It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Propaganda – Racism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Firstly, this thread is not about football. It is about how the BBC consistently loves to spread propaganda in regards to racism. Secondly, Mods please move this thread if in the wrong forum. Thank you.

So... More or less every day, I visit the BBC ‘football’ website as football is one of my interests. I like to keep myself updated but recently I’ve been getting more and more annoyed at how the BBC present themselves.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Every time I go on the site, there is ‘BREAKING’ news in regards to Racism. So last month I decided to take a screenshot of the websites propaganda as I was going to create a thread but I decided not to.

Below is last month’s webpage from the 15th of June.

“Breaking News. UEFA Investigates thrown banana”.

Oh my. What on earth is going on? How are people meant to live their lives when banana’s are being thrown at them!

What a pathetic way to create an issue out of something.

So without fail, BBC consistently provided propaganda in regards to racism. So today I finally decided to take another screenshot and post a thread.

Here is today’s screenshot. I just wish I had taken screenshots throughout the last month as it was astonishingly pathetic and frustrating to look at. Much worse than the ones shown here.

So what do you think? Is football Racist? Or should I be asking: Is the BBC Racist?

Panorama attacked over 'sensationalist' Euro 2012 racism claims

The BBC has been accused of sensationalism over claims in a Panorama documentary that racism and antisemitism are rampant in Ukraine and Poland, the hosts of the Euro 2012 football tournament, which begins on Friday.

The documentary, Euro 2012: Stadiums of Hate, was screened last week. It included footage of Polish fans chanting antisemitic slogans and giving Nazi salutes, and showed a group of Asian supporters being beaten and punched at an end-of-season league match in Ukraine.

The graphic footage prompted the former England defender Sol Campbell to urge fans to stay away from Euro 2012 and "watch it on TV" instead. He added: "Don't even risk [going] … because you could end up coming back in a coffin."

On Wednesday, however, Jonathan Ornstein, the executive director of the Jewish community centre in Krakow, accused the BBC of selective reporting. He said he was "furious" at the way Panorama had "exploited me as a source" and claimed it had "used me and others to manipulate the serious subject of antisemitism for its own sensationalist agenda".

www.guardian.... co.uk/football/2012/jun/06/panorama-attacked-sensationalist-euro-2012-racism-claims?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

So the thing is, BBC keeps on promoting racism.

Not only is this frustrating to look at but they are losing a great deal of respect for themselves (not that they had any to begin with). There are so many people who just don’t give a fu#k about this but they keep on spreading this Bull Sh#t to actually create an issue.

I for one do not believe that racism exists. If you are offended and deem something as racist then it is you that is racist for interpreting it as being racist.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

I was with you all the way up to the last couple of sentences. Raciscm most certainly exists, but the BBC and Sol Campbel did nothing but fan the flames.

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Sorry I communicated wrongly. What I meant was that if someone called you white/black and you took it offensively, then it is you that is racist for interpreting it racially. Do you see what I mean?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yes, I believe that people use race baiting as an excuse for bad things. But why is the person labling someone based on their color in the first place? I do think, considering the amount of "racism" build up prior to the the European Championships, the whole "you may come home in a body bag" bs, and the mostly peaceful results (always a few bad apples with soccer), it was proven that this was fear mongering at its worst.

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Throwing bananas at black players is basically calling them monkeys.
That's just about as racist as you can be in a football ground.

That said, the BBC loves a bit of racism to squeal about. That shouldn't detract from trying to clean up the game.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Is it ironic at all that Rio Ferdinand refers to Ashley Cole as "Choc-ice"? Slang for "Black on the outside/white inside"? Seems like a dumb thing to say considering his brothers recent events.

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by SprocketUK

Is it ironic at all that Rio Ferdinand refers to Ashley Cole as "Choc-ice"? Slang for "Black on the outside/white inside"? Seems like a dumb thing to say considering his brothers recent events.

CJ

Racism has no colour. Black cops used to get called coconuts for the same reason.
Rio felt Cole sold out his fellow black players by sticking up for JT.

There's tons of harsh words he could have used for Ashley, but I guess he felt that one was the most appropriate. Mind you, he did a fair bit of lame a$$ed backpedalling since.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I find it difficult to agree with your post for the simple fact that you have used football as an example and every paper is running racism stories in relation to footballl. High profile footballers involved in a court battle because of alleged racism is big new for news agencies.

I have checked a few papers today online:

www.independent.co.uk...

www.mirror.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.mirror.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

All are running racism stories. What you have presented is no where near enough to convince me of anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You are trying to find racism where there is none,.The KKK and BNP have websites, you might want to look there as it would be a lot easier to find exactly what you are looking for.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

It's not just BBC .. CNN every other article seems to be about how racist Whites are against Latinos or Blacks. It seems if a story breaks the first angle covered is Racism, and if it happens that the victim is Black the racism goes full force (look at the Martin case in Florida .. the guy wasn't even white but CNN lead the charge saying he was anyways)

I don't really understand WHY certain news media outlets do this.... but I do know that all the media outlets that focus particularly on Race are Progressive Liberal news sources. To me it seems to be a transnational issue.. the Globalist are doing everything they can to spread racial hatred against Whites. To what end, I don't know.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Most likely started with "blazing saddles"...except for the Irish...

CJ

new topics

top topics

join