It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TechUnique 1 - Coca cola 0

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Good job
Star & flag for doing this. More people need to know.

I've never understood how people can actually enjoy the taste of anything that contains aspartame. It tastes horrible.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by GmoS719
Diet coke causes cancer, Coke causes diabetes.
You can't win.

You really can't, water has fluoride, what the hell are we supposed to drink now-a-days?!

My water doesn't have flouride, it is well water. You can also buy distilled water in any grocery store for about $1 a gallon. 100% fruit juice, especially organic fruit juice is very good. I bought some organic carrot juice the other day that was great! I also bought some organic tomato juice, and it wasn't too good, I prefer V8. The 100% apple juices are very good though. If you have an activated charcoal filter, and you boil water to make tea or coffee, then you have destroyed the majority of the Flouride and Chlorine before you drink it. I sweeten my tea and coffee with local Tupelo Honey instead of sugar.

There are still choices. My rule of thumb is this. "If it is overly convenient, I probably don't need it." Anything that is shoved in our face all the time, is probably bad for us. If it takes a little effort, then it is probably better for you.

Thanks for posting, I'm going to have to refer back to your post in the future when I have more money.

Starred.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Fluoride naturally occurs in groundwater, so don't be so sure. The benefits of fluoride were accidentally discovered due to fluoride being present in water, it's very well documented.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk

Fluoride naturally occurs in groundwater, so don't be so sure. The benefits of fluoride were accidentally discovered due to fluoride being present in water, it's very well documented.

True.

But I'm a lot more comfortable with my well water than the surrounding city's water. It tastes a LOT better, and as far as I know this area doesn't have a lot of naturally occuring Flouride. Maybe Phosphorous, but not Flouride.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i can't drink diet drinks even if i could stand the taste, the aspertaine gives me a wicked headache. Its almost like a migraine combined with a hangover. It happens about 10 mins after i take the first sip.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Is there anything that doesn't cause Cancer?

Living kills, ya know?

Probably about everything can be good, if used in the right quantities or ways. Probably just as much is lethal when used in the wrong quantities or ways.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

100% fruit juice, especially organic fruit juice is very good. I bought some organic carrot juice the other day that was great! I also bought some organic tomato juice, and it wasn't too good, I prefer V8.

Organic?
As opposed to? Mineral fruit juice?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Nice job of informing him. It surprises me though that he listened and cared enough to ask more questions and actually change what he was buying. Surprises me in a good way.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince

100% fruit juice, especially organic fruit juice is very good. I bought some organic carrot juice the other day that was great! I also bought some organic tomato juice, and it wasn't too good, I prefer V8.

Organic?
As opposed to? Mineral fruit juice?

Hey, these days who knows. In the cheap generics there is probably more melamine than fruit. My wife has to eat 'gluten free' and she finds wheat and gluten in things you would never expect. Like Taco Bell beef, or chicken stock, or every Campbell's Soup on the market. Campbells Beef and Vegetable Soup, and Tomato Soup both contain wheat?

Anyhow, I buy the organic 100% juice without any added sweeteners, and even then, if you read the labels, they are often sweetened with apple juice concentrate. They can still be 100% juice with no artificial sweeteners even if they use white grape juice or apple juice as an additive.

Labelling of foods is a disgrace! If you don't know what to look for, you'll never know what you are getting, and even then its a crapshoot.

I'm thinking of buying a juicer.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Yeah well, I suppose it is certainly partly true. However if you don't mind, may I ask where you live on earth? Because, I must say, I don't feel like being overly invaded by chemicals and other unnatural stuff in most things I can buy here, in Belgium.

When, for instance, on a fruit juice bottle it says "100% grape juice" (or any other fruit will do), then it is actually 100%, with no additives whatsoever. We still have, as far as I can say, in most western and southern Europe, a very good overall quality in foods and drinks. I must concede however that it is generally going down, and that's a real pity. When I would buy apples in the store, it doesn't smell apple in the car or in the kitchen afterwards. Trust me on the other hand, that if (when it's seasonal) I grab a few apples directly from the tree in my garden or those that just fell on the grass, they do smell like an apple! And they taste like it too!

Besides, it is far less in our habits to eat processed foods or ready-made meals. We're not very big users of this all industrial fast- and junk-food, although I reckon it is gaining terrain on the "good old grandma's thingie". Very sad actually. I suppose the culture of the "I want it all and I want it right now" is starting to happen.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Hopefully Belgium still has better quality than the US. Here in the US we are almost forced to shop at Walmart or big chain grocery stores, and those stores get the majority of their good from giant manufacturers, and often times China.

The labelling in the US is piss-poor. It might say 100% Grape Juice, when in reality it is 25% Apple Juice concentrate as a sweetener, and it contains Ascorbic Acid or Potassium Sorbate as a preservative and vitamin additive.

Here in the US, they take all of our foods apart chemically, and then put them back together so in the packages. It is pretty disgusting. We just went through the "pink slime" craze, and most people don't realize all of our beef is irradiated before it ever leaves the processing plant. The Mexican produce is often fertilized with Human Waste, and we get Salmonella from Spinach? That used to be a fear from raw chicken, not Spinach?

Our food in the US is pretty disgusting. TASTES GREAT though!! With all the added flavors and MSG, it tastes wonderful.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Well I think I had already about the same idea about the average foods over there. The US military base with which we work (I am working for NATO) here in Belgium has its own PX store (as all bases have anyway...), and I have noticed that a lot of the things they sell, although they're very cheap, are of a standard that many people in here would not accept. What I was sometimes wondering is, does this rubbish represent the average, the majority of food and drinks in mainland US?

People have argued (yes, we're on a conspiracy website) that foods were treated chemically to contain additives with certain purposes. Well, I'm starting to think about it...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Yes, they certainly do represent the average, and in fact a lot of people probably buy the below average stuff that is even cheaper.

To get the kind of stuff you are probably used to in Belgium, you would have to go to a specialty grocer here. You can't get it at the big corporate stores. Sometimes they will have an aisle dedicated to better foods. At Publix, they call it their "Greenwise" aisle, but what you are seeing at the PX is about the average, maybe even a little better than the average that we see on our shelves here in the states.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Bit sad he? Well I mean, it seems to me that food has fallen to the ever speeding ways society works today. It has to be convenient, easy, cheap and fast. People seem to have forgotten about what it is to prepare a meal, and to eat properly.

Now, about the taste thing... I'm not exactly saying that it tastes crappy. I don't like it. Maybe because I'm not used to that general sweet taste that's given to everything, but I'm not fan.

There are many examples of that. There is sugar added to everything... everything has to be sweet... Ketchup has loads of sugar in it. Well Ketchup is supposed to be tomato, that's it. Nothing else, and surely not sugar. I tasted the Heinz mostard. It is an insult to mostard: it has sugar added in it!!! How on earth?? Same with the salad dressing... Sweet!

I believe that people have been made too sweet addicted, with the results that we all know: obesity. Not only we do less physical activity than in the past, which is no secret, but now if people are forced by facts to absorb unnecessary sugar and calories... it worsens it!

Anyway, things are not that ideal in here, don't go and believe this, and things are certainly not that bad over there either, there is always a middle, but I think it is time that people start to get their attention on what they eat and drink. It is not expensive, it is not difficult, and it is not really time consuming to take the time to prepare something that's really good for a meal. Instead of grabbing a plastic plate, stuff it in the microwave and then trow it away.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join