It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Year Old Mugged In NYC - Can Some of the Blame be put on the Parents?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by MrWendal

Read the article next time before you think about making an asenine comment. The 'bling' was a gift from family members for his baptism.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So the scum who mugged the kid gets none of the blame? What a sorry bunch.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Re-read the title of the thread.

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

I did. I stand by what I said.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I did. I stand by what I said.

So, as per the OP, you believe none of the blame should fall on the parents?

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What you do is this:

On a gold chain, have a secret compartment somewhere with powerful explosives.

You need a remote detonator with a range of four miles.

If some thug steals it....

KABOOM!

Problem solved.

edit on 16-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So, as per the OP, you believe none of the blame should fall on the parents?

Yes. The only blame here should fall on the person who mugged the child. That and the City of New York's BS laws on carrying a gun for self-defence.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I am surprised it doesn't happen more often, the way new yorkers new yorkers dress.

When I was at the Central Park zoo, I saw an entire family of four, in ankle length fur coats.

they were looking at the Snow Leopards. I asked them point blank if they were scouting out their new coats. I was ignored.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by MrWendal

Read the article next time before you think about making an asenine comment. The 'bling' was a gift from family members for his baptism.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I did read it, and I realize it was a gift. Now let me ask you.... how asinine is it to live in a bad neighborhood and strap a $400 chain to the neck of a 3 year old? Maybe a better "gift" instead of a chain for a baby is to give the cash to the parents so they can raise their kid in a better area. Maybe a better "gift" is to take that $400 and use it towards a deposit for an apartment in a better neighborhood. This is not rocket science. Why would a 3 year old need such a necklace? Is this 3 year old more fashion conscience than the average 3 year old?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Obviously, most of you don't know where Bedford-Stuyvesant is or what it means. ANYONE wearing a $400 gold chain around there is asking for it, unless they are 6 foot 5, ripped, and packing heat. Especially late at night.

The parents are absolutely to blame. It's idiotic. There is a term for that type of "rich". As in, "We so rich the baby got a $400 gold chain, but we can't afford our own washing machine."

If they'd traded the bling for the washing machine, they wouldn't have to go to the laundromat. And if anyone could afford a watch, so they could tell what time it was, they could have taken care of it at a better time. Going to the laundromat at midnight is just stupid. You will be there till 2 AM. Going anywhere in Bed-Stuy at midnight is stupid, unless you are a super badass. Chuck Norris would not walk around Bed-Stuy at midnight.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Actually no... I believe it goes without saying that a person who would rob a 3 year old is a huge piece of crap and should be covered with honey and tied down in the middle of a field full of fire ants... that being said, the parents are idiots for turning a 3 year old into a target.

It is common sense that if you wear flashy jewelery- you can be targeted and robbed. It is the same reason why people like to carry travelers checks, because flashing a huge wad of money in public can make you a target and you will get robbed. If you live in a bad neighborhood- your chances to get robbed increase.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I am surprised it doesn't happen more often, the way new yorkers new yorkers dress.

When I was at the Central Park zoo, I saw an entire family of four, in ankle length fur coats.

they were looking at the Snow Leopards. I asked them point blank if they were scouting out their new coats. I was ignored.

That made me laugh out loud, just the way you wrote it.

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

If you chum the water

While I think the parents are idiots, I think 100% of the blame lies on the muggers. I suppose this is an 'asking for it' situation. Let's say a girl decides to walk downtown dressed in very skanky attire. She gets raped. She was stupid to walk downtown dressed the way she was, but all the blame lies on the rapist in my opinion.

That being said, how stupid can you be? $400 chain on a toddler? Hell I wouldn't trust myself with a $400 chain. I'd break/lose that thing in a day.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So what?Is now a crime to walk with your child at times that are not regulated by the government?

*&^% happens, end of story.

Judge the actions of the same people with this headline: Child looses gold chain given by his recently deceased grandmother. The chain is a shield against evil valued at 300 dollars.

Judge the actions of the same people with this headline: Child has gold chain stolen on the way to violin lessons, 10: AM, no value was given.

I don't see why you people are seeing this as a judge them situation. I could sit down right now and take apart each one of you judgmental nuts lives apart and find 25 things you done to break a law, 20 things you wrong, 10 things you could do better. You are not these people, why have an opinion? You were not with them, you are not them, you did not see them, in fact, you don't even know they even exist.

Try spending an entire week without passing judgment on anyone, not even yourselves and see how you feel. It is remarkable how judging these folks for being stupid about taking a child out at night brings out the righteousness in so many - why?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

So you would walk with you're 3 year old child at midnight in probably one of the worst neighborhoods in the nation?
Honest question.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Why is a three year old child out at 11:45 pm?

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I agree with you OP. While crime is never excusable, we have to remember that we are animals, things happen, the world is not perfect.

Why on Earth are these parents spending $400 on a gold chain for a child of that age!?

If they have that kind of money to waste on crap like that perhaps they would be better buying their own damned washing machine?!

And although I don't know them, obviously, I'll almost guarantee they're on food stamps and screaming poverty too. Complete lunacy!

Oh, and I almost didn't mention the time of night either. No child under 10 should be out of bed at that time of night unless they're waiting for Santa, have wet the bed, or have the intellectual capacity of a 20 year old.
edit on 16-7-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

The problem is that she was pushing a baby with a $400 chain which is bad enough anywhere in the world. Which baby needs a $400 chain. The worse thing was that it was in Bedford-Stuyvesant. You would have to be truly stupid to do that.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

So you would walk with you're 3 year old child at midnight in probably one of the worst neighborhoods in the nation?
Honest question.

There is no "what I would do." There is no such things "would do." There is doing, and since I do not live where these people live, and am not these people, I can't answer the question and neither can you. I can only say what I am doing and what I have done, but since this is speculation, it is pointless to answer.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Why is a three year old child out at 11:45 pm?

CJ

How do I know? I went to the movies with my parents until well past midnight when I was three, back in the 60's when the world wasn't turned into a fear mongering fascist state, there was no problem. I also walked to school, took the bus all over and my parents we not seen a scum because they didn't drive me everywhere out of TV generated fear. When did children become fragile fabrege eggs, whose only contact with the outside world should be through TV and organized get togethers with "safe" people?

The buddah said what ruined him was NOT being part of the world, evidently good mommy's and daddy's make sure their children avoid the real world because it is full of bad, awful people, stay inside, hide, be afraid and call the police if you see anything that might be scary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join