It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit Smoking Cigarettes,, Vape yourself

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
where is there research into inonisation/vaporisation and relative or non-relative costs and benefits in health terms

The researchers told the BMJ: "The scarce evidence indicates the existence of various toxic and carcinogenic compounds in e-cigarettes, albeit in possibly much smaller concentrations than in traditional cigarettes."

The FDA also detected traces of powerful cancer-causing chemicals.

note difference ; chemicals vs compounds

report/bmj

maybe lung-wise is not a good idea , the chewing nicotine-laced gum likely being a safer option

edit on 17-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

added note , why we bother i dont know , the Haynes Manual says , dont smoke next to car batteries . its not because they could blow up , its because batteries emit airbourne chemicals which react with burning materials, causing cancer .
i dont think i 'll have any more lugs off the back of any batteries , again . batteries have got god knows where to start in them , mercury , cadmium , lead

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I would rather quit without one of those things. I am allergic to propylene glycol. There are many ways to quit, this way doesn't seem acceptable to me.

Many people smoke because they have ADD or are a little Skitzo and tobacco is a very good self medication for this. Without the tobacco they would need medications to think properly. Of the smokers out there the percentage of people that are self medicating is less than ten percent though, the rest just smoke for recreation.

When a person smokes the body does not take up niacin well. It senses that the nicotine is niacin and doesn't absorb it. When quitting it is advisable to boost the niacin levels at first and this can be done with oranges or possibly peanuts or hot peppers. Make sure not to go overboard or the nicotinic acid will give a person little skin sores that look bad but don't appear to give long term problems. Another problem with quitting is weight gain and the plant versions of niacin (nicotinic acid) help to keep that down a little. They work to restore NAD levels in the body. Foods high in Nicotinic acid do raise the heart rate a bit and too much is never a good thing either. It pays to study this a little if you are quitting.

Some Niacins are taken out of tryptophan from foods. I think these derived Niacins are Niacinamide. I haven't found one article that clearly states if all Niacinamides in meats are in the form of tryptophan. Tryptophans can't break down properly or niacin taken up properly if a person eats too much food containing Leucine. Eating foods containing Leucine will keep the skin from erupting and keep the complexion clearer though so women tend to like foods high in Leucine and foods lower in nicotinic acid. Not all people are affected like this, many people have evolved to eat hot spicy food without breaking out. Too much Nicotinic acid gives symptoms similar to AFIB. It goes away if Leucine is increased or Nicotinic acid is decreased in the diet. Real AFIB is a different condition so if the heart starts beating fast and you haven't eaten hot foods or or a lot of OJ then talk to a doctor. Even if you have ate them it is advisable to speak to a doctor and mention this. The doctor will probably chuckle and say not to overindulge like that.

This whole subject is very complex and has a lot of variables in a persons diets. It's hard to explain. I'm trying to find the reason that Acetylcholine doesn't always stick to receptors in the brain. Nicotine works in that case. The right thing is to find out what's causing the problem in the first place but I am having problems finding why and it doesn't appear that they know why yet from the articles I have read. This probably has something to do with ADHD causing an imballance in electrical signals in different parts of the brain. This would cause scattered thinking and changes in chemistry of the brain. There are so many chemmicals in our foods that it's hard to find the answer. Also the fact is that this doping or dumbing down by not taking up acetylcholine is actually desired by many so they don't have to think about our screwed up society.

Cigarettes can be a medicine or a dope. Depending on how a person drags on a cigarette it has different effects on brain chemistry. There are many good reasons to quit smoking also, it may be a medicine for some things but a toxin for others. It is important to note that if the brain can't uptake Acetylcholine properly then the resulting brain chemistry can cause more than mental issues. An unballanced brain chemistry can effect the immune system causing confusion and inability to fight diseases. This science is evolving, in twenty years they may have the answers if they quit denying that for some the good in cigarette smoking exceeds the bad. Smoking has gotten such a bad name that nobody believes the truth. I study the good and bad about things and try to get as much information on both sides of the story as possible. It's your personal right to smoke if you want to or need to. Most people the negative effects are much worse but the ten percent benefit from it more than it hurts you. If people could understand this it would be nice. There are drugs that will fix these problems though and that I consider. Ritalin works well on some and so do antidepressants. Neither is acceptable to me, I'm trying to find a cure for things not a treatment. If we look at the people on antidepressants nowadays, maybe my ten percent is too low.

I will now say if smoking cigarettes is good or bad, it's just a treatment for some and not a cure. In all bad there is some good and in all good there is some bad. Make your own decisions and research things, both sides of things. I lost my craving for cigarettes for three days by drinking a glass of slightly fermented organic apple cider vinegar with sugar and cinnamon. I drank coffee right around the same time. I'm studying that.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

good post , are you saying that nicotine or related niacin/nicotinamide is found in food and used by uptake in the brain and body?
this would bear parallels (which i dont profess to understand properly/untested but common to research)
with echinachea / thc/ cbd contents
with chocolate /tryptophan /cbd / caffeine /
with fluroides/ sodium flupentixol decanoate/acetlycholine

so you are saying nrt can be applied using peppers , etc foods with niacin ?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

i wish this thread had more time on the Front page..
reply to post by darrman

The subject has been covered in several threads over a period of time on ATS I myself have uploaded a couple of infromative video clips to these threads. I would suggest that anyone interested use the SEARCH function to access more ingormaion regarding a matter allready been discussed.

