christmas time. Today, I have not even taken a drag off my e-cig in months. And no, I am not back on cigarettes, lol.

I think the secret to quitting a habit is will-power. Some have more than others. I needed to security of an e-cig to boost my will-power. I look forward to my one year anniversary of quitting smoking and hope to continue for many years to come.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by MbretM
Cigarettes are bad Mkay? You can quit, after you get over the initial "hump" (2 weeks)w without a cigarette you are scot free! We believe in you, you can do it!

I wish people would realize just how damaging these type of statements are. Especially when trying to dismiss a much less dangerous alternative.

When anybody who has failed quitting after being smoke-free for over two weeks here something like that, it just makes them feel like it's hopeless.

Ok, sure... there are people out there who socially smoked for a few months who were able to give it up. Then they brag about how "simple" it is if you "just put your mind to it". That just makes smokers want to blow smoke in your eyes. I'm sure there are pack-a-day smokers who were able to quit cold turkey but that's not a typical case. This isn't alcohol or nail biting; this is a drug that the body itself is addicted to. Depending on your chemistry, no amount of will power can make you quit without some medication or alternatives.

E-Cigs are a great alternative and I fully endorse it over smoking tobacco. OP, congrats on being tobacco free for a year.

I agree...everyone is wired differently. My husband and I quit smoking 3 years ago. It seemed like a breeze for him but I struggled for a year. What might be easy for some could be harder for others. After 3 years without a cig, I am so over the addiction and know for a fact I will never smoke again. If I can do it, anyone can lol.
Good luck to all the people out there working on quitting....just do it at your own pace and with the method that works best for you

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It's just an on and off switch in your brain. Do you not have any power or control in your own brain. I quit no problem, cold turkey. Amazing how they will allow you to kill yourself with cigarettes, but damn if you smoked a joint!!? hundreds of pollutants compared to one and we can't use it legally. Shows you that they don't give two #s about anyone!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I am a vaper and I'm proud of it. Why do so many people assume that we vape because we want to quit smoking? It drives me mad! Here's the truth of it (for me!)-I love to smoke, I love to inhale great clouds of smoke and blow smoke rings! I enjoy it! I dont drink, i dont take drugs (even stuff like painkillers unless i have to) other than nicotine, i dont even drink coffee as i Prefer a nice clean green tea). I have an active job and also kids that I want to have fun with and my lungs needed clearing out. I've been vaping for just over a year and it is the best thing I've done. I'm healthy, I smell great, my teeth are white, my house isn't stinky, I can smell everything and taste everything, life is good. I vape fruit flavours so it isn't a cigarette substitute as such and I don't use anything that even remotely looks or feels like a cigarette because I don't want to smoke anymore -I want to vape. Great for everyone who genuinely wants to quit or has done it, i take my hat of to you. Personally I don't want to! I have researched the whole tobacco harm and yes those things will kill you, but it isn't the nicotine. I'm not suggesting it is totally good for you, it is after all a toxin, but it has been proved to help with brain function and memory loss and Alzheimer's as it slows the damage to brain cells and can in some cases actually encourage the formation of new, healthy cells. That's why they are trying to subtract the good stuff from the addictive bit. Vaping is on a par with having a cup of coffee in terms of harm. If you have heard differently check the source of the report cos it was either written by an ex smoker of the worst kind or funded by -yep you've guessed it-the big pharma companies and government organisations who stand to lose alot of revenue from the smoke! Oh and whilst I'm at it, why don't you give up potatos and tomatoes too, cos guess what? Yep you are ingesting naturally occurring nicotine!
I am not to weak willed to stop smoking in my own- I enjoyed smoking and i just really really enjoy vaping

(sorry if I got carried away, I just get sick of the same old arguments from people who don't know what they are talking about or just plain old refuse to listen

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
October 23rd will be my 3 year anniversary of no smoking, thanks to vaping. I wanted to get my nicotine, without the 4000 other chemicals added to cigarettes. Several coworkers have also quit as well. My proudest? Getting my husband and mother (who has smoked since before I was even born) to quit as well.

