It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighters Ordered to Remove American Flags From Their Trucks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Why do American fire trucks have to fly the American flag? Is it so that people don't mistake them for a fire crew from Botswana or Switzerland?

Seriously, why is there a need to "fly the flag" anywhere and everywhere? What does it signify? Does it mean the fire crews have patriotically saved a kitten from a tree or put out a fire for their country? I find it all a little baffling, this blind following of a piece of fabric. I don't think I have ever flown or worn a symbol of the UK national flag, I see no need to do so outside of international sporting events or for military identification etc.

I prefer to have pride in myself and the way I act towards others, rather than fly a government mandated rag that DOES NOT represent me or my values.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Tradition. We are still a country with national pride. We fly a flag once illegal. A flag that is our only identity across a multi colored, multi cultural nation. We need our flag since our genetics are different, our political ideologies are not entirely aligned, and our cultural background is diverse. A unifying symbol is important.

Plus out of respect for everyone that died for it.

Don't be trendy. Love your F-ing country and YOUR people. It is not "cool" to be a dick about that. It is our home. Be proud of what it was.

LOL.
damn political hipsters.
Oh thats sooo progresive......wait let me smell my fart......ahhhh smuggg

edit on 17-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I think the MSM and politicians just keep up the sense less nationalism so they can use the flag as a tool to control the ignorant masses.
And judging by the responses in this thread who didn't even read the article. I would say there doing a good job
edit on 17-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Common Good

Deny Ignorance, pal.

Your classification of those who don't like to be blinded by excess patriotism as "anti-americans" is a load of rubbish.

shoo fly. Stop trying to get in my ointment.

I didnt know flying a flag on a fire truck was "excess patriotism".

You are stretching to find a logical arguement, and you always come up short.
Its ok though- like I said the other day- your ignorance runs deep.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by Britguy

Tradition. We are still a country with national pride. We fly a flag once illegal. A flag that is our only identity across a multi colored, multi cultural nation. We need our flag since our genetics are different, our political ideologies are not entirely aligned, and our cultural background is diverse. A unifying symbol is important.

Mmmmm... national pride? Proud of what exactly? My Country... right or wrong?

Plus out of respect for everyone that died for it.

Anyone who would gladly die for a rag is delusional, but proof that the programming works.

Don't be trendy. Love your F-ing country and YOUR people. It is not "cool" to be a dick about that. It is our home. Be proud of what it was.

I'm hardly the trendy sort. I simply don't have the herd mentality that is instilled in people from an early age.... I guess the programming got screwed up in my case.

I love my country, as a land of natural beauty, not as some great and righteous force in the world, which it isn't. I also find it hard to love the people who I see blindly following the rag without thought of what it is being used to represent at any particular time, and the people they are empowering by doing so.

LOL.
damn political hipsters.
Oh thats sooo progresive......wait let me smell my fart......ahhhh smuggg

I'd hardly call my political outlook left leaning, which is what I think you are implying by the above comments. I simply don't let myself be swayed by the faux patriotism and nationalist banter of the ruling class, who use these things as a tool to keep us all fighting while they sit raking in the profits, and laughing at how the expendable little people fall for it every time.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Well I am neither left or right. I love my people not their governments use of national pride which is natural. I don't criticize them for what they can't change. Oh and you have bought into programming . You prefer internationalism over your own peoples identity. You are part of the people they have divided. You consider us retarded for preserving OUR values. That is dumb. What will you replace them with, new age BS they have fed you?

edit on 17-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
To the anti- americans that are in America.

LEAVE.

I would have told them to kiss my arse if I was the Chief.

"Come try and take it down yourself".

"SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT"

Why should anyone cares what people with anti american beliefs in America think?

This sounds like some Liberal BS

edit on 16-7-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

Where are they going to leave to?

Any other country they might go to is at risk of being invaded by America and her Imperialist war mongering armies.
For every action there is a reaction.

So if you are going to kill and destroy MILLIONS of innocent civilians then don't expect people to love you, moron!!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

While I agree with you, however America is not a country it is a terrorist war machine that feeds off human life. Thats nothing to be proud of.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

LEAVE.

"SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT"

Why should anyone cares what people with anti american beliefs in America think?

Any other country they might go to is at risk of being invaded by America and her Imperialist war mongering armies.

So if you are going to kill and destroy MILLIONS of innocent civilians then don't expect people to love you, moron!!

Thanks- you can go to bed now kid- I think its past your bedtime.

Dont want to get you grounded.

- I dont even need to point how moronic you look by posting this. You did a fine job of that yourself- MORON.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

LEAVE.

"SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT"

Thanks- you can go to bed now kid- I think its past your bedtime.

Dont want to get you grounded.

- I dont even need to point how moronic you look by posting this. You did a fine job of that yourself- MORON.

*Sigh*
Another American blinded by patriotism for the "land of the free".

Do you even know how many people (innocent) have been killed by America in the past century? And yet your answer to me is "Go to bed kid your acting childish". WOW what a hypocrite.

I actually care for human life unlike you, and all you can come back with is a childish remark.

How sad,

CK

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Yup- Cause Americans are the only ones who kill people right?

You are as ignorant as they come.

I am not going to waste my time with you- you dont want to debate- you just want to talk #.

