It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The snowball effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is my own idea that i came up with but given the vast untamed reaches of the internet it is unlikely that i am the first to come up with this

You know those old cartoons were a snowball would start rolling down a hill and it gets bigger and bigger until it cant be stopped well i was thinking yesterday about how one little action can start something huge and i realized that one little action can be like a snowball rolling down a hill for example if i start a movement to overthrow a government that like me pushing the snowball down the hill and if that movement gains more and more members that like the snowball gaining traction until it becomes unstoppable

Another example would be this the other day i went to use the public restroom at a store i saw a guy walk out without washing his hands Now what if he had some sort of disease on his hand him not washing is pushing the ball down the hill he could have potentially started a world wide pandemic all because he was two lazy to wash his hands

I guess the point that i am trying to say is the littlest actions can have the biggest consequences it can be anything from starting a little protest group to not washing your hands to donating money to a charity

edit on 16-7-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Explanation: S&F!

Hagakure (.pdf) [judoinfo.com] CAUTION! .PDF file autoloads in Adobe so @yourownriskok!

Among the maxims on Lord Naoshige’s wall there was this one: ”Matters of’ great concern should be treated lightly.”

Master lttei commented, “Matters of small concern should be treated seriously.”

Among one’s affairs there should not be more than two or three matters of what one could call great concern.

If these are deliberated upon during ordinary times, they can be understood.

Thinking about things previously and then handling them lightly when the time comes is what this is all about.

To face an event anew solve it lightly is difficult if you are not resolved beforehand, and there will always be uncertainty in hitting your mark.

However, if the foundation is laid previously,you can think of the saying, “Matters of great concern should be treated lightly,” as your own basis for action.

Personal Disclosure: I concur! And so do ancient Samuria's!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

explanation: greetings! and a request

request: would you know how i might go about obtaining the secret 5th chapter?

query: how are your experiments in metamorphosis doing ?

explanation: sorta keeping it on topic
:
have you experienced the snowball [or butterfly] effect in your workings?

join