It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A halfway believable 'strange sounds in the sky' video? Chicago, May 12, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Not sure if this one has been posted yet, but here we have what APPEARS TO BE a genuine video of the strange sounds in the sky, which happened in May, 2012. And they sound slightly different to the other videos. For a change the audio track seems halfway believable, as the camera person narrates what he is filming as it is happening...

Yeah, seems real enough, but so do many others. I am still on the fence whether this is all just one big hoax or not. But the ambiance of these sounds in this video seems to fit pretty well to what is actually being filmed, and is one of the few videos of this that does not seemed faked to me. But I could be dead wrong, and I am prepared for that possibility. Stuff is just too easy to fake these days. Between the mass spread of computers and music synthesizers, and that everyone now has some kind of audio/video editing program, I find it hard to believe just about anything seen on youtube anymore.

The different characteristics of these sounds though do lend some credibility to this video. It does not appear to be a copy of any of the other videos seen, and if anyone believes this is a copy, or faked, then let's hear it. My operating term for these strange sounds in the sky being heard all over the world is "Unidentified Atmospheric Sounds", or UAS for short.

I have proposed the possibility that these sounds could be a new phenomenon that humanity may be experiencing due to an increase in average upper and lower atmospheric air density, caused most probably by residual pollution, that does not entirely dissipate or get washed away by natural processes like rain. While I cannot pinpoint the actual source, which might be new electromagnetic interactions taking place in our atmosphere, I do know that an increase in air density will increase the speed, propagation, and amplitude of sound waves. Therefore in my view it is possible that we are experiencing the amplification of things that were always there, just never this loud or noticeable before. Or it could be entirely new processes being introduced via planetary or solar system interactions.

The scientific mechanism by which these sounds might be explained is something I am having discussions on with another ATS member behind the scenes, who notes:

Sound waves can be created by any atmospheric disturbance or oscillation, like a fan. All it takes is a plane of movement oscillating in the air, which is then perceived according to the frequency and amplitude of said oscillation, and will decay according to the medium. The size of the oscillating plane will also have an effect.

So are large oscillating planes in the atmosphere, which apparently have special characteristics due to atmospheric circumstance, being possibly excited enough through electromagnetic interactions to produce sound and resonance that manifest themselves as the new strange sounds in the sky? I don't know for sure, but electromagnetic noise is the cause of many bizarre readings on seismographs. And another thing is that super low frequency (0-2 Hz) sources can also generate harmonic overtones, which may be the portion of the signal that is actually getting heard and recorded on some of these videos.

Another interesting possibility is that we could be hearing the harmonic overtones of the excitation of global Schumann resonances? Since that is an electromagnetic resonance with a fundamental at about 7.86 Hz.

Schumann resonances are the principal background in the electromagnetic spectrum[1] beginning at 3 Hz and extend to 60 Hz,[2] and appear as distinct peaks at extremely low frequencies (ELF) around 7.86 (fundamental),[3] 14.3, 20.8, 27.3 and 33.8 Hz.[4][5]

en.wikipedia.org...

Lightning discharges in thunderclouds radiate powerful radio noise bursts over a wide frequency range from a few Hz to several MHz. In the ELF/VLF frequency range waves can propagate over long distances in the Earth-ionosphere waveguide. Waves with frequencies less than 50 Hz can propagate globally with extremely low attenuation rates, allowing these radio waves to propagate a few times around the globe before dissipating.

Interference between these waves results in the Earth-ionosphere cavity resonances known as Schumann resonances (SR) (Polk, 1982; Siingh et al., 2007). In this frequency range there are sources of interference due to electric railways, mechanical vibrations of the antennas, surrounding vegetation, drifting electrically charged clouds and power line transients, etc. Presently Schumann resonances are being used to monitor global lightning activity (Heckman et al., 1998; Rycroft et al, 2000), global variability of lightning activity (Satori, 1996; Nickolaenko et al., 1998) and sprite activity (Boccippio et al., 1995; Cummer et al., 1998a; Rycroft et al.,2000).

arxiv.org...

These sounds could be just the teleported remainder of very distant storms.
edit on Mon Jul 16th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Watch till the end and click the red text box. Short story, he faked it.

When you see a vid like this and see the whole street below at a standstill with people standing outside their cars and people running outside, running inside, you should assume its fake imo.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

edit on 16-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Well like I said I was prepared for that possibility, so thanks for the links.

Another fake

Still though, I did dig up some other things that might be worthwhile reading, see the updated OP at bottom.

top topics

join