It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s a shame about ATS... we can hardly recognize you.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Brown Bear

While I do understand your point of view, I wholeheartedly disagree.

ATS isn't going down. It's bigger and stronger than ever.

While you see Americans, teens and woman, I see cultural diversity. We have people from all over the world here. Young and old, rich and poor, educated members and seekers.

And much like in real life, all domains, professions and forums have their good "Old Timers"... Guy Lafleur was an amazing hockey player of my generation. But he has left so that other stars may eventually arise.

Same here with ATS.

You and I have different perceptions of what AboveTopSecret.com is. Don't like it? Then try to be a shining example of what you think it should be.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Wow, nicely said. I agree. Some younger ones and newbies may not give us the mental stimulation that we want, but I kind of remember what I was like when I started on my search for truth.

There's alot going on right now all over the world, and a lot of catching up to do for those that continue to be awakened to what's really going on.

I say lets have some patience and keep them in line if they start getting roudy.

And some of us be a little more nice. I've been lurking here for a year or so and I log on everyday to find out what's going on, but it's a little annoying the tone that some people take with others. Ooops, better not preach. sorry

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Brown bear? More like grizzly.

First off, I'm a woman, so let's just get that out of the way so you can move along quickly if you so choose, There are labels for you: narcissitic, misogynos, and several other choice words that I will kindly leave out.

Your cleverly written post (so obvious you went to college! But, then, that was part of your nefarious motive--to make that clear), failed to mention the fact that for the first time, perhaps, in history, women's IQ's are higher than men's, and there currently more women in the work force than men, espeically in managerial positions.

Perhaps you lost your job to a woman recently. Or perhaps someone you fancied just ran away from you as fast as she could...

I am really in shock that you would post something like this. It seems your intelligence hasn't led you to higher forms of evolution or enlightenment. Sad, as that's the purpose of intelligence, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think ATS could start by changing their home page back to what it was a week ago. The new "fresh" look to the home page sucks! Does anyone know how to stop it from refreshing every minute? It's really annoying. I've tried everything...

edit on 16-7-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Brown Bear?
who were you before this postal rage?
Its ok, just shout it out, leave a trail, put us in the know, as it were.
Then after we search out your true grievance, butter up a new Av and a new spin and go down again

what do you say?????
we want to know, at least me!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I came to the conclusion after a particularly insensitive thread about Bohemian Grove that what we are witnessing is the final assault of the dark cabal. It's become obvious that this site is the front line of psyop warfare.

We should take solace in the fact that they've put some of their most sophisticated writers here. I know, however that it shall not be long till We The People overcome.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Be the change you want to see man. 3 years and less than 150 posts? You can do it.

In this lifetime but not previous ones. As usual, the numbers mean nothing.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Well then stop complaining and make a informative thread, I agree there are too many 2012/ Doomsday/Ron Paul crap filling valuable space on here.

Complaining? I'm just a messenger with courage. Didn't you learn anything in the observations I made? That's the point. Why waste the energy on what is essentially a one way street?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Brown Bear?
Then after we search out your true grievance, butter up a new Av and a new spin and go down again

what do you say?????

Try to learn something from your Elders.

The first and most obvious lesson is that our experience coming up was that our elders helped us, unlike yours (me and mine), which obviously are not lining up to help you...

and, do you see any help coming from us? Or expect it. Maybe a good question to ponder is "why not?"

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
With all these threads popping up it makes me wonder if ATS really has changed all that much, or if is in fact the authors who have changed. It is easy in today's world to become cynical and jaded, but you have to fight against it. There are great threads on ATS, there are bad threads on ATS.

I lurked for a very long time before i signed up and i really haven't noticed that big of a change. Sure there is change, but change is inevitable. Time change, people change, society changes, its the natural progression. We can't just keep having the same ol' conversations over and over again.

Younger people get older and join the ranks with new ideas and view points. The old batch of younger people become the older group. The old older group becomes the old timers on the board. Through out history the older generations have always scoffed at the younger, hating their music, their opinions, their desire for something different. This will never change and no one can honestly expect it to.

All opinions count and matter, wither you agree, or disagree. You can't expect everyone to squeeze into your narrow view of how they should be. People will always be exactly who they are, and i love em for it!

DC

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think you're right.

I'd also like to see age and sex determinations.

But one of my points is that you can only waste so much energy gigging for gold where there is none. After so much dribble passes your bow the only alternative is to click off rather than participate in that madness.