Silly Christian-- thats like saying "we have heard all about UFO's,, so YOUR story doesnt matter"

silly

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I myself have been cig free for 3 years now. I used the ecigs to get over the craving and ritual of smoking. It took time but was well worth it. No ecigs after about a month, and have never felt better. For me, it was ritual, I had them at certain times. Once over the act, it was a breeze. Now don't get me wrong, I've watched someone light a smoke, and could almost taste it! I don't know if that ever goes away, but the "need to" did. So good luck to those trying, find what works, stick to it, and tell yourself you are not a smoker. You only become one when you smoke.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Before I can comment on those things I am going to study them first. I can't state that what I perceive is initially true is true without researching both sides of everything.

Nicotine is different than niacin but not that different. It can trigger the body to think it has enough niacin and not uptake it. It enters the blood shutting off the sensed need of niacin and the body doesn't uptake it or store it. This seems to be the reason people need a cigarette so often, no reserves there that can be quickly accessed. The craving subsides after the body starts absorbing and processing it. People start to lose the ability to take apart tryptothan with age which starts a series of events to canabalize stores in muscle tissue. There are other processes that also cause this. B3 works with B12 and a few other vitamins extensively and an imbalance from a problem in the stomach can cause lots of problems.

A person who smokes can have a mild form of Pallagra but that doesn't appear to be the problem associated with reduced Acetylcholine attachment at all. Like I said, the research papers I've read don't seem to pose an answer to the acetylcholine issue. The sensors that are attached to are nicotine sensors in many case, they call them that for a reason. I check for new research about once every couple of months on all these things and usually read science daily most days to see new research to compare to my knowledge.

The Cannabinoid that is in pot that does people the most good is not usually thc. This seems to be well known in most medical circles. Some conditions that are helped are with methyl uptake problems and pot seems to help with those but also can go overboard if used daily. I know this other cannabinoid in pot doesn't give a person a buzz and also reduces the effectiveness of buzz in thc. The English are trying to steer the production of this canabinoid to make medical pot so it is not so psychotropic. There are many other good chemicals in pot but none of them actually make you high. People are growing medical pot with high thc, they think it's what makes it work. All that gets a person is stoned. There are medical reasons out there that might need the high thc but 95 percent need something else in a weak pot that gives no buzz. Homegrown normal Heritage seed is the best for this, possibly even hemp leaves. Bee keepers sometimes burn hemp to settle bees so they can get the honey from the hive.

I'm not sure if drugs are allowed to be discussed on ATS even to explain faults in perception of people, if not maybe the moderator can edit this out. I'll research the other things to see if their is any relation.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Before I can comment on those things I am going to study them first. I can't state that what I perceive is initially true is true without researching both sides of everything.

Nicotine is different than niacin but not that different. It can trigger the body to think it has enough niacin and not uptake it. It enters the blood shutting off the sensed need of niacin and the body doesn't uptake it or store it. This seems to be the reason people need a cigarette so often, no reserves there that can be quickly accessed. The craving subsides after the body starts absorbing and processing it. People start to lose the ability to take apart tryptothan with age which starts a series of events to canabalize stores in muscle tissue. There are other processes that also cause this. B3 works with B12 and a few other vitamins extensively and an imbalance from a problem in the stomach can cause lots of problems.

A person who smokes can have a mild form of Pallagra but that doesn't appear to be the problem associated with reduced Acetylcholine attachment at all. Like I said, the research papers I've read don't seem to pose an answer to the acetylcholine issue. The sensors that are attached to are nicotine sensors in many case, they call them that for a reason. I check for new research about once every couple of months on all these things and usually read science daily most days to see new research to compare to my knowledge.

The Cannabinoid that is in pot that does people the most good is not usually thc. This seems to be well known in most medical circles. Some conditions that are helped are with methyl uptake problems and pot seems to help with those but also can go overboard if used daily. I know this other cannabinoid in pot doesn't give a person a buzz and also reduces the effectiveness of buzz in thc. The English are trying to steer the production of this canabinoid to make medical pot so it is not so psychotropic. There are many other good chemicals in pot but none of them actually make you high. People are growing medical pot with high thc, they think it's what makes it work. All that gets a person is stoned. There are medical reasons out there that might need the high thc but 95 percent need something else in a weak pot that gives no buzz. Homegrown normal Heritage seed is the best for this, possibly even hemp leaves. Bee keepers sometimes burn hemp to settle bees so they can get the honey from the hive.

I'm not sure if drugs are allowed to be discussed on ATS even to explain faults in perception of people, if not maybe the moderator can edit this out. I'll research the other things to see if their is any relation.

