It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Goes on the Attack: Demands Obama to release F &F Documents!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
“If we want to talk about transparency, the real issue is: Why has this President used his presidential power and executive to keep information about Fast and Furious program from being explained to the American people?" asked Romney. "This is not some personal matter, this is the action of his administration."

Why Won't Obama Release Fast and Furious Documents

Romney's right. He's not hurting anybody by not releasing his tax returns. In Fact he is likely hiding from Obama taxes that would make him poorer anyway. Why won't Obama release the documents and take seriously the scandal that killed a US Government Employee!
edit on 16-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Release UFO docs while you're at it.
Thanks.

He has a valid point.
Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Nice one... Maybe Mitt is finding some fire in his belly after all. I was starting to wonder if we had McCain Part II. Mitt gives up nothing because I really don't think this will show anything. It's so obvious a spot to have been vetted a thousand times by Mitt's own people, it's silly to think it got missed...but...for nothing, he demands a really big prize.

Hey...Romney didn't turn this into a battle royal with the whole nation taking notice...someone else did that. Might not have been the best idea now, huh?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Romney's right. He's not hurting anybody by not releasing his tax returns.

Ummm...he is hurting himself quite a bit.

Romney already had a negative favorable rating...his continue refusal to release tax returns isn't going to help that.

People think he is hiding something...people don't like that.

He can attempt to deflect this issue all he wants, but it is not going to go away.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Romney's right. He's not hurting anybody by not releasing his tax returns.

Ummm...he is hurting himself quite a bit.

Romney already had a negative favorable rating...his continue refusal to release tax returns isn't going to help that.

He can attempt to deflect this issue all he wants, but it is not going to go away.

Well

Obama has been / is hiding much much more and a lot of it is out in the open now.

Obama's hidden "Treasures" = 1000

Romney's hidden "Treasures" = 1

Time's Up

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Operation F&F was the brainchild of Albert Gonzalez back in 2005 when he conceived Project Gunrunner. Before F&F there was Operation Wide Receiver (2006) that also lost guns into Mexico. F&F is exactly like Wide Receiver. Only when that happened under then Republican president Bush, the Republicans had no interest in it. What we have now is a politicized drama with Republicans demanding files on an open and active investigation. Romney needs to do everything he can to distract from his own record and lack of release of his tax returns, thus trying to lay the blame on Obama for Project Gunrunner, even though those began under a predecessor.

No candidate for president has ever been so closed on their tax statements as Romney, even Obama released his for the past 10 years. Presidential Tax Returns

He's hiding his offshore assets and connection to Bain, plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Nothing like a politician pointing at another saying he should release things first. Sure Obama should release some documents, but that doesn't give Romney a blank check for secrecy when he is running for the presidency.

It really comes across as "Sure I am a sleazy politician who is hiding things, but so is Obama". Not exactly an inspiring candidate.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Romney is getting desperate.

Even Republicans are screaming for him to thrown out those tax forms.

Furthermore, Republicans have already started the process to see what those documents are.

He isn't demanding anything new.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Mitt Romney is shook because he committed a felony

edit on 16-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Sounds like you are talking about Obama and Fast and Furious.

He is obviously hiding something .. he was caught telling lies about it ... and he can
deflect on Fast And Furious all he wants but it is not going to go away. It's his watergate.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well

Obama has been / is hiding much much more and a lot of it is out in the open now.

What is Obama "hiding"???

His college transcripts??? Because revealing those is going to prove what...that he got a D in Calculus???

This is such a pathetic counter-argument....you don't care that Romney is lying....because Obama didn't release his college transcripts. The fact is that no one who already doesn't hate Obama cares about his college transcripts...but there are a lot of independent and republican voters out there demanding Romney to release his tax returns.

Let's not forget...Obama had to release his short form and his long form birth certificate because of the crazy rantings from the Right.

That's right...the Right started this game...and now Romney is going to suffer for it. You can act like it is no big deal...but it will be a main point in the campaign until Romney releases at least the past 10 years of his tax returns.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Sounds like you are talking about Obama and Fast and Furious.

He is obviously hiding something .. he was caught telling lies about it ... and he can
deflect on Fast And Furious all he wants but it is not going to go away. It's his watergate.

The only place I hear about Fast and Furious is on ATS.

I doubt the majority of voters even know what the hell Fast and Furious is.

Which just proves how desperate Romney is...he is delving into conspiracy theories...maybe next he will ask Obama for his Birth Certificate again.

The facts are...Obama has a positive favorability rating and Romney has a negative rating....Romney telling the American people that they don't need to see any more of his returns while there are huge questions about his financial past...is not going to help that.

You go ahead and try to deflect it all you want...it's cute.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I can't tell you how many times I have talked to people not on this site and they thought I was talking about, the movie. fast and furious.

We have a disconnect with the liberal media. Imagine if a republican was in office when all this happened?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I am starting to believe that old sci fi movie, the one with the 2 identical people who are polar opposites. The whole evil twin thing.... and I believe JJ is Outkast Searcher's evil twin

The article is nothing more than the pot calling the kettle black (and no that comment has nothing to do with race, it is actually an old saying that can apply to people of any color). This is all part of the dog and pony show of US politics, divide and conquer. They have to pretend these two candidates are different from one another, so the camps created a little conflict for the sheep to argue about while missing the big picture... and that's where I am here to help!

So please allow me to put this in perspective....

Dear Mitt Romney,
The reason why Obama will not release documents pertaining to Fast and Furious, is actually for the exact same reason you will not release your tax information. You BOTH have something to hide.

Thank you for your time,
Mr. Wendal

and yes boys and girls, it is really that simple.
edit on 16-7-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
and a nation yawns

dumb and dumber

the 2 party system has jumped the shark

check please

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Which just proves how desperate Romney is...he is delving into conspiracy theories...maybe next he will ask Obama for his Birth Certificate again.

That would be because you choose not to look for information on Fast and Furious.

A quick google news search will bring up over 150 articles from various new sources posted in just the last 24 hours alone, but I'm sure you are right... no one is talking about F&F but us nutters on ATS

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Neither Obama or Romney are fit to hold that office. They both are lying, power hungry charlatans.
Obama needs to give up the documents on Fast & Furious.
Romney needs to show his returns.
Why is anyone sticking up for either of them?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

People that do not live on the internet have no clue what FF is, other than the people that watch Fox nonstop.

Why? because it is boring to most people.

Everyone knows about the hooker secret service scandal though.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

That would be because you choose not to look for information on Fast and Furious.

A quick google news search will bring up over 150 articles from various new sources posted in just the last 24 hours alone, but I'm sure you are right... no one is talking about F&F but us nutters on ATS

If you honestly think Fast and Furious is an election issue...knowing what you believe is reality...I'm not really surprised.

I honestly sometimes think some of us do live in different dimensions or realities and we have somehow interconnected through the internet...because outside of ATS and Fox News...no one cares about Fast and Furious.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Imagine if a republican was in office when all this happened?

There was a Republican in office when this happened. Project Gunrunner (2005), Operation Wide Receiver (2006). The GOP then wouldn't touch the issue. Just like the GOP wouldn't be holding these politicized hearings if McCain had won office in 2008. Issa is demanding files from an open and ongoing police investigation, which is a violation of law. If they were serious, they would have Gonzalez and Mukasey on the stand as well. What we have now is nothing more than political theater, being run to demean and embarrass the Dems since they hold office, for something that was largely a Republican creation from the previous admin.

The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

top topics

<<   2 >>

join