Vaping isn't for everyone. Some folks are just unable to quit, but for those who truly want to quit, heart and soul, vaping could be the key.

I myself hate the tobacco flavors. I am a fruity girl all the way.

Totally Wicked E-Liquid is who I get my hardware from. ECBlends is where I get my juice. $8.99 for 30mls.

Good luck to anyone that is trying to overcome an addiction.

ETA: for me, "vaping" is using an e-cig for nicotine, nothing else.
edit on 7/19/2012 by Blackjack Baby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplefowler
Personally I don't want to! I have researched the whole tobacco harm and yes those things will kill you, but it isn't the nicotine. I'm not suggesting it is totally good for you, it is after all a toxin, but it has been proved to help with brain function and memory loss and Alzheimer's as it slows the damage to brain cells and can in some cases actually encourage the formation of new, healthy cells.

That is what everybody is afraid to admit. Tobacco kills. But nicotine is simply a chemical that occurs naturally and has many medicinal purposes.

I've done the math and a vegetarian smoker will faaaar outlive a carnivore non-smoker. Just a thought and also a perspective check on weighing out people who bitch at smokers. And speaking of "weighing" out... you know how many obese people with a cheeseburger in their hands have told me that smoking kills? Give me a break.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Thank You!!

love this thread.

Sometimes i surprise even myself,, finding a personal item/thing i wish to share,, with Strangers..

and Finding That Nerve, that resonates across the world,, all the way back,,to my own backyard..
edit on 7/19/12 by darrman because: spellenglish

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i also quit smoking cigarettes for the most part, starting smoking them again lately thanks to alcohol but i still prefer to use the ecig. the problem with them, when you tell people about the benefits from them you sound like a salesman. the problem with regular cigarettes is i would chain smoke them before bed and felt like i was going to die.
edit on 19-7-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok. I have mine for two days now. I can smoke 24mg liquid an hour or two without any sign to stop. I can taste nicotine in my mouth (not so much like smoking a pipe but still) The satisfaction could be better anyway. No question I'm pretty high but I don't feel oversmoked like after 10 gramms of tobacco so I continue. I'll seek for those whole-tobacco-alcaloid liquids (thanks) and I'm gonna make my own liquids for sure. I'd like to try to extract real aroma and alcaloids from good pipe-Virginia and Cuban Cohiba. Then Tribulus T., St.John's Wort, CBD weed,...just for the start. I don't wanna quit anything. No rat died on tobacco, you know. I feel my nicotine adventure has just begun.
I like the smooth way my beloved nicotine is delivered into my brain. In the meantime I roll additive-free tobacco.
The "problem" with nicotine is that it's like your phase-shifted mind needs it to "continue" and I like my nicotine/dopamine personality. The only reason to decrease my dose could be lowering tolerancy and once again increase sensitivity. I think I have too much receptors to feed so it's hard to feel any natural satisfaction. Actually any satisfaction...
This thing is going to be huge. We'll see everyone everywhere vaping something and you'll never know what substances they are enjoying.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

I buy liquid, but I also make my own. I buy my nicotine/VG base at 50mgs, and use VG to cut it down to 25mg. Flavorings I use are Lorann's candy flavorings. I don't use tobacco flavor, so I don't know where to get that. I know some folks do make their own by steeping tobacco leaves in I forget what liquid.

Ecigforum.com is a WEALTH of knowledge.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackjack Baby

Hi, there's something wrong with your link. Maybe it's not .com.
Btw. yesterday I had such feeling in my chest. You know - like constricting blood vessels. Ugh! Next time I'll buy 17mg. In my country 24mg is the highest allowed liquid. Maybe it's better. One should be carefull with that.
1ml contains 24mg of nicotine. One cig about 1 mg so if you can vape 2 ml a day it's like 50 regular cigarettes, isn't it?
No one needs to become more addicted. It's no problem with e-cig...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I havent smoked a cigarette since Oct 2011. I smoked 18 years 2 to 3 packs a day. Thanks to E cigs I quit. I will say that the labor of trying to find the right mix of batteries and cartomizers is somewhat of a daunting task. I finally found the right brand for me and I can now foresee quitting permanently. If your a smoker and you want to quit this may be the best way.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

Here is the link to the e-cig forum.

