It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The amazing Similarities between Abraham lincoln and John F Kennedy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
While cleaning the house of my recently passed Grandmother, I found the newspaper clipping of an amazing article from I don't know when.. I wanted to share it with you guys and see if there isn't anything else we can add to this crazy list of... coincidences?

* Both were slain on a Friday, in the presents of their wives. Both were shot in the head.

* Their successors, both named Johnson, were southern Democrats who previously served in the US senate. Andrew Johnson was born in 1808, and Lyndon Johnson in 1908.

* John Wilkes Booth, Lincoln's assassin, was born in 1839. Lee Harvey Oswald, Kennedy's assassin, was born in 1939

* Both Booth, and Oswald were slain before a trial could be held.

* Both Presidents wives lost children through death while staying in the White house.

* Lincoln's secretary who name was Kennedy, advised him not to go to the theater the night he was killed. Kennedy, who's secretary's name was Lincoln, advised him not to go to Dallas as well.

So here is my 2 cents.. YES I'm a believer of the Jessie Ventura JFk episode. I believe JFK was assassinated by the CIA, and wouldn't surprise me if the same could be said for Lincoln. Both were big on civil rights, just like another well known name who was also assassinated.. MLK.. Not saying MLK is in any relation to this.. but just something more to think about..

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Here's something that a lot of people miss about the similarities. A week before Lincoln's assassination he was in Monroe, Maryland. A week before Kennedy's assassination he was in Marilyn Monroe.

Never gets old

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I have not heard that one

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SickeningTruths

Both were big on civil rights, just like another well known name who was also assassinated..

I thought Lincoln was big on railroads and Kennedy was big on booze since his family line came from a bunch of bootleggers.

People really need to stop putting others on pedestals.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Both were big on civil rights, just like another well known name who was also assassinated..

I thought Lincoln was big on railroads and Kennedy was big on booze since his family line came from a bunch of bootleggers.

People really need to stop putting others on pedestals.

And your saying that they were not big on civil rights?? And no one said anything about idolizing, worshiping or putting any one on a pedestal. I'm sure most all "civil rights leaders" had or have some sort of demons in there closet, be it family or there own.. I'm all for freedom of speech, but (mockingly) bravo on throwing stones at some of the best political figures the US has ever seen..

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Was it for civil rights or was it for something else that Lincoln stood for. George Bush stands for freedom remember...

Donald then claims to translate this statement "from the politician's idiom" into plain English. Lincoln and the Republican Party "intended to enact a high protective tariff that mothered monopoly, to pass a homestead law that invited speculators to loot the public domain, and to subsidize a transcontinental railroad that afforded infinite opportunities for jobbery."

This is what is so refreshing about David Donald, the best and most honest of all the mainstream "Lincoln scholars." He understood that "wise revenue laws" meant a 47 percent tariff on imports that would plunder the Southern states especially severely; he understood that "free labor" meant white labor, and protecting the white race's "just right to the territories" meant disallowing labor market competition from either slaves or free blacks. At the time, the small number of free blacks in the North had no real citizenship rights and some states, like Lincoln's Illinois, had amended their constitutions to make it illegal for blacks to move into the state.

And furthermore:

Donald also understood that "developing the internal resources of the country" was a euphemism for the colossal corruption that would inevitably accompany massive federally-funded subsidies to railroad corporations.

The financial powers behind the Republican Party in 1860 were the Northern railroad barons, Northern manufacturers who wanted protectionist tariffs to protect them from competition, and Northern bankers and investors like Jay Cooke who wanted to use their political connections to make a killing financing a transcontinental railroad (among other schemes, such as central banking). They decided at the Chicago Republican National Convention of 1860 that Abraham Lincoln was the perfect political front man for their corrupt, mercantilist agenda.

Source

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SickeningTruths
While cleaning the house of my recently passed Grandmother, I found the newspaper clipping of an amazing article from I don't know when.. I wanted to share it with you guys and see if there isn't anything else we can add to this crazy list of... coincidences?

This list is only partially true, and bends the truth a bit to ensure that "coincidences" line up.

