It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Laurel Canyon Conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
So let me ask you guys this:

Which musical groups have NOT been part of some sort of conspiracy?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Very good points about the class system in LA. I live near BH. I often ride the bus cause my cars crap right now. THe busses that go down Santa Monica and Wilshire have two stops in the entire city of Beverly Hills. Rodeo Drive and Robertson. Basically two shopping areas for tourists. I definitely had the impression that their logic is if you don't have a car you don't belong in BH. Also there are only 3 gas stations in the city of Beverly Hills. ANd they are all on the outskirts. they don't want people from other neighborhoods stopping by BH for gas. The city of LA has had a series of battles to get the underground subway to go from downtown to santa monica. The subway would help relieve traffic a lot. Believe it or not LA's subway system although limited in route is actually pretty efficient. The problem is that to get to santa monica city it has to go under beverly hills. BH answer. No way! You'll simply have to reroute the entire subway around the city of BH. I can only surmise that they simply don't want anybody other than the citizens of BH from entering BH.

I never liked BH because of that. Also good point about the poor house "help" in Bel Air that are forced to walk up that steep ass hill togo to work as slaves for their employers who don't even offer to pick them up at the bottom of the hill. THere are no sidewalks and rich people don't give a rats ass about pedestrians. they simply fly around these blind corners going down steep hills in their 4000 pound mercedes taking up both sides of the road if it helps them screech through the turns faster. THey have absolutely no concern for the pedestrians. Unless it's some rich girl walking her 5 dogs or something.

BH... not a fan.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR...The subway would help relieve traffic a lot. Believe it or not LA's subway system although limited in route is actually pretty efficient. The problem is that to get to santa monica city it has to go under beverly hills. BH answer. No way! You'll simply have to reroute the entire subway around the city of BH....

I didn't know that, makes you what they got under BH...

Deep nuclear bunkers, or even an underground city

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
NAw nothing like that. the BH city council are just a bunch of dicks thats all. They don't want underground construction messing up their daily lives. In some ways I don't blame them but it seems like the construction would never actually set foot on the surface of BH the intrusion would be minimal. Less than in other parts of LA that allowed the Subway to be built. THey just don't want two things in BH. Outsiders coming in. Unless they are european tourists with money to spend on chatchka down on rodeo. And they just don't want any inconveniences regarding the construction.

I doubt there are any secret bunkers underneath BH. Most of BH is on flat ground and that ground is very sandy and silt like. Crappy place for a bunker. Now secret bunkers in the hills around LA. there has got to be a few. Where I have no idea. It would be semi risky to have one unless the entrance was very concealed. like in some dudes mansion. or some hotel. There are too many hikers around the hills to have a secret bunker hidden away on public land.

I once heard a rumor that there were old missile silos hidden all over LA. Again where I have no idea. seems like a stupid place to hide ICBMs.

Back to Laurel Canyon. Don't want to derail this thread as it's pretty interesting. I know that a lot of the homes up there come from old money or are passed down from one generation to the other so they stay in the family so to speak. This isn't due to some conspiracy but to the value of owning a home in this unique part of LA. Once owned nobody wants to give them up. They are frequently rented out to musician and starlette types who are here today and gone tomorrow. However the fact that a lot of the homes tend to stay with the same owners over multiple generations up there can help facilitate a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Spent the last day or so reading all of the entries on this off of his site. I have not watched the videos but I find the information very interesting.
From a musical perspective alone its informative. I have always been under the impression that the idea of a "manufactured" band was something that came about in the 80's. I always assumed that the bands of the 60's and 70's were simply discovered and then polished and molded into superbands. Of course there has always been the "pay'ola" aspect to radio and music production but I still thought most bands were organic at their begining. This information puts a good bit of doubt on that and you see that managers were building bands well before glam metal and boy bands. The idea is not shocking per say its an eyebrow raiser for sure.

Tie that in with the very suspicious source of '___' in the area. The connections to the intel community and the occult aspects and it makes for a very odd picture.

