It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Top Achievement Was Stabilizing the Economy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
at the end of the day, people can claim whatever they want....I could claim to be a technicolor unicorn who #s diamond covered chili dogs, but it would be as creditable as this stabilization.
edit on 16-7-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Well let's see here.

If Obama had a full Democrat Congress his first two years, that must have been when "He" stabilized the economy.

Unless of course the bad Republicans in the House began to stop the "progress" in 2011. Maybe that helped?

As a matter of fact....

The GOPs "greatest achievement" was derailing the recovery with a downgrade.

Maybe with a little luck they can do it again with the "Fiscal Cliff"?...Damn the country, Obama must fail?

Remember Boehner?..."We got 95% of everything we wanted"?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
reply to post by MrWendal

And maybe when he's finished leaping tall buildings in a single bound he can explain to me why NO financial criminals (including the ones in his own administration) have been prosecuted, the gap between the rich and poor has gotten worse, more jobs have been shipped overseas, more money spent on imperialistic wars, and our Constitutional rights have been shredded.

Because those are the same folks who own the GOP majority in Congress? There is more than one branch of government.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wait. . what?

Obama stabilized the economy with 8.2 unemployment, a downgrade in America's credit rating, and the largest amount of people on foodstamps in history?

. . . . . . . . And in other news, Kim Kardashian just received the Nobel Prize in Physics for her work on String Theory.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
people hate the slow recovery

it could have been catastrophic.

what baffles me is how john boehner stalling the recovery has no traction

yay two party system

How is john boehner "stalling the recovery" ?

You realize he has Democrats holding things up because they fear the reprisals.

All the Dems have to do is wake up and smell the coffee.

Obama is stalling the economy by killing the Keystone Pipeline.

Obama is stalling the economy by introducing uncertainty with ObamaCare.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yes, I'll give him this. He's stabilized the economy. It continues to get worse at a steady rate.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Yes, I'll give him this. He's stabilized the economy. It continues to get worse at a steady rate.

Obama has given us - stagnation -.

We can do better.

It would probably help if we get rid of the unending regulations.

---------
Small business will make the economy soar.

All we have to do is stop attacking them.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh god....I think I isht my pants......

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

this is comedy. Pure and simple......

good lord.

ahem......no....hahahahahahahhaha

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

“That’s important,” Obama said about enacting good policy. “But the nature of this office is also to tell a story to the American people that gives them a sense of unity and purpose and optimism, especially during tough times.”

Well, one thing he sure is good at, and that is telling a story to the American people.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ads789

“That’s important,” Obama said about enacting good policy. “But the nature of this office is also to tell a story to the American people that gives them a sense of unity and purpose and optimism, especially during tough times.”

Well, one thing he sure is good at, and that is telling a story to the American people.

Obama is good at reading a teleprompter and playing 100 rounds of golf.

That's about it.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Obama has absolutely no record to run on. He is running through wedge issues and calling his opponent a felon well before the conventions and debates. What is he hoping will happen? This election is a lot like his presidency.

1. It started with almost manic optimism (the manic optimism in his 2008 campaign speaks for itself). In this election it took the form of "No republican is even electable"

2. Then the things didn't go as plan. In 2009 and 2010, it was the Republicans refusing to roll over and let the President have his way on healthcare, etc. In this election Romney lead in early Gallup polling and has hung within 1-3 points ever since.

3. Then Obama's incompetence and inability to deal with adversity starts showing itself. In his presidency it was the slow 'recovery' and almost complete inertia after Obamacare was passed. In this election its Romney's superior fundraising and Obama's rapid fire cycle through issues.

WAR ON WOMEN, NO WAIT, STUDENT LOANS, NO WAIT, GAY MARRIAGE, NO WAIT, IMMIGRATION.

4. Obama then grows bitter, dark and self entitled and destructive. His willingness to let the debt ceiling go unsolved and the impending tax increases go unsolved unless he gets HIS way, mirrors the self delusion we see when he talks about Romney being a felon and bizarrely gives a lecture about 'the buck stops here.' (Could not believe my ears when I heard Mr. Blame Bush parrot Harry Truman).

5. The fruits are clear. We are not at 5.6 unemployment. The deficit is ballooning out of control. Healthcare costs have not gone down. We are about ready to enter ANOTHER conflict in the middle east. The fruits of his election strategy will be the same.

He is now living in la-la land and is going to lose.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The vast majority of our politico's, judges and uber elite are suffering from psychosis and need to be strapped down to a bed and given Haldol 5 mg., Ativan 2 Mg and Benadryl 50mg I'm and Stat. These people are delusional and very dangerous.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

About that debt ceiling bar chart....

What would have happened if there was no "fight".

I can't remember, but didn't they spend a lot of money anyway ?

If anything got "cut" down, what was it ? How would it have "helped", who would have got it ?

Maybe the entire debt would be much higher now ?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

When Bush left office, he was flooring the US into a brickwall and Obama was the one who had to jump in the driver's seat and start applying the brakes. A car going 120 mph in the wrong direction isn't going to magically stop/reverse and neither can an economy. First you have to slow down, then stop, and then backup. This is exactly what Obama has been trying to do. He NEVER promised it was going to be a 3- 4 year job or that it would be easy. He was explicit about the challenges we would face during his entire campaign because of previous bad decisions.

The Republicans try their best to decrease financial aid and other social progarms because they NEED their voter base to be uneducated. If you believe the economy is less stable today than it was when he first took office, then you are delusional liar or you need to go to school and get an education in finance or economics.

I hope you are getting paid a decent amount of money for all the time you have invested in creating these threads every day. Otherwise, please get a job or go to school and do something useful.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

Obama has gutted welfare reform and done everything in his power to get us all

on Food Stamps. Obama is the Food Stamp President.

His entire presidency has stagnation written all over it.

Obama is worse than Jimmy Carter.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Spending had nothing to do with it. It caused a crisis in confidence and a fear that the USA was going to actually default. As it stands we suffered a downgrade for the first time in history.

Businesses do not hire or invest in that climate.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Spending had nothing to do with it. It caused a crisis in confidence and a fear that the USA was going to actually default. As it stands we suffered a downgrade for the first time in history.

Businesses do not hire or invest in that climate.

I understand your view, but this old article has a different reason.

Washington Post -- Aug 5, 2011

Lowering the nation’s rating to one notch below AAA, the credit rating company said “political brinkmanship” in the debate over the debt had made the U.S. government’s ability to manage its finances “less stable, less effective and less predictable.” It said the bipartisan agreement reached this week to find at least $2.1 trillion in budget savings “fell short” of what was necessary to tame the nation’s debt over time and predicted that leaders would not be likely to achieve more savings in the future......

S&P "error" ?

“A judgment flawed by a $2 trillion error speaks for itself,” a Treasury spokesman said Friday night.

U.S. Downgrade

it didn't seem to be about the "debt ceiling".

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

We need 5% GDP growth right now.

It's impossible to see that under Obama.

We need new leadership. - President Mitt Romney -

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Obamanomics: Census Shows Poverty Levels Skyrocketing To Highest Level Since 1965…
weaselzippers.us...

What politicians will say to get re-elected. Great top achievement!

The ranks of America’s poor are on track to climb to levels unseen in nearly half a century, erasing gains from the war on poverty in the 1960s amid a weak economy and fraying government safety net.

Read more: www.politico.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join