The tightening in the chest is probably too much nic. One of the problems with regular e-juice is that it doesn't contain any of the other alkaloids that are in tobacco so they end up vaping higher nic juice or vape more during the day to fill in what is missing. www.aromaejuice.com... sells something called WTA which is supposed to contain all the tobacco alkaloids and makes a big difference to those who feel that regular e-juice doesn't satisfy. I have never tried it but have read a couple reviews and while some don't feel any difference others say it is the closest thing to smoking.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I'm not getting the 4000+ nasty chemicals and tar that come from combustion. They are what causes lung cancer. The nicotine is actually the least harmful part of cigarettes.

You could try smoking real tobacco-only cigarettes. There are quite a few natural chemical free brands, both tailored and tobacco blends. Two brands I know of are American Spirit and Nat Sherman, and any natural tobacco blend you want from a good tobacconist if you can be bothered rolling your own.

Personally I enjoy a good cigarette, knowing I'm not killing myself at the same time. Research pro tobacco
The natural tar isn't such a problem but that does deserve research. I have tried one of those vape ones and I admit, they are very cool. Lol I liked the little blue light at the end of the one I used, and the way it felt the same but with no real smoke.

And I agree one hundred percent with what you said there in the quote about the chemicals and nicotine.

Cheers

edit on 2-8-2012 by Shypeir because: forgot something

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shypeir
reply to post by darrman

You could try smoking real tobacco-only cigarettes. There are quite a few natural chemical free brands, both tailored and tobacco blends.

Sorry but there are no chemical free tobaccos in the world. Everything is made up of chemicals.

All but a handful of those thousands of chemicals that exist is tobacco smoke are naturally occurring.

The tobacco companies add glycerin to keep the tobacco from drying out too much and ammonia to freebase the alkaloids to make the cig hit harder. Similar chemicals, for the same reasons, are used in the much safer snus. It isn't those chemicals that make smoking unhealthy but the inhalation of burning organic matter.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

you're right, everything has chemicals. I stupidly forgot to say harmful chemicals. There would be no benefit in smoking without chemicals. I was referring to the more harmful unnatural chemicals found in mainstream cigarettes.

Nicotine itself does have health benefits and is good for you. FAQ: Nicotine

But you're saying that it's not the naturally occurring chemicals or the nicotine, but the act of inhaling the smoke that causes health issues in smokers? I had a look into it..... maybe we should just snuff.

Basically using smokeless tobacco, or vaping, or snuffing are simply reduced-harm alternatives to inhaling smoke from a cigarette.

Hasn't humanity had thousands of years inhaling inorganic burning substances, including herbs, woodsmoke, tobacco, marijuana and a host of other things as well as possessing longevity in their history and traditions?

I guess it's pointless pro smoking on a vaping thread, but I'm sure there would be more artificial chemicals in the vapes than in my cigarette smoke. They have to make the e-cig with something, and I dont like sucking on plastic. Plastic is bad lol

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I know I feel much, much better since I began vaping in August of 2009. I haven't had a real cig since.
I don't get sick as much in the winter (less upper resp. problems) and just sinus/allergy issues. It's definitely been a lifesaver for me but I didn't do it to quit. I did it to put less harmful chemicals in my body than regular cigs have. (also as a kick in the pants to big-money tobacco companies.)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I've carried an e-cig with me pretty much every day with the intent to quit smoking every day.

It didn't work because the e-cig does not provide the same feeling that I get from regular cigs.

It's a nice idea. However, if you can quit with the e-cig, then you can quit cold turkey. Either way, you're giving up the core chemicals that you are addicted to. The nicotine is actually one of the least addicting chemicals in modern cigarettes.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join