It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s a shame about ATS... we can hardly recognize you.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DTats

Wait...95%?
So, maybe there are 100 posts on this thread by now. OP is claiming to be 'real' with a genuine discontent for the state of ATS (all though by YOUR standards starting a thread to discredit ATS is somewhat suspicious), you are claiming to be 'real' and honest, and I am claiming to be a 'real' non-disinformational poster...that only leaves two more 'real' people on this thread!

On a side note though, I'm intrigued about what your threads contained and I'm sorry they are getting closed down. I'd like to say that there must be a reasonable explanation, but who knows?
edit on 18-7-2012 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Are there any interesting pre-9-11 threads on here you could point me toward? I'm not too much into the 9-11 hype but I AM interested in the notion that people were getting agitated with what they were witnessing around them before such a catastrophe ensued.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Brown Bear

Are you saying that you're done? That you won't help us? Did we do something wrong that we don't deserve the insights of our elders? I was going to read all the posts before responding to you, but I guess I'm doing it now instead.
Your post was very well written, and I would love to learn from all the 'old timers' here. When I found this site only a few months ago every day was a jaw-dropping experience. I've had my eyes opened to countless ideas and I am very grateful. I can only hope to one day be more of a teacher than a student.
Maybe what you are really confronting is a change of personal role in all of this. Most of us are here because we love learning--I'd assume the same goes for you, but ask yourself if maybe you have evolved beyond this site?
If you don't feel like entering the 'teach-role' and would prefer to stay a student then maybe it is just time to move on. I've come across several ideas, websites or books that were the end-all-be-all of my, then, current existence. In each of those instances though one day I realized I had moved beyond what anyone there had to give, and so I moved on.
I hope you won't though. Like I said, I'd love to delve into the wisdom of others.

Also, concerning 'crappy' threads--more often than not, I find the best insights in the COMMENTS of a thread than in the thread itself.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I was a lurker for a very long time and then finally made an account. I really do not like social networks and this is as close as i will get.

There used to quite a few interesting topics in almost every forum when I first started to lurk. Then we began to have an influx of world ending catastrophe prediction threads that used news paper clippings current events, tv shows and any type of skewed numerology found in a movie poster or something to come up with these predictions.... Followed by nibiru theads..and asteroids going to hit the earth threads....

It pretty much went down hill from there but in reality it was expected.

There were only a few good topics to talk about but how many times can you revisit those. JFK, Roswell, Dulce Base, Lunar landing, stargates... how many times can you revisit those since there is nothing new to add. Those who did have quite a good amount of insight and information on these topics have moved on and the ones still talking about these are newbies who just began to discover all this information.

There is nothing left to talk about for now except current events and trying to be the first to call out the trigger for WWIII from the daily news.

It is just not as interesting as it used to for me since I can sort of say been there done that. For new people I think ATS is a great starting point to begin to explore new ideas since there are archives on many different topics.

OP instead of taking the approach of AH ATS IS CRAP NOW. how about you take the role those old timers did when you first started to visit ats. Share the knowledge you have to those newbies starting to cut their teeth on here.

This is what I tell myself but personally the topics have been very boring and the discussion on old topics give nothing new. YOu can pretty much predict what will be said on all sides of the argument then it de evolves into post after post of snide remarks or personal attacks

I miss old ats

edit on 18-7-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
to all you complaining about how bad the site has gotten. How about go somewhere else then and quit your whining.
It wont be any different on any other forum. Like many others have said this site is what you make it. That is all...

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Post more threads? Participate in what has become a March of the Idiots? This madness is the world that you and yours have made. It is not mine and I simply choose not to participate in your crazy, and neither does anyone else that's retained any sense. American's should have learned to say "no" long ago and maybe the last few generations of kids could have been saved from the Fate, and the misery that awaits them. But it's too late now. The thing about the uneducated Masses, and a sign of their "Universal Stupidity," is that people of the lie aren't even smart enough to ask the right questions, nor can they hear the answers.