Nicotinic acid is a plant version of niacin, Nicotine is a specialized form of niacin. Niacinamide is the animal tissue version and tryptophan is broken down by the liver of most people to make niacinamide. Some people can't do that for various reasons though.
edit on 17-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I have been vaping from Madvapes for 3 years. I use the 6 volt rough stack 2. I can give it 2 thumbs up. DO NOT BUY THESE CHEAPY e-cigs. You need a high voltage well made vaporizer!!!!!! Madvapes Rough stack is the real deal, I keep 10 batteries on hand (rotate them they last longer). Thier E-liquid is also the BEST priced on the net.

I have not touched 1 cig. in 3 years!

PS and can vapes in my house, my bed, my office. No nagging from my wife either AND I save tons of money not buying packs of smokes!

Good Luck, Phillip

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I went from 20-30 a day since 15 years old to 0 a day two weeks ago. I tell a lie, I've actually had a few on both Fridays when drunk, that's the hardest part.

When sober I've found it really easy, I have no urges to smoke throughout the day really now, the only problem is my eyes feel a bit strange, but when I have my Friday drink I seem to end up smoking.

I suppose that's better than nothing for now, might have to buy an e-cig or something for fridays

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

just give it a try!!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

Niacine or nicotine help detox the effects of alcohol. If you don't want to smoke just eat some peanuts or some hot pickled eggs or something with chili peppers/ hot sauce on it.
They actually work better than cigarettes.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Great answer thanks i find this subject very interesting too , and i dont think we would steer towards silliness.
Perhaps acetylcholine , and the brain relations to esp fluorides , and serotonin uptake inhibitors , etc , is the secretised field of this research , or at least a place to tread carefully . We 're talking about sums that do affect people's literal quality of life , their 'everything' , as you mentioned originally. The subject is also related to medications issued by mental health services , obviously , so , and , all the best with your research

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It's funny to me how some of you guys are all gung-ho, rah rah rah, about how you quit by using e-cigs/vapes, but...you're still addicted to ingesting nicotine. Guess what. You haven't "really" quit yet.

Surely it must be "less bad" for you than real cigs, health-wise, but the root of the issue is still there. Keep going though, if quitting is really the goal.

personal disclosure: I'm 13 years quit this July 26th. Yay me!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Fluoride attach to cells that Iodine attach to and don't power them up like iodine does. This can calm people with it's antidepressant type effect. It is possible, although I have not seen any evidence to it's research, that it can cause the acetylcholine to not be able to attach also. The Cbd seems to be the chemical I was referring to in my last post. And the echinachea is a purple member of the daisy family I researched before that has antiviral effects. Saffron has really good antiviral properties also, I wonder if they are related? I couldn't find the chemical's name to see if it was related to saffron. They are both kinda purple.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by ZIPMATT

And the echinachea is a purple member of the daisy family I researched before that has antiviral effects. Saffron has really good antiviral properties also, I wonder if they are related? I couldn't find the chemical's name to see if it was related to saffron. They are both kinda purple.

kingdom, phylum/division, class, order, family, genus, species.

sorry,, guys.. but "kinda purple" is not a classification ..

edit on 7/17/12 by darrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tjack

That was my concern, I didn't want to trade the devil I knew for a new one. So I used it (ecig type) for about a month, just till over the hump, then passed my kit on down to a friend.
edit on 7/17/2012 by Hocus-Focus because: SP

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Your funny boots are kinda red, that's a classification.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

you have no idea how delicious , he was..

true story

edit on 7/17/12 by darrman because: spellenglish

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
OP is right on...

I smoked for a bout 20 years, loved it, really didn't want to quit -but knew I should. Couldn't imagine life without cigarettes. Had to smoke before, during and after everything. With coffee, beer, wine, tea, couldn't imagine living without cigs. When I first heard about electronic cigarettes, I thought it sounded like the stupidest thing ever. But after a couple of years, it occurred to me that they might just be what I need. I sure didn't want no patch, gum, lozenge, whatever - I wanna smoke!!!

I made the switch this past Groundhog's Day, and haven't looked back. I don't think it would have worked if I had mixed them up, as the op said it would probably make it harder to quit. I never thought I'd be able to quit, so I really love my ecig (I use zerocig). A few pain in the necks I know act all like 'well now you gotta quit that thing too now,' but the heck with them. I really like being able to 'smoke' without smoking, and the nicotine at the medium level is way way less than real cigs. I also feel way less dependent on it - I really like to have it but am not all desperate for it like I was for real cigs, and feel like if I got stuck without it somehow, I would not freak out like I might have when I smoked.

So, anyone wants to quit, but is very attached to their ciggies - I definitely recommend e-cigs. But like the OP said, don't be going back and forth. The ecig will seem weaker that way, and you'll crave the real ones instead.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hey this is my first post, any of you guys see the E-lites ? or Elites in other words, with the Eagle symbol next to it lol ? dont know why... but i have a bad vibe about these things

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join