It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighters Ordered to Remove American Flags From Their Trucks

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acessallareas
reply to post by phantomjack

IMO A person should be free to display the flag of any country or indeed any symbol providing it would not course offence on a large scale or be a rallying point for hatred ie the swatstika

You cannot say that you think people should be free to fly their own flag yet exclude a swastika. How would that be okay? If that is their belief than so be it, they should be allowed to fly their flag without any repercussions. On topic now, this is disgusting that they are making them take down the American flag. This is our countries flag, if people choose to display it than so be it, let if fly high. If you don't like it there are countries to the north and south that are more than happy to welcome you as a citizen.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
SO it appears I was right, the flag was not properly displayed. Thanks for all the insults and twisting of my words. Put the flag on your underwear and wait for rednecks to beat you up.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

This sort of thing has been going on in Britain for years now. I was wondering how long it would take for the same sort of thing to start happening in the US.

All because it might "offend" somebody.
It's ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I heard the report on the local news last night also. This is what we're up against, the brainwashed sheeple who don't like this country. Look at how they and their kind have ruined iit all ready.

It's a disgrace that they pander to the few and not the majority anymore. Those residents there really have some"winners" "leading" them.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
So i guess they most likely don't want to upset the people who don't like seeing the Nations flag displayed anywhere. I don't know about anyone else but I am sick and tired of the minority of this country speaking for the rest of US!

I am not one to display my patriotism but for crying out loud this has gotten ridiculous at this point. How many ways can we display our stupidity and immaturity to the rest of the world and our own children. Well since our flag is offending some others in this country not naming any certain group: I would like to state I am offended by the damn anarchy symbol! Yea that's right that goofy little symbol with the circle and the letter "A" in the center of it...that's right that offends me. Maybe I should go down to the local court house and try and put forth an initiative to have that damn thing banned from peoples tee shirts and bumper stickers. Ticks me off...ahhh SPIT!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Of course they are. What are these people thinking? Oh yes they are thinking how fast can they dismantle the land of freedom and make it a shell of it's former being so they can usher in the NWO which eliminates national identity and sovereignty. The haters of America gonna keep hatin to use the catchy little phrase I've seen around here.

Since 08 those who hate America the most have been out in full force trying to remove every vestige of what America is all about. It is nothing short of diabolical.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I wonder what kind of Moron said the flags were being displayed wrong. If you are an American , by damn display your flag any way you want too. You want wear your flag ? Go ahead. You want to paint it as your tail gate or roof? Go ahead. You want to stick one in your vehicle window? Go ahead. You want to wear it as a cape? Go ahead.

I dont know who this moron is , but if an American wants to show pride in their nation , by damn go ahead. Even if you look stupid.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Mines this big......

....I swear.......

edit on 17/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

This is why we are going to war with Russia.

2nd.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Your post was hilarious to read and look at your avatars facial expression at the same time..
funny.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I'm not sure why anyone would be in America if they were anti-american to the point of disliking the flag?

Wouldn't it be easier to blindfold these weirdos, or just pull their towel down over their head and tell them to stfu?

Siberia is always a good bet. I hear it's nice there.......well I'm sure it's nice at some point of the year!

I have a better idea! Why don't we rap an American flag around their head, and light it on fire! We'll appease their anti-american sentiment and give them something to complain about all at the same time.

I'm amazed that thse monkeys are allowed to stay. I've been told to get out of the country by right wingers for not agreeing with them on pollitics. How do these guys stack up?

edit on 17-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Have a Fire? Call Castro. Maybe he can help!

What? Put out fires with the Cuban flag?

Putting out fires has little to do with being American. You want to fly a bit of colored cloth that proves your loyalty to an ideal? Fine.

I don't care about that any more than I care what kind of meat you barbecue or beer you drink. You have every right to do that in your yard.

My idea of America says that you have to respect my right to not worship a bit of colored cloth.

Who originally invented the idea of a flag anyway?

No, it has nothing to do with being American. The point was sarcasm.

But why are you trying to mix Patriotism with Religion?

They are two completely different things.

I certainly do NOT worship the flag. I RESPECT the flag and what it stands for.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by phantomjack
I am not sure how much I can take.

A Seminole County Fire station has been ordered by city government to remove the American Flag from their trucks.

I'm not sure which I find more obnoxious, to be honest. The Marxist political correctness brigade, who insist on having the flags removed on the one hand; or the brainwashed, militant, patriarchic fascists who ascribe infinitely more importance to a piece of cloth (which generally speaking, isn't even manufactured domestically) than what it deserves.

The government needs to get over itself, but so do you.

As I have and many others, it is NOT about the cloth. It is about what the flag represents.

Are you calling me a Fascist?

LOL

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yetichi
it really is disturbing how stories like this and many others are posted based on a sensationalized headline and then when it comes to light that the story is not what it seems people simply don't care and continue to rant and rave about the original misinformation given. this has happened countless times on here and it seems that it will never stop because people feel the need to blow off steam toward whatever the story is highlighting. i guess it shows just how far humans still have to go.

Fact is, the nature of the "violation" with the flag was not brought to light until an hour AFTER my original OP. For two days, the story festered in the news, but nobody from Seminole County stepped forward to say, "hey, this is about "placement" and "code" until we started talking about it, on this forum and MANY Others.

Many people have written the Chief. How do I know? Because I got a reply email from him "thanking" me for bringing this matter to light.

The fact of the matter is, we are having an intellectual conversation about the flag. Regardless at this point of what lead to the original OP.

