It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s a shame about ATS... we can hardly recognize you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You know, when I was a kid I loved doing all the things kids do and be so carefree about it. Now, I'm not as excited as I used to be when I think of those same activities. Things change. What you loved yesterday may change today completely. I remember when I first joined ATS and started lurking around and researching , now it's not as exciting as it used to be before because I sort have a taste of this whole environment. It's not bad, just different. Same principle applies for life. You get that sweet car you have been wanting for a long time you drive around for a couple of months and you can hardly recognize it anymore, it's another piece of junk. Sad, but true. I hope you see the picture I'm trying to paint.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by Brown Bear

I think this rant is lame

ATS is somewhat like the real world, all forms of thinking from all walks of life.

What did you expect a site where everyone agrees with you and only talks about what you want to talk about?
How would you learn anything from that, and how odd is it that your focal point within your rant is wanting to learn.

The power is in your hands, you can make new threads, post your opinions in threads where you oppose the general premise.

But instead rant???

Rant???

My comments look like precise observations of events occurring both on ATS and in society in general, as it deteriorates along with the Middle Class. And valid questions as well. You don't see that?

Post more threads? Participate in what has become a March of the Idiots? This madness is the world that you and yours have made. It is not mine and I simply choose not to participate in your crazy, and neither does anyone else that's retained any sense.

American's should have learned to say "no" long ago and maybe the last few generations of kids could have been saved from the Fate, and the misery that awaits them. But it's too late now.

The thing about the uneducated Masses, and a sign of their "Universal Stupidity," is that people of the lie aren't even smart enough to ask the right questions, nor can they hear the answers.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Brown Bear because: spelling

edit on 17-7-2012 by Brown Bear because: add content

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
I think what the OT is complaining about is an increase in popularity - the dead end kids and stay at home moms have found ATS just like the info nerds before them so the tone has shifted because there are more of them.

UFO rock formations endless threads are lame but so are the older star child threads that offer no proof. I think ATS would be better off moderating alot more the number of topics posted that are duplicates and also the faith based ones as well except where applicable.

Ultimately the good stuff is getting lost in the mess and I think that is the biggest issue.

You know something, the stay at home moms and the kids, anyone who posts, counts equally and God/Goodness, whatever is overhead, doesnt play favorites and prefers those who have less over those who have more. In fact, if God/Goodness has a preference.......!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite people fall linto the catgeory you obviously look down upon.

I have some prejudice too, its kind of the opposite of yours. I don't like those who think highly of themselves, and are successful in a world with so many suffering.

They're bought off slaves, patting themselves on the back.

Not interested in what you're selling.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
By the way, the OP was ugly and disparaging of humanity, and elitist in its wording, even talking about useless eaters.

I would cross the road before reading any of this posters threads, he obviously has not a clue what is overhead and what progression of consciousness means. There are sides, its just that I consider choosing that one to be the lesser walk, and the long way home. Because it takes a heart to get there, and walking in others moccasins. It also takes holding the least as the greatest.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I haven't been here for that long, but the reason I signed up was because I was so taken in by the alternative approach and intelligence I found here that I haven't found anywhere else on the internet. However, op is right.. since I started here, to now.. there are few things left of value.

Maybe it was my fault..

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Well then stop complaining and make a informative thread, I agree there are too many 2012/ Doomsday/Ron Paul crap filling valuable space on here.

Didn't I just make an informative thread??? I thought so anyway?

As I go through these comments I notice that few of them relate to any statement I made, and cause me to again wonder at the decreasing distance between Man and Monkey. Or between Human Being and Zombie.

The Zombies don't appear able to give much thought to the matter or to even be curious about the difference between "socialization" and a real "education." But the reality that they aren't able to think should provide a clue.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

There are only so many ways you can say the same damn thing year after year.

Perhaps, a new conspiracy ?

I agree, and that's why many have abandoned the 911 threads.

Given the nature of the things I've said, perhaps a good "new" conspiracy for these youngsters would be to investigate the conspiracy of their own situation: the lack of education and decent upbringing.