If we breakdown some of the detailss to this we can see that while there are a number of things that could be coincidence once you start adding them up its really painting a picture of something intentional.
A great many people born in the late 40's early 50's had parents who were involved in the military.Many of those military vets had issues as a result of that service that led to drug and alcohol abuse. Many also faced physical and mental abuse. So its not entirely uncommon for those who are musically or artistically inclined to have that kind of background. When you look at the number of intel (military or civilian) connections this group had it starts to drop those odds a good bit. Add to that the number that came from homes with suicides and the odds drop even further. Just based on that alone you have a very high (no pun intended) concentration of people with almost identical backgrounds in a very small area. All of them in the music industry and all of them groomed on the path to recognition and the spiral of drug use and debauchery that comes with that.
Even if you leave out the other aspects of this its an indictment of the inductry at the time that this "factory" turned out a very contrived product that promoted the destruction of its consumers as well as those who made the product.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
Interesting theory but I wouldn't put much stock in it myself. I don't think there's any more of a conspiracy in LC than any other posh neighborhood in LA. I think the last thing F. Zappa would ever do is become a gov shill.

So far, in terms of dissent toward this idea, I feel like I'm mostly seeing dissent based in bias. Oh, Zappa was a cool guy, and there's no way he'd ever do that.

Well, the thing is, if this conspiracy is real, that's the entire point of it. To make people think these are "cool guys" who "wouldn't do that kind of thing." That's precisely the point. Set them up as anti-government, anti-authority figures who can then influence all the other kids who are "anti government" / "anti-authority." Lots of people like Jay Z too, but some people think he's in the illluminati *shrug*

Originally posted by Malcher
think most people who believe in this even just a little discount one factor - talent. I am referring to the OP content and not any side stories.

Regarding Jim Morrison, there were other members of that band AND they or at least one other (not sure) wrote their music and lyrics...

What's your point? I hear Adolph Hitler was a great painter. Have you ever seen the game America's Army? That was clearly produced by some talented people... as, essentially, a propaganda tool. Being talented, and being a puppet for the government are not mutually exclusive concepts. Why do most rock stars do what they do? Fame, money, women, etc... So what if someone came up to one of these guys early on and said "Look, I can give you resources, and connections, and help you become a living legend-- and all you have to do is return the favor by taking some of our advice / instruction..."

I love music from this era too. I don't want it to be true any more than you do. But that doesn't mean I should close my eyes or my mind to any evidence that may be out there.

Going back to Jim Morrison for a second. When reporters asked Jim Morrison about his parents, do you know how he responded to them? This is well known, and was even featured in Oliver Stone's movie. Jim claimed they were DEAD. That's convenient.

I mean, you don't think it's the tiniest bit strange that secret CIA experiments with L.S.D converged with a Harvard psych professor, with a bunch of artists, and protesters, and rockers, and the media to create the "perfect storm" of the 1960's hippy movement?

Perhaps you're aware that Owsley Stanley who worked closely and toured with The Grateful Dead, and was instrumental in distributing lots of L.S.D to fuel the counterculture is rumored to have connections to CIA / intelligence.

Perhaps you're aware that Bob Weir and Mickey Hart of the Grateful Dead are members of Bohemian Grove.

Take the time to read through all the material on McGowan's site. Check out some articles by Jan Irvin / Gnostic Media for more info. Even better, find and read the book "Acid Dreams: The Complete Social History of L.S.D.: the CIA, the Sixties, and Beyond" Then come back and tell me there's no way there's anything to this stuff.

Here is a PDF copy of "Acid Dreams"

Wikipedia Article about the book.

And here's some of the aforementioned Gnostic Media articles:

Manufacturing the Deadhead: A product of social engineering

How Darwin, Huxley, and the Esalen Institute launched the 2012 and psychedelic revolutions – and began one of the largest mind control operations in history.