Sorry- find someone else for that.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Yup- Cause Americans are the only ones who kill people right?

You are as ignorant as they come.

I am not going to waste my time with you- you dont want to debate- you just want to talk #.

Sorry- find someone else for that.

Did I say that Americans were the only country to commit atrocities? No, your just putting words in my mouth.

BUT America has committed some of the most abhorrent atrocities in the last century, most notably the atomic attacks on Japan which killed over 200,000 civilians.

Yet you call me ignorant?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Yes- I am calling you ignorant.

You obviously dont know how to talk to people without talking at them.

Learn some manners. If I was standing in front of you- I can almost guarantee you that you wouldnt have
called me a moron to my face. Especially for the fact that I dont even know who you are, we have never
talked before- but the first time you post to me- its disrespectful.

Reply back if you want- I wont answer you.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Dont delude yourself.

We dont fight or die for a flag. We do it for what it stands for. The people under that flag.

Cmon... Really? I have to tell you this?

I mean really.. Who would die for a flag itself? You really think we americans are all that damn stupid? ....remember... you're the one thinking we fight, kill and die for a flag...

When we say that we fight for the flag, it's a metaphore. If that confuses you...

just wow. you guys crack me up. PLEASE stay away from political office. We have enough of "these types" in already.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

This baffles me in some ways.
Sure, there can be bad situations to flaunt the flag, but to me the American flag in America represents people of all nations coming together in one country.
is that not what the American flag is really about?

Especially when it comes to firefighters whom daily risk their lives to help absolutely anyone no matter of skin colour, religion or original nationality.
edit on 17-7-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Yes- I am calling you ignorant.

Coming from the person who was just calling me childish for sticking up for human rights.

Learn some manners. If I was standing in front of you- I can almost guarantee you that you wouldnt have
called me a moron to my face. Especially for the fact that I dont even know who you are, we have never
talked before- but the first time you post to me- its disrespectful.

Reply back if you want- I wont answer you.

It has nothing to do with manners and you know it, that is just your scapegoat. Whether you want to hear this or not I don't really care, but America is dead it is not a country anymore and by far definately not a free one.
If you think those invasions in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc are humanitarian then my god what chemicals did you ingest.
And remember what country is pushing for war with Iran? Your country is a warmonger tyrant, and Americans like you who refuse to see this are the reason why so many people hate America.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by phantomjack

This baffles me in some ways.
Sure, there can be bad situations to flaunt the flag, but to me the American flag in America represents people of all nations coming together in one country.
is that not what the American flag is really about?editby]edit on 17-7-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

If thats true then the American flag is certainly not unique, aren't all Western countries flags have the same premise?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by article
reply to post by Britguy

Dont delude yourself.

We dont fight or die for a flag. We do it for what it stands for. The people under that flag.

Cmon... Really? I have to tell you this?

I mean really.. Who would die for a flag itself? You really think we americans are all that damn stupid? ....remember... you're the one thinking we fight, kill and die for a flag...

When we say that we fight for the flag, it's a metaphore. If that confuses you...

just wow. you guys crack me up. PLEASE stay away from political office. We have enough of "these types" in already.

Oh, c'mon now! So the flag is a metaphore? for what?
So you are flying the flag proudly and killing people all over the world, under that flag, and everyone has to bow down? Is that it?

The flag represents the state, those doing the bidding of the state under that flag are hardly espousing the values that the USA was founded upon. Those lining the streets waving their (mostly foreign made) little flags are also, by extension supporting the state, which the flag represents. Right or wrong, follow the flag!

The same brainwashing is used by the state as a kind of blackmail in getting people to "support the troops". After all, nobody wants to seem unpatriotivc and not support the troops... right? Of course, what is really in play is the supposed tacit approval of the people to support the troops, and by extension the government, in whatever adventure they send the troops out for.... right or wrong again!

Like I said earlier, I don't follow any of this nationalistic patriotic claptrap that is spoon fed to us by the elites, it's nothing more than a control measure. That DOES NOT mean I don't care about my country or the people who inhabit it or, for that matter, the people the other side of the world our government wants to go to war with for simply refusing to bow down to them and the bankers. I'd like to take my own national flag and shove it up Tony Blair's rear end.... that would be a real show of patriotism, and certainly better than sending people off to kill or be killed for corporate gain and power, which it seems is what patriotism has come to represent these days.

The patriot is the one who refuses to be used as a tool and sticks to their own ethics and morals, and doesn't follow the herd. Hell, I'm probably more patriotiuc than anyone sitting in parliament right now.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I despise the British for what they have done to my country, but for once I agree with you,have a star.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

If thats true then the American flag is certainly not unique, aren't all Western countries flags have the same premise?

I do consider the American flag a bit more representable for all people in the country. Since it does not have any religious symbols on it, which allot of other flags have.

As Britguy says, the flag does not represent the government, military or people in charge (at least it should not), it represents the people in the country. All the workers, families, homeless and all people whom have loving ideals and whom care for other people.

When someone becomes an American citizen they should claim the flag as a symbol of people coming together.
As a symbol of understanding and love.
But the flag has been hijacked by warmongers.
Reclaim the flag as a symbol of tolerance.

Usually firefighters are pretty tolerant dudes

edit on 17-7-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join