A society and a nation doesn't destroy 4 generations of its youth by accident and it's hard to ignore the reality that they were intentionally build to be the Zombies in the sense of Orwell's 1984 (at the minimum).

Anybody with a decent knowledge of History knows exactly what has happened and exactly how this human disaster was engineered.

And good questions to ask would "pinpoint those responsible for raising the children in any society, and then ask them what they think they've done?"

Does anyone consider the social experiements in America that have gone wrong?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Brown Bear,
If you don't like it here, go some place that seems more suited for you, like Playboy forums or the good ole boys forum. Just google it, I'm sure several options will pop up for you.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
Brown Bear,
If you don't like it here, go some place that seems more suited for you, like Playboy forums or the good ole boys forum. Just google it, I'm sure several options will pop up for you.

Once again, and it should be increasingly obvious, these Zombies have nothing to add, and certainly no thinking going on there. Is there really any doubt about what will happen to them in their future.

You kinda gotta think that the Zombie Generations deserve what they have now, and what is coming to them as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brown Bear

Fallen so far short, and so changed you are, that old-timers barely recognize you...

Since you joined in 2009, you've authored a total of 3 threads. I don't know if that qualifies you to consider yourself an "old timer" either, nor can you even look wistfully into the long-forgotten past of ATS if that's when you joined. You've only posted replies to your authored threads, apparently, unless the search function isn't showing us everything. Regardless, it seems you aren't contributing much of your "thoughtfulness" or any of the deep thinking that you feel distinguishes you from the rest of the rabble. I mean, if you're thinking so much, why isn't that showing up here? And how could you possibly think that no one, I mean NO ONE, has posted a thread worthy of your opinion? Wow, that's about as arrogant as they come. You don't have to agree with everyone, or even anyone, but where is the evidence of your deep, philosophical thinking

And what's with the cracks about women? In this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

you commented: "As for the study of New-age Metaphysics... ever notice that the field is dominated by women? "What's that supposed to mean, especially in light of your comment about women and children in your opening post? In that same thread, you blathered on with this comment:

"I too am somewhat uncomfortable with stupidity although I find much of it on ATS and I thank you for producing some on demand. This thread was intended as an intellectual pursuit. Go back and watch the whole video series and stop interferring with your betters."That was in 2010, less than one year after you registered. Your thread, one of the 3 that you've posted in 3 years, was about an unlinked video (you required readers to research youtube or google and didn't even give the name of the series) that you claimed took you 24 hours to watch. The whole series was only over 4 hours long. The point is, you claim to post a thread as an "intellectual pursuit" with the premise being a youtube video. Intellectual? Any ideas of your OWN? That would be a true indication of an active intellect, not referring your audience to a video made by someone else.

I don't like the social networking thing either. I don't have a facebook account and never will. However, this site has a remarkable ability to stimulate thinking, debate, creativity and bring out things I never knew. It's even contributed to changing my mind on a few things. Where have you been?

Here's my uneducated and unwashed comments on some of your more irritating statements:

BB--" declines in values that older Americans still hold dear."
-- I'm what most would consider an "older" American or at least getting there quickly. I don't put much stock in what "older" Americans have done or the values they supposedly had. Much of our problems today stem from that generation. I am not impressed with what they did at any point in our history and can actually point to the fact that, were it not for them, we wouldn't be in some of the real mess we're in. Enough said for now...

BB -- "ATS as a premier source of cutting-edge thought."
-- Again, you've never posted anything very thought provoking, much less cutting edge. This thread is just full of blatantly wrong statements and needs correcting.

BB -- "the rising crescendo of opinion heard from unwashed, uneducated, mindless zombies."
-- This is an open forum and all sorts of opinions are going to be posted. Accept that. Add to the fact that this is summer and many bored kids are out of school. Yet, despite that, ATS still provides a much better source of alternative ideas and stories than most other, similar sites. We don't have the BS threads talking about a "Nobody" or a fake ET with a 6+ year cult following, like others do.

BB--"and that the newly emerging servant Class has yet to learn their place in the scheme of events, and this is particularly true for the Dead-End kids."