“Magic Mushrooms and the Psychedelic Revolution: Beginning a New History”

The CIA’s Terence McKenna FOIA request response – “a search for records that would reveal a positive Agency affiliation” – “classified”

Appeal to the CIA regarding classification of R. Gordon Wasson documents related to MKULTRA Subproject 58

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Will have to read through all of this at some point

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

First, nobody controlled zappa.
Funny you mention a tunnel. There is a tunnel that goes from zappas to houdinis...its true...there is info out there. It has been cemented shut on either end but its there

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

In the early days of the mothers zappas house was kind of a hang out..zappa never was into the hippie thing. He didnt infiltrate anything. The hippie scene was frisco anyway. Zappa had nothing but contempt for the hippie movement.
Read the lyrics to flower punk, who are the brain police, hungry freaks daddy, and were turning again. Then you might get some perspective.
Also its well known and documented that he was obsessive about music. He worked in his basement studio 18 hours a day when he was not rehearsing or on tour....he was never around...
All frank did was rehearse, record, and tour.
I see know conspiracy there....
Frank set himself and the mothers up as freaks....not hippies. Not only dud he not infiltrate the hippie movement, he distanced himself from it.
He was also obsessive about giving interviews...there are thousands of interviews out there. Its not too hard to find out how frank felt about that movement and their culture.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
flower punk

Hey Punk, where you goin' with that flower in your hand?
Hey Punk, where you goin' with that flower in your hand?

Well, I'm goin' up to Frisco to join a psychedelic band.
I'm goin' up to Frisco to join a psychedelic band.

Hey Punk, where you goin' with that button on your shirt?
Hey Punk, where you goin' with that button on your shirt?

I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play my bongos in the dirt.
Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play my bongos in the dirt.

Hey Punk, where you goin' with that hair on your head?
Hey Punk, where you goin' with that hair on your head?

I'm goin' to the dance to get some action, then I'm goin' home to bed.
I'm goin' to the dance to get some action, then I'm goin' home to bed.

Hey Punk, where you goin' with those beads around your neck?
Hey Punk, where you goin' with those beads around your neck?

I'm goin' to the shrink so he can help me be a nervous wreck. ..
--------------------------------------

we're turning again lyrics

They took a whole bunch of acid
So they could see where it's at
(it's over there, over there,
Over there, over there
And underneath also)
They lived on a whole bunch of nothing
They thought they looked very good
They'd never ever worry
They were always in a hurry
To convince themselves that what they were
Was really very groovy
Yes, they believed in all the papers
And the magazines that defined their folklore
They could never laugh
At who or what they thought they were
Or even what they thought
They sorta oughta be
They were totally empty
(totally empty)
And their lives were really useless
So what the #?
They didn't have no sense of humor
Now they got nothing left
To laugh about
Including themselves

They were mellow
They were yellow
They were wearing smelly blankets
They looked like donovan fans
They walkin' 'round
With stupid flowers
In they hair and everywhere
They tried to stuff 'em up the guns
Of all the cops
And other servants of the law
Who tried to push 'em around
And later moved 'em down
this line especially....1967 and the hippies were protesting nam....they put flowers in the national guard gun barrels....i will put a picture of it at the bottom of this post
But they were full of all that #
That they believed in
So what the #?
(what the #? )
Now I've seen 'em tightenin' up they headbands
On the weekend
And they get loaded
When they came to town
They walked around in greenwich village
To buy posters they could hang up
In them smelly little secret
Black light bedrooms
On long island
Singin': "jimi come back!"
Now come back and regulate the boy's fuzz-tone
Your haze was so purple
It caused your axis to be bold as love
Now jimi (feed back) gimme some feedback
Come back and feed back on my knapsack
You can feed back the fuzz tone from your wah-wah
While you bend down
And set your stuff on fire
if you didnt figure, thats all about hendrix
We can turn it around
We can do it again
We can go back in time
Through the canyons of your mind
On the eve of destruction
We can act like we are
Something really special
You just jump in the bath-tub
With that other guy jim
And make him be more careful
talking about morrison
We can visit big mama
And wrap her on the back
When she eats her sandwich
talking about mama cass choking on her sub sammy
(la la la la)
We can take care of janis
When she gets so depressed
joplin always crying about how sad she was
She can't take it no more
We can laugh at keith moon's jokes
(ha ha ha ha ha)
And the colour tv
(ha ha)
He threw out the windum
From the second floor
moon the loon and his road antics. throwing a tv out of a hotel window
Everybody come back
No one can do it like you used to
If you listen to the radio
And what they play today
You can tell right away:
All those assholes really need you!
---------------------

who needs the peace corps lyrics.......this is all about the hippes

What's there to live for?
Who needs the peace corps?

