It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP Is Seriously Considering Putting Ron Paul's 'Audit' The Fed In The Party Platform

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
That would be a excellent idea considering the scandal enveloping the banks globally, an undoubtedly would help the Republicans win some votes by using Paul's "Audit the Fed" bill. But I think it unlikely Ron Paul supporters would jump ship and vote for Romney, I wouldn't.

I don't believe I'll be voting for Romney or Obama.

businessinsider.com

A GOP source tells Business Insider that the Republican Party is seriously considering including support for an audit of the Federal Reserve in the party's platform this year, a move that would enshrine Paul's signature policy in the Republican Party doctrine for at least the next four years.

According to the source, the possibility of including Paul's position on auditing the Fed in the party platform came up during a recent meeting between Republican nominee Mitt Romney and Paul's son, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, whose positions generally align with those of his father. The source told Business Insider that Romney expressed support for including the "Audit the Fed" plan into the platform, and that the Paul camp is working on specific language to present at the Republican National Convention in Tampa next month.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
We don't need to audit the Fed........that is a fool's errand

We need to END the Fed...

We need to end PRIVATE control of the PUBLIC money supply...

...I don't want to put lipstick on this ugly damned pig...And I don't want to go digging around in its poop...

...I just want the damn PIG to stop eating up the tasty bits in my garden

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Seriously considering

If they were serious they would made it part of their platform from day one.

The ship is sinking.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
That won me over, I am a full blown republicant now!

Yeah right......

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Although this will never in a million years make me throw my support behind Romney or Obama, I believe it is for the cause of liberty. Liberty will move forward way beyond the years of Ron Paul, although he is the man that sparked the fire in me and woke me up from my apathy. I will follow its principles for the rest of my days, and work my life to continue this cause. And, I am still hoping he gets the nomination in Tampa, and if he doesn't, I am writing his name in anyway. Vote your conscience, not a collective. Group thinking in its foundation gives you the idea that if everyone else is doing it, you have to follow suit, or in other words if you vote for one person it is somehow magically going to get someone else the upper hand. I say that idea is a flawed one. Think for yourself. Don't believe for a second that someone doesn't have a chance. If you believe that then you have already lost. Stranger things have happened in this world. Who would YOU like to see in that white house? Make it happen!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I'll be writing in Ron Paul and believe there should be a movement to do the same. It would certainly squelch the GOP corruption!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
If the republican party had ANY testicles, they would have all ENDORSED Ron Paul for president. What a bunch of phony bastards.

edit on 17-7-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The thing about the Fed is that the secret is out. They are not a part of Government, they are a privately owned Bank, and they charge us for printing our own money.

Which ever side of the fence decides to put any type of focus at all onto the Fed would be wise to do so. The sad part is, whichever party chooses to do so will just whitewash everything or not do a complete audit and spin what does come out.

What this Country needs now more than ever is the emergence of a New Political Party, or preferably Parties, that is not linked to Democrats or Republicans.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Do it- put it in your platform.

Im still not voting Romney.

And if they were serious about it(like one of the above posters stated)- they would have done it already.

Just an attempt to try and win Paul people- because without us- He and the republican party are screwed this election cycle.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'd just like to add that the "Audit the Fed" bill has every intention of opening the door to End the Fed, its just that during an Audit we are going to see the truth, that TRILLIONS of taxpayer dollars have been mis-appropriated and used for things outside of their intended purpose, and that will spell the beginning of the end.

Insiders know they are illegal scum, and the Audit the Fed bill will rip the curtain off and prove it, then the rest is (quite literally) golden history.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

the phrase "dog and pony show" came to mind when I read that title. it's a charade to get his supporters, who the gop desperately needs, involved.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Exactly!

GOP support is incredibly low and this seems like just another "marketing scheme" to get people to jump on the GOP bandwagon.

What a bunch of posers!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

i think the way to end the fed is to start off with an audit. people need to know why they should want to end it. see the concrete proof.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve killed my Father, and raped my Mother.
An audit will just be a bone thrown to the masses of hounds who have suffered injustice.

Eliminate the "Federal" Reserve's power to control our currency is the only solution. Oh wait, JFK already tried, and look what happened there.

They should at least force a name change so people know what it is. Maybe "Foreign Criminal Reserve" or "We're Not American But We Own Your Ass Reserve".

An audit won't sway my vote. I'm not even going to vote if it comes down to just Obaomney.
edit on 17-7-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I want to suggest something here. Let's wait and see if the Repub Party really adopts this first because we wouldn't want to spook them. However, once it's in place and a plank, well, backing away is backing from their whole core purpose, isn't it?

We HAVE to audit this before we can shut it down because the average person still has a look fitting for Pee-Wee Herman trying to solve a problem of astro-physics when the name Fed or Federal Reserve Bank comes up. Hey, I did have one awhile back at least know the name......then proceeded to tell me how they are the satellites of Fort Knox and store all the gold for America. Oh....Die Hard...why that plot?! ugh...

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we have just a peek of an audit before all the election madness started? I know I recall reports of bailouts to foreign banks roughly equal to the 16t of our national debt. I recall I almost fell out of my chair to realize that report back then actually doubled a number which already meant doom, outright.That came from the Fed as I recall. So, if thats what they throw the wolves as a bone to go away, what is really sitting there to be found? 100's of trillions in and out? Something else? Something even worse?

The public won't even know the name...let alone support shutting it down..until the worst is public somehow, IMO. Perhaps that is what Anony and the more skilled groups that don't hang signs for credit ought to focus on with everything, as the possible thread that unravels the rest?
edit on 17-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
An audit will just be a bone thrown to the masses of hounds who have suffered injustice.

Eliminate the "Federal" Reserve's power to control our currency is the only solution. Oh wait, JFK already tried, and look what happened there.

They should at least force a name change so people know what it is. Maybe "Foreign Criminal Reserve" or "We're Not American But We Own Your Ass Reserve".

An audit won't sway my vote. I'm not even going to vote if it comes down to just Obaomney.

Consider that an Audit could find them guilty of the Trillions stolen, and demand them pay it back while dissolving the relationship it has w/ the country. Whereas just breaking the relationship would not allow resolution, only forward progress whilst the ship sinks...as it has already taken on too much water.. I mean debt.

An audit is better, as long as its teeth are not removed during the law making process. So far, the bill has gone through completely unamended. Let's hope it stays that way, stay on your politicians to make it sure it does!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

This is going to be the most amazing and eventful National convention ever!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Daedal

This is going to be the most amazing and eventful National convention ever!

Especially if the 11th hour lawsuit against the GOP goes well!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend

No dude...eccentric madmen are required by law to show up and vote. You have to write yourself
in or write in someone else, but you gotta vote....it's the law! (that I just enacted)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Pay close attention:

"... the Republican Party is seriously considering including support for an audit of the Federal Reserve in the party's platform this year,..."

"Support for" an audit?

That doesn't mean they will actually DO anything about it.

Lip service, that's all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join