TechUnique 1 - Coca cola 0

page: 1
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Was at the checkout in my local supermarket today and being nosy I noticed that the guy behind me had like 24 cans of diet coke. Usually I would just leave it but the guy had a lovely looking young family so I briefly informed him of the lovely cancer causing sweetener agent aspartame.. he was grateful and after changing to normal coke and talking to me some more he asked me if his artificial sweeteners were dangerous I said yeah, almost definitely.

Score 1 to me. I almost cracked and started a rant about the fluoridation of drinking water.. but I managed to contain myself and possibly my credibility :p




posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Great job informing someone. But I think the real score is TechUnique 0 - Coke 1. They still made a sale and he still took the HFCS. Also shame on that guy for just taking the words from some random person as total truth, that only shows me that the ultimate score is TechUnique 0 - Coke 1 World Conditioning 1. Because he will then hear someone say how all those cancer causing things you talked about are safe and that people are just trying to scare you. He will then go back to buying his Diet drink.

You can give a man a fish and he can eat for a day or you can teach him to fish and feed him for a life time. The best thing to do is point someone in the right direction and let them get the answers so they are informed themselves.

But again good job at trying to help a sheep.



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Score 1 to me. I almost cracked and started a rant about the fluoridation of drinking water.. but I managed to contain myself and possibly my credibility :p


Knowing when to stop is an art in and of itself. Btw, aspartame is unhealthy??
edit on 16-7-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Is there anything that doesn't cause Cancer?



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Diet coke causes cancer, Coke causes diabetes.
You can't win.



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vodo34861
Great job informing someone. But I think the real score is TechUnique 0 - Coke 1. They still made a sale and he still took the HFCS. Also shame on that guy for just taking the words from some random person as total truth, that only shows me that the ultimate score is TechUnique 0 - Coke 1 World Conditioning 1. Because he will then hear someone say how all those cancer causing things you talked about are safe and that people are just trying to scare you. He will then go back to buying his Diet drink.

You can give a man a fish and he can eat for a day or you can teach him to fish and feed him for a life time. The best thing to do is point someone in the right direction and let them get the answers so they are informed themselves.

But again good job at trying to help a sheep.

I recommended that he search it up himself and he was genuinely interested hence him asking about his artificial sweeteners..

I don't know how you got the assumption that he is a 'sheep' whatever your specific and most likely uneducated definition of a sheep is.

It annoys me when people are so quick to negatively generalize on the grounds of nothing.



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hmm. You wanna have a crack at my parents? Or my mother, specifically.

I am often baffled how a person arrives at diet soda as the preferred beverage. The reasoning I usually hear is this: "I got used to the taste and now regular soda tastes too sweet." I get that. But the taste of diet soda makes me wretch. I don't understand how anyone could get used to that chemical aftertaste. It is so wickedly powerful to my senses.

On the matter of sweetness... I never understood why I couldn't have a cola with half the sugar. I admit. I enjoy bubbly beverages. But I don't need all the sugar or coloring. Worst coloring offender by the way, is Gatorade. Why is that necessary? I just want to replenish my electrolytes, man! Shocking blue is not a marketing hook for me. But apparently the focus groups like bright, obnoxious dyes in their drinks. But I digress. My solution to the cola issue is that I mix Coke with plain soda water. I know it doesn't make it any better for me. I also know that I could just drink plain soda water with juice or what have you... I do that as well. Vices.

ETA: If I were wealthy, I'd keep the fridge permanently stocked with orange and lemon Pellegrino. But alas.

edit on 7/16/2012 by HolographicPrincipal because: self pity



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique
 


With almost 2000 posts I find it hard to believe that you have not heard the term sheep or sheeple or something of the like used by someone else on this forum. Hey thank you for calling me uneducated. What I find interesting is that the last sentence really applies you calling me uneducated but hey whatever.

I think the definition that Wiki gives is most accurate to how I use the term and how I used it in this thread.




Sheeple (a portmanteau of "sheep" and "people") is a term of disparagement in which people are likened to sheep, a herd animal. The term is used to describe those who voluntarily acquiesce to a suggestion without critical analysis or research. By doing so, they undermine their own individuality and may willingly give up their rights.

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861
 


Obviously I know what the common terminology is I was referring to the mass generalization without any real knowledge of what the person is really like. Hence the uneducated part.



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719
 





Diet coke causes cancer, Coke causes diabetes. You can't win.


and they medicate or water for our own "good" as well, so we are screwed on all fronts.