Think I'll just DROP OUT
I'll go to Frisco
Buy a wig & sleep
On Owsley's floor
talking about owsley stanley of acid making fame

Walked past the wig store
Danced at the Fillmore
I'm completely stoned
I'm hippy & I'm trippy
I'm a gypsy on my own
I'll stay a week & get the crabs &
Take a bus back home
I'm really just a phony
But forgive me
'Cause I'm stoned

Every town must have a place
Where phony hippies meet
Psychedelic dungeons
Popping up every street
GO TO SAN FRANCISCO

How I love ya, How I love ya
How I love ya, How I love ya Frisco!
Oh, my hair is getting good in the back! Every town must have a place
Where phony hippies meet
Psychedelic dungeons
Popping up on every street
GO TO SAN FRANCISCO...

Gotchya Hotcha!

First I'll buy some beads
And then perhaps a leather band
To go around my head
Some feathers and bells
And a book of Indian lore
I will ask the Chamber Of Commerce
How to get to Height Street
And smoke an awful lot of dope

I will wander around barefoot
You know I'll have a psychedelic gleam in my eye at all times
I will love everyone
I will love the police as they kick the # out of me on the street

FREEZE HIPPY
I will sleep...
YES
I will go to a house.
That's, that's what I will do
I will go to a house
Where there's a rock roll band
Because the groups all live together
HERE'S JOHNNY
I will stay
I will join a rock & roll band
I'll be their road manager
And I will stay there with them
And I will get the crabs
But I won't care
------------------------------------

anything left to say?

anyone that knows anything about frank zappa knows he was no hippie. he did not infiltrate the movement or anything like that....
he was pretty far away from being a hippie my friend

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

AH yes the infamous tunnel. I remember driving past "houdinis" house everyday as a kid to go to school on wonderland ave. The giant castle that everyone thinks is houdinis is not. It was owned by some rich dude. That house had a property across the street that was used as the guest house. Houdini actuality rented this guest house for about 9 months or so before moving. Rumor has it that the guest house and the mansion across the street had a secret tunnel connecting the two. It was made from a natural cave and expanded into a tunnel that connected the two properties. There are actually a lot of small natural caves up in laurel canyon, But they get back filled most of the time for safety and so that a houses foundation can be properly built. I'm not sure if this cave turned into a tunnel was located inside the guest house or if it was just on the property somewhere. Maybe the "zappa" cabin frank was renting in his late 20's had access to the property and the cave (ie it was located halfway between the guest house and the zappa cabin) idunno. One thing I do think though is that the city would have had to have known about it eventually since Laurel canyon is a MAJOR through fare for getting in between the "valley" and LA proper. Every day morning and night it has rushour gridlocked stand still traffic. Lots of work is constantly being done on the road. They would have found the tunnel by now and destroyed it. It's too risky having a street like laurel canyon collapse because of some old ass tunnel nobody uses running underneath it.

Now if people want to get freaked out there are plenty of weird places in the hills of LA. Outpost has a creepy vibe in places especially halfway up near castilian. The area is now called the outpost estates or something like that because so many celebrities have developed and expanded a lot of the old homes up there into mega mansions and compounds.

Buuuuuut.... Topanga Canyon has some of the weirdest stuff around for the hills of LA. A lot of the people from the Laurel canyon movement moved over there when Laurel Canyon got too mainstream. In topanga you have ghosts, drugs, UFOs, bikers, hippies, Drugs, squatters, people living in bushes, More drugs, crime and probably it's fair share of murders. Did I mention there is a lot of drugs going on up in topanga? That being said it's still a nice drive to get from the valley to the pacific coast in malibu.
edit on 14-11-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join