I'm sorry. I'm going to try very hard to remain respectful. How is this not yours? We children 'made' with what we were GIVEN. If we managed to make crap or make nothing at all it was only because of what we were given. Those Americans who should have said no a long time ago were YOU and yours! You say maybe these kids could have been saved, but who do you suppose it was who would do the saving?
Maybe now it is indeed up to us to save ourselves, but you can't separate you and your generation from any fault in this mess we're all in.
You are so angry I wouldn't be at all surprised if you knew this already.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more with the OP. Sure there is still value here. Every once in awhile you'll find an amazing thread. But those are few and far between. Pretty much all the posters I admired or was friendly with have either left in disgust or been banned for one reason or another. Thus, I for one am kind of paranoid about participating these days. Who knows if I'll inadvertently say or do something to get the ban hammer?

But the worst part is the avalanche of racist and prejudicial threads. The "Blacks Did This" and "Muslims are Taking Over That" threads. Nothing makes me more nauseous and enraged than ignorant bigots. Except perhaps the posters who have to inject their religion into every single thread. If anything drives me away from here it will be that type of thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
I couldn't agree more with the OP. Sure there is still value here. Every once in awhile you'll find an amazing thread. But those are few and far between. Pretty much all the posters I admired or was friendly with have either left in disgust or been banned for one reason or another. Thus, I for one am kind of paranoid about participating these days. Who knows if I'll inadvertently say or do something to get the ban hammer?

But the worst part is the avalanche of racist and prejudicial threads. The "Blacks Did This" and "Muslims are Taking Over That" threads. Nothing makes me more nauseous and enraged than ignorant bigots. Except perhaps the posters who have to inject their religion into every single thread. If anything drives me away from here it will be that type of thing.

That crap doesnt just happen on ats it happens on all forums, hell it even happens in real life offline. so are you just gonna hide in a corner and not try make friends with any of the newer members?

ETA: I have seen older members that have left ats in disgust on othersites with even worse problems then they had here.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Hmm...so are you asking and hoping that we go straight to the questions, look for the answers and ignore most of the outward judging/agreeing/complaining aspects of a typical post? I'm on the 5th page of comments right now and for a few minutes I realized I wasn't sure what you meant between 'social' comments and 'thinkers'.
Now I'm wondering if I've answered my confusion.
You don't CARE about our opinions concerning your ego, your status as an ATS member, your opinions and viewpoints, our perceived oversights of your statements, etc...what you want us to pick up FIRST is the questions that should have been generated in our brain upon reading your post. Anything less will not be 'meaty' enough for you.
Questions you've actually hinted at in subsequent comments: What is it about woman and the children they are raising that will change this society (or ATS) so much? Why do we younger generations expect our elders to care for the state of our existence anymore? Why, when you obviously know ATS is a worldwide community, do you stress the American role in the changes seen on ATS?
Then, once we have these questions, you want us to delve in and actually answer them...any comment less than that is frivolous, sheep-minded, and a waste of your time.

Or am I totally and utterly off-base?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakendhybrid

Are there any interesting pre-9-11 threads on here you could point me toward? I'm not too much into the 9-11 hype but I AM interested in the notion that people were getting agitated with what they were witnessing around them before such a catastrophe ensued.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

These are just a few I can find quickly, I need to get going...but if you look into it, you will be "blown away" at how in our face it was / is, these "monsters" even have playing cards that show thier evil plans.....

www.youtube.com...

This last video is absolutely chilling.....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Thank you

I will diffidently look into them.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I miss the old ATS. Way too many threads are being close for reasons that, to me...appear to be nothing more than adults openly discussing grown-up topics. I used to visit daily. Now its about once a week. What a shame.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

ATS is for all ages, not just grown-ups.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Blah, blah, blah. So unoriginal. If you've been around so long, surely you recognize yourself as one of the every-other-day, woe-is-me, ATS-sucks, everything-sucks, nothing's-as-good-as-it-used-to-be, nor-as-cool-as-it-was-when-little-ol'-me-discovered-it posts.

In the immortal words of Monty Python:

If you trust in your song
Keep your eyes on the goal
Then the prize you won't fail
That's your grail

So be strong
Keep right on
To the end of your song
Do not fail
Find your grail

Life is really up to you
You must choose what to pursue
Set your mind on what to find
And there's nothin' you can't do

So keep right to the end
You'll find your goal my friend
You won't fail
Find your grail

When your life
Seems to drift
When we all need a lift
Tell yourself you won't fail
Find your grail

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

very cool.....

not much more could be added to sum it all up.......

