It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria conflict: West 'blackmailing' Russia on sanctions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes,primary sources.Some clients who are from Damascus and Deraa. I was in Deraa when the civil disturbances by terrorists started.

What sources you got other than media which spouts rebel nonsense?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Your post makes sense but only partially. Gas prices have been down lately because of the huge oil find in the US which results in big quantities of gas also releasing. In few years, US might be self sufficient in both gas and oil and gas it might be in next 2 years or so. If they stretch their wings a little, a lot of this US gas can even be exported to Europe although that is a long shot right now but new technologies can be developed.

Syria has more areas of value in addition to the gas pipeline alone. Geopolitics is in full swing but I doubt Putin will go as far as to play war with US.

The famed Russian ship carrying helicopters is nowhere near Syria or in direction of Syria, at least yet. That is what I had speculated before. Russians will not risk an open confrontation with the West. More so, when the drunkards and crooks in their own country have hollowed the military and economy except the energy sector. But for oil prices, Russia would be in tough shape in many a ways.

EU consume only 20% gas from RF and can live and without rus. natural gas

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'll call your bluff. I'll believe WW-III broke out when I see it until then, it's just fear mongering IMHO. I've said it before and I'll say it again Russia won't risk the lives of millions of it citizens over a ME dictator whose Capital is already seeing heavy fighting.
Thats how and what the people believed before WW2 started the people never believed that a WW2 would happen but it did happen because the globalist elites thinks of us as nothing more then mere pawns in there game of chess.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

Your post makes sense but only partially. Gas prices have been down lately because of the huge oil find in the US which results in big quantities of gas also releasing. In few years, US might be self sufficient in both gas and oil and gas it might be in next 2 years or so. If they stretch their wings a little, a lot of this US gas can even be exported to Europe although that is a long shot right now but new technologies can be developed.

Syria has more areas of value in addition to the gas pipeline alone. Geopolitics is in full swing but I doubt Putin will go as far as to play war with US.

The famed Russian ship carrying helicopters is nowhere near Syria or in direction of Syria, at least yet. That is what I had speculated before. Russians will not risk an open confrontation with the West. More so, when the drunkards and crooks in their own country have hollowed the military and economy except the energy sector. But for oil prices, Russia would be in tough shape in many a ways.

Hmm.... They seemed pretty frantic here a couple years ago when Russia was playing games through the Ukraine on gas supplies into Eastern Europe. I don't recall anyone saying the word shortage, but people can be destroyed by utility costs long before the pipe pressure gets cut off. The US is full of examples of people hurting badly from high triple digit utility bills, damn near year around now.

Only 20%? Hmm.. I appreciate the figure. I assume that's a current one? Now if the United States watched fully 1/5th of it's Natural gas supplies either drop or become unstable, our markets would just blow to the moon and fly a few laps just for the laughs...while the nation cried from the pain. Europe can take games within 20% if it's supply and not have major problems? I honestly don't know....I don't know Europe like a local and I have a feeling we're into that level of detail here.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by leosnake

Hmm.... They seemed pretty frantic here a couple years ago when Russia was playing games through the Ukraine on gas supplies into Eastern Europe. I don't recall anyone saying the word shortage, but people can be destroyed by utility costs long before the pipe pressure gets cut off. The US is full of examples of people hurting badly from high triple digit utility bills, damn near year around now.

Only 20%? Hmm.. I appreciate the figure. I assume that's a current one? Now if the United States watched fully 1/5th of it's Natural gas supplies either drop or become unstable, our markets would just blow to the moon and fly a few laps just for the laughs...while the nation cried from the pain. Europe can take games within 20% if it's supply and not have major problems? I honestly don't know....I don't know Europe like a local and I have a feeling we're into that level of detail here.

EU in 2011
With regard to the supply of gas, 34% of the gas, as in the past year amounted to its own production. 24% of the exporters provided Russia (against 23% in 2010), 19% - Norway, 9% - Algeria.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

WW3? ..yea that might be possible .. but that would be a huge disaster!!! ... and coming back to the topic ,what exactly did he mean when he said "elements of blackmail" ... he couldve been more specific.. afterall its RUSSIA .. why does he have to be scared! ..

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jarjun

but last disaster in history of humanity

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Looks like the Syrian situation could possibly be resolved in about 36 hours....

Or at the very least more clarified in terms of where this is going.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
oh and did you hear about the arms shipment caughty by Lebanon today?? .. It was allegedly from Libya and bound for the rebels in Syria ... NATO supplying arms to the rebels?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jarjun
oh and did you hear about the arms shipment caughty by Lebanon today?? .. It was allegedly from Libya and bound for the rebels in Syria ... NATO supplying arms to the rebels?

Where did you get NATO out of Libya sending arms to rebels in Syria?

Russia and Iran are sending support to the Syrain government so I fail to see your point on the other half of that coin.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The shipment was for the "free syrian army" ... from Libya .. NATO is in Libya ..

Theres also a report similar to this by RT

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join