It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird weather? Blame the Jet Stream!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Many people wondering weird weather in Europe. Its awfully hot around Greece, and very rainy in England. There hasn't been normal summer anywhere in Europe, as Jet Stream is out of its place. Jet Stream should normally be much more north, but now it has wandered its way different place, towards Southern Europe, just over British Isles, causing severe rains in Britain, and dry weather in Mediterrean. Northern Europe also gets much more rain than normally, and rivers are on flood level.

Why Jet Stream is wrong you say? Waters on eastern seaboard of US are colder than normally, causing pressure centers act abnormally, though its not understood perfectly yet. One thing is sure, that upcoming weather can't be predicted because abnormal Jet Stream.

Evening News
Independent

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
the jet stream has been out of whack for a few years. last year and this year it's more extreme. i remember reading about this quite a few years ago. due to the changing temperatures of the oceans it would throw the jet stream off causing erratic weather and some areas will eventually become much colder than normal (parts of europe i think). others would be warmer and drier (where i am in texas for example).

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm in Florida and the weather here has been different compared to years prior.

I remember rain in April constantly, well this year it barely rained, it is raining almost every afternoon right now and that is unusual for July! IDK what is going on but it's been an odd year weather wise here for sure. We didn't even have a winter! It went from Fall to Spring.

The whole jet stream thing makes me slightly freaked and that is only because of the movie "The Day After Tomorrow." That movie freaked me out beyond belief. I found it more realistic than any other end of world type movies. I still won't watch it alone!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I keep reading about this heat down in the lower 48 but up here in Alaska we've had the second coldest July ever, it's already snowed up in the mountains!

top topics

join