It's worse than watching daytime TV and the only possible interest to read that stuff is to laugh at how crazy the Masses have become as you listen to their looney tunes.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brown Bear

Originally posted by rebellender

Brown Bear?

what do you say?????

Try to learn something from your Elders.

The first and most obvious lesson is that our experience coming up was that our elders helped us, unlike yours (me and mine), which obviously are not lining up to help you...

and, do you see any help coming from us? Or expect it. Maybe a good question to ponder is "why not?"

you didnt answer my question

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Good emphasis on women and children ruining ATS

/sarcasm.

It's not just ATS that they've ruined, but granted, your parents and your society really should have done better by you, but you were sacrificed to the convenience of both groups and these mindless zombies that you see shuffling around everywhere now were created. And the trend hasn't developed fully yet. Much more bad coming.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
You've been here long enough to know that you can turn it around then, by posting informative threads that are juicy to read...like the old days.

I'm not saying you are entirely wrong, i have my moans and groans at time too, but there are so many of these threads now, i do sometimes wonder if there is an agenda going on?

There is good and bad on every site on the net, including the sites where the "great ex-members" went. People have left here, made other forums of the same nature yet just whinge about ATS....thats not a great new site, it's like a playground bitch session.

Change this place if it's that bad.

CX.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Sounds like your suffering interweb fatigue, I haven't posted for quite some time and don't even lurk all that much, it's great, you should try it.

At best I wait until the threads hit the 30 day mark then read what I'm interested in, seems like the best filter available.

ETA: Looks like I can't do that any more with the new home page.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 16-7-2012 by myselfaswell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
You've been here long enough to know that you can turn it around then, by posting informative threads that are juicy to read...like the old days.

I'm not saying you are entirely wrong, i have my moans and groans at time too, but there are so many of these threads now, i do sometimes wonder if there is an agenda going on?

There is good and bad on every site on the net, including the sites where the "great ex-members" went. People have left here, made other forums of the same nature yet just whinge about ATS....thats not a great new site, it's like a playground bitch session.

Change this place if it's that bad.

CX.

I don't think you're quite getting the picture.

Although an increasing number of threads are stretched to the point of absolute weakness one should see and realize those considerations early on in the Post and move on of course.

The problem IMO is page after page of meaningless dribble in the comments. Just as with MSM. there's too much garbage being thrown around in meaningless opinions by people that should be listening instead of demonstrating their ignorance and psychological problems to the world.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think the rant carries some of the same sentiments I've seen many other 'old timers' express over the past 6-8 months. Where I'd disagree is the tone which suggests ATS is winding down or near bottom. I think we're seeing what staff and users alike predicted, warned and planned for seeing across 2012. Posts here from both groups stated in numerous ways, the tidal wave of...fluff...we were likely to see mixed in with and over running the good meaty threads that make ATS what it is.

YES, there's nothing you've said that I can disagree with.

The problem for me and many others, I think, that when one reads through so many mindless garbage "feel good" social comments the crap goes to where it can injure the Spiritual Being.

So that even the good threads are lost to the March of the Idiots and their mindless babbling. One sound preparation to meet the 2012 Mysteries is to stay as far away from the Zombie and their opinions as humanly possible.

They're seen shuffling around everywhere now, blank stares with Aura beaten down already. If the SHTF they're going to be eating people, if the next drug craze doesn't make that happen first.

The Zombie deterioration has crossed several generations now and the trends are only downward. Servants and Soldiers, fodder either way with no respite in sight.

edit on 16-7-2012 by Brown Bear because: add context

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
No, ATS ain't what it used to be. I don't think anyone can seriously deny that.

However, that's a long way from saying that this site has become truly worthless. There's still some good stuff (and good people) here yet.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

/sarcasm.

Obviously you're part of the problem... fortunately the problem is yours.

"Children and the women who raised them."

Somebody is responsible for what's been done to the youth in this country. Sacrificed on the Alter of their mothers convenience as they were. And like the women that raised them, they take no responsibility for their condition.

What exactly do Eaters and Breeders produce in this society, or in the world of doers for that matter? And why does anyone want to waste time listening to the whimsical fantasy and twisted feelings of Zombies without a future?

edit on 16-7-2012 by Brown Bear because: spelling/add content

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brown Bear

/sarcasm.

Obviously you're part of the problem... fortunately the problem is yours.

I consider male chauvanism to be just as much a disease as feminism, personally. Neither are in any way a positive thing. If being this site's old school meant adhering to patriarchic fascism, then maybe we're not so worse off with them gone, as some of us perhaps thought.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join