It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eureka's Final Episode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The final episode airs tonight. I'm using this as a place holder.

I've been a fan of Eureka since the pilot episode aired, and I'm sad to see it go. I've enjoyed the spirit of the show, in which all of these people developed a bond of friendship in which they'd all do anything for each other.

I've always enjoyed its sense of humor. One of my favorite scenes is one in which Jack gets all excited over a bank robbery. He finds out the entire bank is gone.

In short this is one of the few shows on Skiffy that I've enjoyed. Others I just watch. I've never really been impressed with Warehouse 13 and Alphas and I just will not watch Lost Girl. All those shows do is just recycle old stories over and over again.

But I do like Eureka, and will be sad to see it go.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I watched a pre-air of it last week.

You won't be disappointed

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Definitely a series I watched since the beginning. I will be sad to see it go but ever since the alternate universe change I've been a little sketchy towards the series.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I will also miss it. I am actually astounded to hear it is ending. I thought it was just a finale. How in the HELL did one of the most fun shows on TV not keep at it?

I guess these days it is all about reality tv. If I have to see another trucker drive, another logger log or at this point another crab get caught I am gonna fraking scream. I am soooo sick of pseudo reality TV. The only reason I have the damn box is to escape from reality. These days that is all it is.

oh and as for shows like lost girl? I am a man, I don''t watch that crap either.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I love Eureka and am also saddened to see it leaving!!!
I would like to say that Lost Girl.. isn't that bad, and it's pretty steamy! haha
But not everyone's into succubi that recharge by having sex with.. everyone.

Back to Eureka... It really was one of the best shows on, and did not involve crime labs, murderers,
and rapists... Only the good die young!!!! WE'LL MISS YOU-REKA!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm curious as to how you watch a pre-airing... That's my kinda gig!!!
Thanks!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
And here I was thinking that I was the only Eureka fan on ATS.

I love this little show. I've spent the last few months re-watching the series on Netflix. With everything that show has, I'm surprised no one has tried to use it for "Hollywood Disclosure" type treads.

It's been a fun ride and I really do hate to see it end. (and if you don't know, it was Comcast that pulled the plug after their merger with NBC, SyFy's parent company)

As a sidenote.... I saw a tweet from one of the writers. It basically stated that if people don't want other shows like this to end they need to show support for the "scripted shows". Anyone that thinks that "reality tv" is unscripted in living in a fantasy world. Just because the shows do not staff writers, in no way means it's unscripted.

RIP Eureka, you will be missed.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I love Eureka so much, I buy the season DVD sets. I am going to miss the show where the stars actually use their brains for a change.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It was a good episode. I knew the guy who was one of the founders of the town was going to show up.

Also, the guy Jo talked to with the robot was a surprise.

That was Grant Imahara from Mythbusters.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Just like a girl to cry at the end....will miss those guys.

I have to rewatch it though....please someone help me with the last scene??? At first I thought, oh no replicants...then changed my mind...just a shared memory?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Never heard of it.
That is until I signed up for netflix.
It's clever, fun, doesn't take itself TOO seriously. Sheriff Carter really cracks me up. His reactions are worth the price of admission. And I want his house.
Ive almost used up the episodes on Netflix...We're saving a few for this coming weekend...Then we'll start over, preparing for the last season to be added to streaming.
It's really too bad, such a great cast.in this wacky Sci-Fi Soap opera.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Watch the first episode again. In the beginning of the pilot, Jack and Zoe go past a car with high beams on and as they pass, they see themselves. Then Jack is dazzled, doesn't see Lo-Jack (the dog) and crashes the car. That's how he and Zoe end up in Eureka. I think the ending brought the beginning full circle kind of.

Very good final ep though, really didn't see the Trevor Grant buying Eureka till the last minute though, and the whole Alison being pregnant thing was just a great send-off really.

So thats now Eureka and Sanctuary down now. Wonder what Siffy's gonna can next?

edit on 17-7-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Ok, thank you...I remembered they were in the police car, but not them seeing themselves!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Dude my boyfriend was so bummed when the lat episode of Eureka aired. He loved the characters and the story line so much... Kinda upset tat I only started watching it this past season.

new topics

top topics

join