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

your disagreement strengthens my point: there is no reflection, research or well documented sources for most of what is being posted lately.

the BA thread was, essentially, some guy's paranoia about seeing a commercial twice in two hours of watching television and allowing his emotions to override reason. his emotions being fear or hope, possibly a desire for confirmation of his beliefs to bolster his ego or status on ATS. personally, here in canada, there are times when the same advertisement plays every commercial break for hours. should i then quickly look for symbols/signs and post my suspicions to ATS? no. what should happen is this:

1. question whether or not my beliefs, or want to believe, is influencing my reason.
2. reflect.
3. educate myself on symbology or locate sources that may confirm some of my suspicions.
4. question myself again - is this rational or irrational?

in the BA case, it seems irrational. it's wishful thinking.

i don't know a thing about signs/symbols. there are probably a few people on ATS well versed in them, though the majority is not, nor can they be considered amateur scholars of the subject. the op of the BA thread probably knows very little, save for pyramids, triangles, and clocks/time. he knew little, yet, for him, it was enough to convince himself that it was a lot, therefore he was knowledgeable enough to quickly make a thread about an insignificant commercial with his observations and opinions about the sinister message behind it. his thread was successful due to the large volume of people throwing in their knowledge, creating a hodgepodge theory about what the commercial was foretelling.

a few years ago i took a course dealing with semiotics. the professor, before beginning the first course of the term, stated, "semiotics isn't a free-for-all. it is hard work. there's a lot of deconstructing and researching, etc. etc. before you can get anywhere." what i see in the BA post is a free-for-all. but to be honest, there were times when the class seemed to be a free-for-all. what i mean to say is that we can find messages in anything if we look hard enough, or allow ourselves to believe there is something to be found. do you not think that you are seeing these "messages" because you want to? it is very easy with hindsight to say "look at this...and this! when i put them together...it's an obviously vague message from a mysterious group of people! why didn't i see this earlier?!" doesn't that seem a bit ridiculous? at least give a whimsical belief serious thought before jumping to conclusions.

it is almost as if people are so uninterested in the world around them, the universe, because it seems boring, mundane, that they hope/wish for anything out of the ordinary to happen. for some of the people on ATS, they begin to believe there are evil people behind everything.

and i apologize for using the term stupid; it was uncalled for.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakendhybrid

Post more threads? Participate in what has become a March of the Idiots? This madness is the world that you and yours have made. It is not mine and I simply choose not to participate in your crazy, and neither does anyone else that's retained any sense. American's should have learned to say "no" long ago and maybe the last few generations of kids could have been saved from the Fate, and the misery that awaits them. But it's too late now. The thing about the uneducated Masses, and a sign of their "Universal Stupidity," is that people of the lie aren't even smart enough to ask the right questions, nor can they hear the answers.

I'm sorry. I'm going to try very hard to remain respectful. How is this not yours? We children 'made' with what we were GIVEN. If we managed to make crap or make nothing at all it was only because of what we were given. Those Americans who should have said no a long time ago were YOU and yours! You say maybe these kids could have been saved, but who do you suppose it was who would do the saving?
Maybe now it is indeed up to us to save ourselves, but you can't separate you and your generation from any fault in this mess we're all in.
You are so angry I wouldn't be at all surprised if you knew this already.

Yes, you're absolutely correct.

These trends started long ago but are easiest for me to track from personal experiences in the past 40 years. And truthfully, the only place for the youngsters to point the finger is at their Elders. We did it to you and children couldn't protect yourselves from it.

Of course the Zombies will see nothing, and pass it on to their Zombie children; but those can can train themselves to think basically can assume the mantle of a one eyed man in the land of the blind.

The only real alternative the under 40's have is to reprogram and retrain themselves because nobody else can do what needs to be done for you except you.

A conscious choice must be made to not be a Zombie. Garbage in garbage out is what got you where you are.

And some may realize that by defining the problem is the only place to start on a problem that is totally yours. Incidentally, if you expect any help from your jailers: the parents and teachers who dug this hole for you, forget it.

Better start thinking/looking/being different that the social network Lemmings... any Human Being knows where they'ill end so better not to run with them.
The
edit on 19-7-2012 by Brown Bear because: add content

edit on 19-7-2012 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

Now here's a thinker. The difference between her and a Zombie is stark and clearly defined. She thought beyond the shallowness that surrounds her, and I applaud it as all too rarely seen these days. Congradulations.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join