And other bits like the following, are simply not true at all...

Lincoln's secretary who name was Kennedy, advised him not to go to the theater the night he was killed.
Kennedy, who's secretary's name was Lincoln, advised him not to go to Dallas as well.

Lincoln's White House secretaries were John G. Nicolay and John Hay.

John Wilkes Booth, Lincoln's assassin, was born in 1839.

Booth was born in 1838, not 1839.

link

edit on 16-7-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

That's not surprising either. At the time the article was typed up (again, not known but very old), I'm sure they could probably "speculate" on alot.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by revswirl
Here's something that a lot of people miss about the similarities. A week before Lincoln's assassination he was in Monroe, Maryland. A week before Kennedy's assassination he was in Marilyn Monroe.

Never gets old

Neither did her 15 month old corpse, apparently.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Sorry, but all these "Amazing Similarities" are no such thing in the slightest. Alfa1 posted this link here previously before, but It's certainly worth re-posting to ensure that nobody misses it. The Kennedy - Lincoln Similarities - Debunked

A little bit of research and critical thinking is all that is needed to know that these similarities are not similarities at all.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

The only similarities that I know of is that they were both assassinated by their own governments for reasons that we all know.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The similiarity between Lincoln and Obama is that they both said "Half the country is my enemy"........and killed Americans without a trial.

JFK didn't kill Americans. Lincoln only succeeded because he got the entire Russian Atlantic and Pacific Naval fleets in Union ports. Lincoln had Russian troops with boots on the ground in America. Those Ruskies didn't live board their ships....to dang cold. They had boots on the ground in the Civil War.

Lincoln was a monster and destroyed America, turned it into a Police State.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
JFK was riding in a Licoln car, which is manufactured by Ford Co. Lincoln was assassinated in Ford's Theatre. Oswald ran from a storehouse to a theatre ( not saying he was the assassin just the accused assassin), while Booth ran from a theatre to a storehouse (staying at the Garrett Barn which was used for storing tobacco). (Not to say Booth was shot there and and another man named Boyd was the one shot there, while Booth according to some reports had stayed at that same Barn a couple nights earlier then left after which Boyd and Herold arrived.)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelanteski

Oswald ran from a storehouse to a theatre ( not saying he was the assassin just the accused assassin), while Booth ran from a theatre to a storehouse (staying at the Garrett Barn which was used for storing tobacco).

You are of course missing out some crucial details there, purposefully or accidentally I don't know.

Oswald, this under the assumption that he was the assassin, did not just run to a theater. He walked from the TSDB, got on a bus, then got into a cab, then he went back to his rooming house in another part of Dallas, remained there for a very short while before walking out heading in a southern direction towards Oak Cliff, supposedly had an encounter with a police officer by the name of J.D. Tippit and then ran into a theater after that. In other words, still under the assumption that he was the Presidents killer, he ended up running into a theater not for that crime, but for a completely separate crime. This was also just over an hour after the slaying too.

Assuming he was not the killer, he still found his way to the theater after the bus, the cab, after visiting his rooming house and so on. The way It's worded makes it sound like the claim is he shot the president and immediately ran to the theater. That is completely false.

Now, looking at Booth.. acting once again under the assumption that he was the assassin we know that he did not just run to a warehouse. Instead, he jumped from the stage immediately following the slaying, made his escape on a horse, and then traveled to various different destinations over multiple days, such as a tavern owned by the Suratt family, the home of a doctor as he had injured his leg, and was finally surrounded by troops and killed 12 days later. In fact here's the route he took and when:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/mv500422ea.jpg[/atsimg]

That's hardly him merely running to a warehouse from a theater now, is it? Of course though, when these similarities come up and the "Oswald ran to a theater from a warehouse and Booth ran to a warehouse from a theater" part comes up, people always seem to miss out telling the full story...
edit on 16-7-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Some great posts! Normally I do my home work before posting, but I knew no matter what this would start a good thread. It was quite late when I got home last night and posted so I did not investigate any claims for my self, so on that note I apologies.

