It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Information Objects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thought I would join in creating threads and propose a potential new phenomenon for which there is absolutely no supporting evidence

Unidentified Information Object
noun (plural UIOs)
a mysterious object seen on the Internet and other information systems for which it is claimed no orthodox scientific explanation can be found

As the Internet continues to grow in size and popularity, and becomes an essential part of human existence, how long before the phenomenon of unidentified flying and submerged objects becomes manifest in this new realm of information

In practical terms we might see servers on the Internet that no human has published, extraterrestrial worms and viruses, strange files appearing on filesystems, bizarre posts to discussion forums and untraceable connections between unknown peers

Usenet features hundreds of gigabytes of encrypted data files with plain indexed filenames posted to nondescript newsgroups. I wonder who publishes this stuff and for what purpose

Would extraterrestrials interact with us via the Internet, or communicate between themselves via Internet connections and repositories, or even utilise the Internet to carry out some agenda

Or is the UFO / ET phenomenon entirely limited to the physical and possibly psychological worlds ignoring the emerging digital world..

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by quantumfluctuation

here is something i find fascinating ..

Occasionally, i receive an Email, usually spam,, but it has a Paragraph or so, of seemingly odd syntax words of a more random nature,, (I'll find Example)
they are NOT Key words,, but Very disturbing..

Example from my folder
""hper wrld university/applied just btgold innslp isdn-capi canneh puch/kick dickel iinnc gxditview primussucks scanval tax-delinquent isdn-capi oldbot nkx bf'p ehockey makuport just grodahl just mintingco hobbiest ehockey regeneron dicad sprading dickel damianist tioclbic isostearyl ztn kohr-ah advan taysomd bf'p lobito mintingco vjg pessimizing iinnc isostearyl dpssetcontext just dickel vertx taysomd whheydt agj makuport wrld ehockey ncolumns pupy's jpleslie eudendrium makuport respondtoclick of-statement university/applied commmodore ballout ajj respondtoclick makuport makuport leade wrld just taysomd datalens eassign agj sideco regeneron mamodaev ccacik ""

what is THIS??

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Nah, mate. If something like that started happening, and all the explainable causes were ruled out, you'd be looking at the birth of true machine intelligence. Or the Internet becoming conscious.

I've always argued there is a real possibility of the Internet becoming conscious, even at a very low level, and what you described in the opening post would be the first signs of that.
edit on 16-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
new? I don't think so...

usenet: probable piracy
unpublished sites: millions of intranets
rubish text in email: trying to manipulation ranking of keywords in some web service like google

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Aliens can use any live line- radio signal..such as computer, Live Broadcast on TV..etc..Pretty Impressive!! More to come.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Would an alien communicate with us through the internet?

IMO that's not only absurd, that's insulting to the alien.

They aren't going to stoop down to our level. They're waiting us to ascend a little to more of a galactic level.

We need to work on ourselves. Not technology. We need to hone-in our pineal gland and get back to our innate gifts like telepathy. It appears we're one of the last reminding civilizations (maybe in this galaxy,) who still need spoke/written words to communicate. And because of that, our own species are divided due to these language barriers. So we have a long ways to go yet.

So, no! We got to step up our game if we ever want mass communication with intelligent entities.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I think ets use technology as a carrot to us. why? I don't know, but I hope we eventually get the clean technology they use. They could limit our space ships to stay within this solar system and I'd be happy. Imagine having a ufo with a huge display screen and a program called googleuniverse where you would simply look at a certain place and think about it and all of a sudden you are hovering over it in your own self contained atmosphere? You could have a picnic hovering over Io or looking up close at Saturn's rings. Imagine what it would do for humanity if you could bring water to people around the world instantly? I think alien technology or even intervention is what we need to sustain the condition of the planet that we take for granted in everything we say and do.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I think finding a live web cam site that's on some planet light years away would be......

well pretty darn cool!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Unidentified Information Objects? Do we need to create an Unidentified Information Class? sorry, bad object-orientated joke..

Have I seen Information Objects online I can not identify; Yes. Do I attribute them to extra-terrestrial sources; No.

join