It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those That ACTuaLLY Write Threads Should Rant As Well....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I constantly see people "ranting" about the downfall of ATS, well what about those members that take the time to write wonderful, informative threads, and they get buried?

There are plenty of wonderful members, new and old that take lots of time to help inform others, and share research, and are ignored while others make threads about Ron Paul and get 100 flags and the front page.

Even if those members out there dont want to share or be open about this rant, this is for all of you, and yes myself included that still has so much to share and avoids it while others that have 30 posts complain about the quality of ATS.

While those of us that write very good threads, and try adding a bit more and more so that its not wasted are more and more likely to just stop writing all together, we already know what were writing we dont need to repeat it for ourselves, we want to share, so that there are less rants about obvious fixes.

Maybe the quality has lowered for more then what most complain about?!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I agree. We are the only ones who can change the content and quality of this website. People need to do less complaining and be more proactive.

As Gandhi said, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Good points, and I hang my head in shame.

I can't tell you how many times I've read a really good, thoughtful and intriguing starting post and, instead of replying promptly, I spend days thinking about it and rehearsing a worthy reply. Then- the thread's lost. I can't find it, and so it goes...

The threads that get all the quick fast hits are the ones designed to provoke impulsive replies, not considered thought. It's a shame, really - because the more thoughtful ideas do get buried.

It would be nice if the moderators adjusted their "new topics" listings and firehose to keep things active longer and make it easier to find stuff after a couple of days, perhaps by sorting the firehose topics by category, and keeping the listings up longer.

For my part, I'll try to do better in the future- thank you for the reminder

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

There's no need to hang your head in shame. Don't be so hard on yourself. Sometimes we just miss the most obvious solution. Your suggestions for forum reform aren't bad. Perhaps contact one of the moderators or something.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

I have asked the moderators. Quite a few other members have too, I think.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm probably one of many who do that- the silence some good threads get could be the sound of many people like me thinking and appreciating the ideas but just not getting around to replying.

So- if you catch me making an impulsive dopey comment on a good thread sometime, you'll know it's just me doing my part to keep it alive until I've thought of something more profound to say.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I wrote a really cool thread once and hardly anyone showed up...

it's in my sig....

maybe i should rant about it..

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I noticed a trend of this today, and I usually just stay out of it altogether, but you make excellent points.

Why I believe the smarter people do not bother to rant, is because they fully understand that the majority of the population consists of (sorry) idiots.

Its only logical that the majority of this one is as well. I know there are stats somewhere that can tell me exactly how many people are on ATS but I don't really care. For every 20 posts, I expect only 1 of value. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to be realistic.

People like to think they're privy to some grand information, or that they're "awake" and "special" because they're members of ATS. I hate to break it to them, but thats just high paid producers giving them a few keywords to go to Google with. Same way I got here - and I sure as hell don't think I'm special - though I do think I've been awake my entire life - I also know and own that I'm often an idiot.

And in all honesty, I expect only 1 of my 20 posts to be read, understood, and appreciated. Which is fine with me. I prefer to be in the minority.

~ Peace ~
edit on 17-7-2012 by Forevever because: cause I'm an idiot

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The nubbin of ATS is the disparity. For every good thread, there are bound to be lesser quality threads. But, basically, it's people trying to contribute, in their own way. I can't begrudge that.

As far as posts go, people speak their mind, and usually poor threads get the harshest responses. Good threads get good responses.

It's nice to rant, but really, don't make it about lack of quality on ATS. Rant about how hard it is to make a quality thread that gets lots of flags.

Put some thought into it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Yeah, me too. I can see what ATS has become too. How about it, old members who write really good, in-depth threads that make everyone think...how about some new material? Are there any good conspiracy's left to investigate? I think it was our esteemed member Jim Marrs that said, please correct me if I am wrong.
There are but two ways some things happen, and if God didn't do it, then it's a conspiracy. I am hungry for some new stuff!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Personally, I really admire this website and the members on it. I don't think the overall quality is anywhere near as bad as people claim it to be, and I don't think we're on any kind of downward spiral either. That being said I do have to concede that sure, there is however some rather bad and unsavory content here and there are those who don't even seem to try and contribute or promote anything remotely positive either, but of course all I have to say in reply to that is,.. so. That's just something that is always going to be found anywhere on the web, not just here. Fact. There will always be those bad, lack of quality members and postings. Again, fact. To expect otherwise would be wholly wrong of us because the internet is just not going to change unless something drastic happens.

On the whole though, I honestly do see ATS as one of, if not the, best website of It's kind, one full of the most Intelligent and kind individuals all in one place posting at the exact same time, all trying to get to the truth in their respective fields. And I can say that soley based on what I've personally seen in my time here, what I've seen when I've posted some of my research and members have jumped in to try and help me with it and so on and on. Very few forums are like and are as advanced as this one is, in my humble opinion.

Now, that being said, I do also have to say that at times I am frustrated with some of the membership. See, we're in a rather rare position. ATS is extremely popular, as I'm sure we all know, and It receives millions of hits every single day. That's truly amazing to say the least. What's also amazing as far as I'm concerned is how some people completely fail to take advantage of this. Here, we have this venue, a platform to speak out and share our own thoughts, opinions, theories etc., here we have an opportunity to really try and spread a message and get it out there to the world, and some just completely fail to acknowledge and take advantage of this. That, for me, is actually quite sad.

ATS is about learning, It's about advancing our knowledge, It's about uncovering and discussing conspiracies, one's important to our world, our well being and so on. Too often some post a mere one liner thread, a real pet peeve of mine, aimed towards nothing at all and all too often some post something else here on a whim.

Perhaps It's the new age of the internet where everyone wants to get something out there as fast as possible, I don't know but from someone who likes to post rather long, in-depth threads (which I won't be able to do much anymore due to personal circumstances) which take days and sometimes weeks to write up from start to finish, I really do urge everyone out there to just take at least an extra few minutes before posting something. Just reread it a few times, just try to look for what can be added or contributed to it in anyway, shape or form. It all makes a difference and it all adds to a better ATS, which is surely what we all want?

If we all did that, there would be no one complaining about the state of the site anymore, no one - And at the risk of sounding like a broken record with this one here as I know It's been uttered far too often, but please, to those who have complained, just be the change you want to see. If we want to participate on a better website, then it starts with you. Make it that little bit better by at the very least reading what you post before you post it, look for mistakes, try to add to it wherever possible etc. It all does make a difference, on a site level and a personal level.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

S + F
Couldn't agree more. I'm probably guilty as well!

I had a good chuckle at your Ron Paul joke haha

new topics

top topics

join