It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Year Old Mugged In NYC - Can Some of the Blame be put on the Parents?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Thank you for an honest and quite side tracked answer.

You are right in that "we don't know" but what we do know is that Bed-Stuy is not a safe place, especially at night, and people living there know this. Including the mother which is why I stated what I did in my first post.

And I understand where you are coming from, we should not pass judgement. You are right however this story reeks of either a total lack of common sense and intelligence or there was some illegal activity going on (and not the robbery of the necklace).
IDK, maybe I put 1 and 1 together too much.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Even if I were a mugger, I wouldn't assume that a baby's chain was worth 400 dollars..I mean, I probably wouldn't take a second look. I makes me think that they knew something about this family already.
But even the Super-Rich wear fake replicas of their expensive stuff when hanging out with the other hoidies and toidies.

I do remember as a young child, being taken out late for one reason or another, just because there was something that needed to be taken care of, and no one at home to watch me.

But, if it's a known bad area, it's just common sense to plan your little journey to be a safe as possible.
All safety courses teach something about not being a high visibility target. I'm sure they learned their lesson.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Question #2) Why is a three year old wearing a $400 gold necklace? I know it was a gift, but really? Question #3) Is it safe to say that walking around a dangerous neighborhood @ 11:45 pm wearing bling heightens your chances of getting robbed? Question #4) Are these parents guity of neglect?

To answer the last of your questions..they are guilty of neglect, by putting their child in harms way in the sense of advertising an easily stolen piece of jewelry around his neck, and not supervising him well enough, in a place and at a time that was not safe.

Maybe they have to bring him along at that time due to schedules, but leave the bling at home, and keep him within eye view, all of the time..even pushing him up to the machines when loading and unloading.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Victims of muggings rarely report the incident to the police. Most feel the damage is already done or don`t feel in the mood to fill out a long form in a creepy station house. There might be twenty muggings for each one reported, be aware that dimly lit streets are where 90% of muggings take place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join