The wonderful thing about this "world wide web" is, you can find ANYTHING to support any side of any argument no matter how true or false.

Since the truth here will NEVER fully be known, all we can do is speculate about all the stories and pieces to the puzzle and try and come up with our own theory of what happened.

I've been trying to see just how far back the CIA go's and it was only formed in the 1940s (1947 I believe). Wiki says CIA is a private civilian organization that answers to the NSA. That I find odd, I always thought it was a department of the Government.. Hence there web URL ending with .Gov

Before the CIA was OSS (Office of Strategic Services), which was allegedly founded in 1942 and ended in 1945 to then start what is now the CIA.

Before that, American intelligence had been conducted on an "ad-hoc basis" by the various departments of the executive branch, including the State, Treasury, Navy, and War Departments. Which would make it MUCH easier for.. Rogues.. Personal Agendas, Hidden powers, to be in control.

I post this just because of my own theory as to both of them being assassinated by CIA or some other "private" or Gov. Organization. We all know the Masons/Illuminati/knights Templar... etc are the hidden powers of this world. And personally I feel that once you get high enough in the chain there all linked with the Royal Family and with every other major Role on this planet. From Judges, Lawyers, Congressmen, Senators, CEO Executives, Prime ministers, to Presidents. Most are in some "Secret Society" or another that in turn eventually can be traced back to the Royal Family. My point here is, I feel there is a "control" if you will.. For example, and I pray it doesn't happen, but if Ron Paul makes presidency, I would bet some money he would get ill and die from something mysterious or be assassinated as well. There is a "Plan", and if your not on board, you are against them. If you have power of any sort, and are against them, you will not last long.

I believe there has been a plan in place since just after the death of Jesus by a few hundred years or so.. I remember reading somewhere a while back, that the Free Masons were actually formed about 800 years after the death of Jesus. Not to be the Free Masons we think of today, they just started out as that "FREE , MASONS". They were in high demand and could travel with ease anywhere. So that being said, it makes me wonder if the "Free" "Masons" of that time were the original kings of Secrets, Spying, and espionage.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Using the term "ran to" apparently caused some misunderstanding. Oswald started in a storehouse (Book Depository) and was caught by authorities in a theatre. Booth (who certainly was the Lincoln assassin due to being seen by innumerable witnesses at Ford's Theatre) started out from a theatre, and the pursuit ended at a storehouse (Garrett's Barn), although many conspiracy theorists believe the person identified as Booth at Garrett's Barn was actually a man named James W. Boyd. Bord, like Booth, had a "JWB" tattoo).

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelanteski

Yes, I'm familiar with the story, thus my last post. My point is there was far more to it than they "ran to" said locations as initially they did not, they both went to completely separate locations, and in Booths case spanning multiple days.

There was no similarity between the two. Oswald even ran into the theater for a completely separate crime (assuming he was responsible of course).

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

This thing has been around for a long, long, long time. Not only have I read small paragraphs about it, and even page long, but I once read a whole book about this. I can not remember the name of that book. I found it interesting. I was never sure what to make of it. What are we really to make of it. That Old Abe came back for another go as JFK and again got himself killed. Perhaps it is that the tow of them just had similar thing happen. But one thing is for sure. It is interesting read,and it is interesting to read what other people make of it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
The similiarity between Lincoln and Obama is that they both said "Half the country is my enemy"........and killed Americans without a trial.

JFK didn't kill Americans. Lincoln only succeeded because he got the entire Russian Atlantic and Pacific Naval fleets in Union ports. Lincoln had Russian troops with boots on the ground in America. Those Ruskies didn't live board their ships....to dang cold. They had boots on the ground in the Civil War.

Lincoln was a monster and destroyed America, turned it into a Police State.

I have been looking into this (Lincoln and the Russians) thing, and the more I find the more disturbed I become. I have a family member who is a huge southern buff who reenacts the civil war every year. I have a date to talk with him about this next week. He says he knows quite a bit about this and said its even more disturbing then I realize.. So that will be a very interesting conversation.

top topics

join