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by GmoS719
 





Diet coke causes cancer, Coke causes diabetes. You can't win.


and they medicate or water for our own "good" as well, so we are screwed on all fronts.


Well, I still think that water is your best bet.
Compared to everything else anyway.



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HolographicPrincipal
 


I used to drink probably the equivalent of 4 liters of diet coke a week or more.

When I finally quit, it was a revelation.

I don't touch that crap anymore. The only reason why I drank it is because my mom told me that I was drinking too much regular soda and suggested diet. Mind you, this was the late 80s-early 90s.
edit on 16-7-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique
 


Nice one!


SnF from me.

My kids are aged 5 and 4, and they BEG for Pepsi Next and Coke Zero, and it is all because of the marketing. Of course, I never let them get any diet drinks, and I usually switch them over to a healthier drink like Apple Juice, or sometimes a Root Beer or Creme Soda, but it drives me nutz that the marketing is so damn effective. They see it on TV, they have no idea what the difference is, but they are drawn to the cool commercials and cool labels.

The only upside is that when they can't have diet, they don't beg for the regular, they are easily swayed to a healthier juice.



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I just had the aspartame convo w/ someone who drinks diet coke like its water.....she was shocked and literally GASPED! and now wants to switch what she is drinking. i freaked her out a bit and then sent her some links to read lol

however, she smokes cigarettes which have way more poisons in them.....
but she wont quit those for ANYTHING!

face it...we just need to live in a stainless steel room....anything and everything could kill ya....even your crazy neighbor could!
edit on July 16th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Way to go Tech
You've seemingly successfully educated one person ignorant to the c**p they consume.

Hopefully that guy WILL go and do some research and who knows where that will lead.... With a bit of luck it will mean some serious lifestyle changes for that family and then he will tell other families and so on...

What's the point of knowing this stuff if we don't pass on the information to others..... Isn't that what ATS is all about?

So yeah, well done.



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo
 



however, she smokes cigarettes which have way more poisons in them..... but she wont quit those for ANYTHING!


Those "roll your own" cigarette shops are more organic, half the price, and kind of fun. Perhaps you could transition your friend over to those and then wein her off completely. The people that I know that started using those little shops for the cost-savings said the cigarettes have better flavor, and are more satisfying, without all the arsenic and chemicals, and they end up paying less per pack, and also smoking less cigarettes! It is a win-win-win. Plus, it takes tax money away from the government.



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Score 1 to me. I almost cracked and started a rant about the fluoridation of drinking water.. but I managed to contain myself and possibly my credibility :p

The evidence is against your opinion on both of these issues. Aspartame is one of the most widely tested, widely used, safest artificial sweetener. It has been available since 1981, harmful effects of products containing aspartame would observable during that time frame.



posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Was at the checkout in my local supermarket today and being nosy I noticed that the guy behind me had like 24 cans of diet coke. Usually I would just leave it but the guy had a lovely looking young family so I briefly informed him of the lovely cancer causing sweetener agent aspartame.. he was grateful and after changing to normal coke and talking to me some more he asked me if his artificial sweeteners were dangerous I said yeah, almost definitely.

Score 1 to me. I almost cracked and started a rant about the fluoridation of drinking water.. but I managed to contain myself and possibly my credibility :p
Personally I love Coke Zero!
I love it you know who you are & what your doing, free will! all in the end.
Is it Real anyways? of course not. Today I did the unimaginable & did something completely opposite of what the warning label stated & found out the TRUTH!
The world is just a fun place with all the labels & caution tape!



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
Diet coke causes cancer, Coke causes diabetes.
You can't win.


You really can't, water has fluoride, what the hell are we supposed to drink now-a-days?!



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by GmoS719
Diet coke causes cancer, Coke causes diabetes.
You can't win.


You really can't, water has fluoride, what the hell are we supposed to drink now-a-days?!


My water doesn't have flouride, it is well water. You can also buy distilled water in any grocery store for about $1 a gallon. 100% fruit juice, especially organic fruit juice is very good. I bought some organic carrot juice the other day that was great! I also bought some organic tomato juice, and it wasn't too good, I prefer V8. The 100% apple juices are very good though. If you have an activated charcoal filter, and you boil water to make tea or coffee, then you have destroyed the majority of the Flouride and Chlorine before you drink it. I sweeten my tea and coffee with local Tupelo Honey instead of sugar.

There are still choices. My rule of thumb is this. "If it is overly convenient, I probably don't need it." Anything that is shoved in our face all the time, is probably bad for us. If it takes a little effort, then it is probably better for you.





new topics
top topics
 
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join