So now, you are going to be the "Discussion Police" on ATS and tell us what we can and can not talk to. Or, are you just trying to be heard?

Its a discussion, bro. Either discuss, or move on.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by Britguy

Tradition. We are still a country with national pride. We fly a flag once illegal. A flag that is our only identity across a multi colored, multi cultural nation. We need our flag since our genetics are different, our political ideologies are not entirely aligned, and our cultural background is diverse. A unifying symbol is important.

Plus out of respect for everyone that died for it.

Don't be trendy. Love your F-ing country and YOUR people. It is not "cool" to be a dick about that. It is our home. Be proud of what it was.

LOL.
damn political hipsters.
Oh thats sooo progresive......wait let me smell my fart......ahhhh smuggg

edit on 17-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

You know, I wonder how many people here on ATS remember having to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in school. I wonder how many are even old enough to know that used to happen, every day, without fail?

Or better, I wonder how many Americans in this thread actually can recite the pledge or understand what it was meant for?

The problem is that as we pass generation to generation, those patriotic sentiments get lost and confusing, until a time they are just completely forgotten.

It is sad.

And you can also correlate that the demoralization of American goes one on one in decline with Patriotism.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

This is crazy, the US is the US and citizens have a right to fly the flag, government services should fly the flag. Anti-americans don't like it? Tuff! They shouldn't be in the US because using this kind of tactic is subversive and I would even say potentially seditious, it flies in the face of both reason and the constitution.

I am not an american and yet I grieve for the people, not the government, for the coming collapse which will be caused and perpetrated by the traitors within.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Originally posted by Common Good

To the anti- americans that are in America.

LEAVE.

I would have told them to kiss my arse if I was the Chief.

"Come try and take it down yourself".

"SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT"

Why should anyone cares what people with anti american beliefs in America think?

This sounds like some Liberal BS

edit on 16-7-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

Where are they going to leave to?

Any other country they might go to is at risk of being invaded by America and her Imperialist war mongering armies.
For every action there is a reaction.

So if you are going to kill and destroy MILLIONS of innocent civilians then don't expect people to love you, moron!!

Thanks- you can go to bed now kid- I think its past your bedtime.

Dont want to get you grounded.

- I dont even need to point how moronic you look by posting this. You did a fine job of that yourself- MORON.

*Sigh*
Another American blinded by patriotism for the "land of the free".

Do you even know how many people (innocent) have been killed by America in the past century? And yet your answer to me is "Go to bed kid your acting childish". WOW what a hypocrite.

I actually care for human life unlike you, and all you can come back with is a childish remark.

How sad,

CK

No, please quote the numbers...then cite where your numbers come from.

Since America has been fighting communism for what, 100 years now, and communism is directly responsible for the deaths of what, 100 Million, do you REALLY think that America has killed more than Communism has?

I wonder what would happen to the rest of the world if America took its toys and went home? How much money does America give Australia? What would you do without AMERICAN companies like Microsoft?

You can sit back and preach from your keyboard, just as I can. The difference is, I KNOW what America has brought to the table, and I know that WAR IS HELL. But if it were not for America, and its "thug" army, you, my Australian friend, would be speaking GERMAN right now if it were not for the might of the USA.

Take it or leave it.

You folks who are anti-american, and believe this crap about our war machine do not realize just how different the world would be today if it were not for the USA. Sorry, fact -- The USA is the world leader for a reason, and in this case, the end justifies the means.

Innocent people die in war. And Governments like Iraq cover up and embellish the number of dead to gain sympathy from the world. We did not kill 1 Million in Iraq, as much as you would like to believe.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
lol somehow, i "guessed" the actual story on my post.. 2nd post on page 1

This post was directed to create "our land, leave it if you don't like it" bs and to make "non Americans" or " the people that took our job"..as some of you like to call it debate.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Yup- Cause Americans are the only ones who kill people right?

You are as ignorant as they come.

I am not going to waste my time with you- you dont want to debate- you just want to talk #.

Sorry- find someone else for that.

Did I say that Americans were the only country to commit atrocities? No, your just putting words in my mouth.

BUT America has committed some of the most abhorrent atrocities in the last century, most notably the atomic attacks on Japan which killed over 200,000 civilians.

Yet you call me ignorant?

Yes, and if you were a history scholar, which you are obviously not, those 200K people died to save MILLIONS more that WOULD have died if America didn't step in and do the necessary.

MILLIONS SAVED for 200K. An unfortunate but necessary sacrifice.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acessallareas

@phantom jack
i do not believe the poster said the flag was silly just the idea of having it on every vehicle.

ALSO..

IMO A person should be free to display the flag of any country or indeed any symbol providing it would not course offence on a large scale or be a rallying point for hatred ie the swatstika

Maybe America has become such a diverse country it's time for a flag update.... And before anyone takes offence to this it has been done in the past more than once including the addition of the 2 stars quite recently. Change can be a good thing.

Speaking as a Uk citizen i wonder if any of my brothers or sisters across the ocean could tell me if people still fly the confederate flag in the US even though it has negative connotations???

Just seen the post above. That's a nice end to this one. Hoped it would be something like that. Wouldnt mind having my question answered if anyone gets the chane though still

edit on 17-7-2012 by Acessallareas because: just read post above

Yes, it is legal to fly the Confederate flag, even at State and Federal locations. There is huge debate over it, but it is still very legal.

Its sad that the confederate flag has been linked to Slavery. I believe that zealous positions over the years helped to define that stigma. When in fact, the flag was simply the flag of the confederate army. Period.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join