-- Hate kids much? That's the second crack against them in the OP alone. I, for one, don't want people to "learn their place". I want people to question EVERYTHING, including what we're told about where we belong or what line we should be standing in.

My suggestion: go elsewhere if you don't like it. Of course you're free to stay or go, but someone, somewhere will challenge your weakly formulated ideas.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Visiting ESB because: formatting

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by circuitsports
I think what the OT is complaining about is an increase in popularity - the dead end kids and stay at home moms have found ATS just like the info nerds before them so the tone has shifted because there are more of them.

UFO rock formations endless threads are lame but so are the older star child threads that offer no proof. I think ATS would be better off moderating alot more the number of topics posted that are duplicates and also the faith based ones as well except where applicable.

Ultimately the good stuff is getting lost in the mess and I think that is the biggest issue.

You know something, the stay at home moms and the kids, anyone who posts, counts equally and God/Goodness, whatever is overhead, doesnt play favorites and prefers those who have less over those who have more. In fact, if God/Goodness has a preference.......!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite people fall linto the catgeory you obviously look down upon.

I have some prejudice too, its kind of the opposite of yours. I don't like those who think highly of themselves, and are successful in a world with so many suffering.

They're bought off slaves, patting themselves on the back.

Not interested in what you're selling.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

I agree completely. Elitist "thinking" like BB's -- with his/her comments about "unwashed, uneducated, useless eathers, etc." is a sign of stunted growth of consciousness.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brown Bear

Originally posted by rebellender

Brown Bear?
who were you before this postal rage?
Its ok, just shout it out, leave a trail, put us in the know, as it were.
Then after we search out your true grievance, butter up a new Av and a new spin and go down again

what do you say?????
we want to know, at least me!!!

Try to learn something from your Elders.

The first and most obvious lesson is that our experience coming up was that our elders helped us, unlike yours (me and mine), which obviously are not lining up to help you...

and, do you see any help coming from us? Or expect it. Maybe a good question to ponder is "why not?"

Well, that's one thing I am thankful for -- "elders" like you are not getting in our way. Your generation has no more claim to superiority than any other. Your "greatest generation" was not great, in any way. I think most rational people of your generation know that and aren't arrogant like yourself. They just lived, survived, did what they thought had to be done for whatever reason, just like this one." They made mistakes for which we are now paying for. And we, too, have made massive blunders. You aren't any better, despite your arrogant belief to the contrary. In a previous thread, you called yourself one of our "betters." You are only mature in chonological age, and have displayed no spiritual maturity here.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
remember the gold ole days when Lear would propose some topic and people would go off the rails ,,, it was awesomely interesting,,,, or user mike singh well thought out threads

seems to me ats has become more of a breaking news site

also,,,, i guess the longer you been around the less shocking a new ufo thread is as most are debunked

however remember that california drone thread------awesome

the d4rk knight thread----awesome

scott creighton threads

awesome threads and topics maybe 4or 5 years ago,,, or maybe it was because i was new myself

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Sounds like you've become too familiar with all that is wrong and are bored with only the update of how wrong it's going. So Sorry the world isn't drastically worse in such extreme increments as to peak your interest but we are in fact slowly curbing the negative and turning things around! This site (and others like it) has very well done it's job by informing people to the point that only 22% of the population hold any faith in Mass media and I take that to mean that 78% are well Informed and know the truth. Meaning that if the flux of hard to digest and Highly intellectual material here slows that is the end result of most of us knowing and most of the info being covered. I.E. Thank you ATS you have helped to awaken many in an unknown sum. So Sorry someone has to be unappreciative of the "slow down in doom info" that is the end result of a job well done! Grateful that we are reaching the bottom of the pit and all truth may soon be at everyone's fingertips!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
brown bear---- i hear what your saying,,,,,,,,, i doubt many research or look thru old threads as we all want the latest, newest "crap"

maybe lear should come back,,, that'd shake things up

i'm just a reader, browser,,, but i certainly appreciated the members who put in so much hard working in threads propsing a theory,,,,,, backing it up with facts, pics, video's and the thorough divcussion and counterpoints that would be brought up as you read 8 pages of very good discussion,,, not tit for tats as has happened to this thread as an example

mike singh threads always sparked a huge discussion,,,,,,,,, i would also be impressed with counterarguments,,, and viewpoints i would have never thought of,,, or a direction to approach from,,, a way to see it,,,, that certainly opened my eyes and made me smarter ,,,, more insightful

i remember early on seeing a stan deagle video------ he blew my mind,,, he was amazing,,,,,,,,,, now i realize he's a fraud,,, and laugh at him,,,,,,,,,, and how he claims to be involved in every conspiracy of the last 30 years,,,,, space, aliens,, and een okc bombing, waco---wow!!! yeah right

everyone i guesss is on different steps of the rabbit hole,,,,,, and each step stuff is less shocking

alex jones is eye opening,,,, 6 years later --- still crying apoclypse daily,,, i barely pay attention

now i barely check ufo videos as been there done that and none pan out except the old goodies,,, as hoaxing is easy nowadays

i still come here often,,,, just not shocked,,, interested,,,, or learning as much

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Maybe your not frustrated at ATS but tired at the world?

NWO? hasn't happened
Disclosure? Hasn't happened
Obama, a evil reptilian who is going to take everyone guns? hasn't happened
WW3? hasn't happened
Ancient alien tech uncovered and used to contact our creators? hasn't happened
The majority of the best threads here, while highly entertaining and thought provoking, are all subjective.

Untill something actually happens in the world, ATS will stagnate.
As a previous poster said you can only present old information as new so many times(paraphrasing)

at least that is my view on it.
But i will say that when something does eventually happen it won't get past us at ATS.

Also remember that it is the last generations fault for the conditions us young adults are in today, not ours.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

There are people from all over the world on ATS,myself included.In your narrow view ATS is place exclusively for American men then.You must also consider your mother your inferior,since women's opinions are not of the same worth and quality as yours.I'm a woman,and I'm not American,and I have been here longer than you,and contributed lot more.Suck it.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
(I want to apologise in the very first place if this looks like a personal attack -- it ISN'T! It is just a "counter-rant" to the original rant).

Now this is the photographer photographed. The prankster pranked. Is this rant of any real substance? Have you had a bad day? Seriously.

Interestingly enough, the original poste and nearly all of the replies emanate from people who have been here for less than 3 years. What do you people know of what was ATS like before? That's the first thing. Have you seriously noticed such a change in barely a few months, the for myself I have not seen in 8 years? Yes ATS has changed. But everybody has changed in 8 years. The world has changed.

What is this rant about? Nothing. It is just and merely some person who found the site interesting in the first place, and is now getting bored with it.

You have to ask yourself a few questions before posting such an empty claim. Maybe you have explored more or less most of the threads and subjects that catch your interest and curiosity, and now that it's done, you have nothing else to read. And that bores you. And you read the (not so many) threads that are filled with "kids and their moms" comments, filled with pages of personal, unsubstantiated opinions. Their opinions. And maybe you're not interested in their opinions because you've read it again and again, over and over.

So it is not ATS that changed. It is your perception of what ATS posters post that has changed.

I have seen an incredible amount of useless threads. Granted and agreed.

I have also seen an incredible amount of hugely interesting subjects and threads.

I don't think that the overall mentality of the people, and that the overall "quality" of their thinking has really evolved. Maybe, just maybe, what is happening now is a sign of the times: more and more people have an easy and cheap access to computers and internet, when a few years ago, it was still maybe a bit more reserved to a certain "class of people" (I hate these generalisations...) with, maybe, more education than some others.

This being said, and as it is pointed out by others, this represents the population. There are highs and lows. There are people of all sorts, with all sorts of opinions.

CX

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Definately, i'm all for people having different opinions, it would be boring without that.....but do it in the same thread!

CX.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I really got into Above Top Secret a while back. Recently I have been really turned off by what I have seen on this site. My filters are getting too clogged when I get on this site and try to sift through all the banal garbage to get to something interesting and worthwhile.

I am looking for a new home.

Any suggestions?

One that looks promising is BLACK LISTED NEWS dot com.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join