It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truthers and Debunkers Unite.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
reply to post by hooper

what about 7/7 london 9/11 2 in 4 years i think the film of the 7/7 bombing was called the ripple effect is that enough gulf of tonkin ???

Nope. Unilaterally declaring one incident as a "false flag" to prove another one is doesn't cut it.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by psikeyhackr

Since a skyscraper must be strong enough at every level to support all of the weight above...

You really just don't understand how structures work, do you? Each level of a structure does not have to act like a building foundation. Thats why there's only one foundation. All the structural elements need only be strong enough to complete the task that the design assigns them. Thats why some walls are "bearing walls" and some are simply partition walls. Some elements have multiple task, like transferring the load of the structure above and adjacent to them to the earth or foundations and may also need to act as supports for architectual elements such as drywall and ceiling tiles. Also note that before a building can "hold itself up" it must first and foremost hold itself together. Separate elements, when cojoined, may act as a unit to acheive a loading task. Individually they may not be capable. In order to make the unit fail you do not need to destroy all the individual elements in a unit separately, you need only overwhelm the connections.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
What a weird, arrogant post.

And why would anyone bother to march in favour of the "official story"? It's widely accepted and there's no sign of that changing. Really it's truthers who ought to be marching but oddly enough they can rarely be bothered. What heroes.

Not quite true. I've seen the occasional news recording of truthers gathering to stage a public protest over the 9/11 attack. I know this becuase I notice that the protests are chock full of people wearing those black "investigate 9/11" T-shirts (the one with the magnifying glass). You know, the one that Alex Jones sells on Prison Planet for $14.95 a pop?

I'm wondering whether that's the real reason why the truthers are starting to fade away- there's only so much "truth" their wallets will allow them to buy.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

what does then .videos of one of the ALLEGED bombers in a shop 10 minutes after he was supposed to be on a train which never run ..the bbc broadcasting 9/11 in the AM . i know somebody who is videoing people who remember this time fxxx up just normal people who never thought about it till pointed out ???? to you

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

You know this thread seemed like a good idea when i posted it. But it immidiately turned into the usual.

Case in point- The Christmas bomber in Utah and the Capitol bomber in Washington were terrorists planning to murder innocent people in public places

Actually Dave your buddy alex jones talks about all of these FBI stories on his radio show.

How is this relevent to the OP's thread? It's nigh impossible to find common ground with the truthers when they're deliberately forcing everyone else to search through their feces of lies, cherry picking, quotes taken out of context, and embellishments to find the occasional undigested corn kernal of truth.

Its not... It does look like it is not possible to find common ground.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

reply to post by hooper

what about 7/7 london 9/11 2 in 4 years i think the film of the 7/7 bombing was called the ripple effect is that enough gulf of tonkin ???

I think his point was a response to the notion that 9/11 must be a false flag because there are so many false flags in the past. You can't really enlist 9/11 as proof that there have been a lot of false flags and therefore 9/11 is likely a false flag. If you see what I mean.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i dont think you thought about my post how could the bbc & others be screening 9/11 in the AM it has to be false or was it some people in caves doing it all as the goverment states i

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Cant we just get along

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

what does then .videos of one of the ALLEGED bombers in a shop 10 minutes after he was supposed to be on a train which never run ..the bbc broadcasting 9/11 in the AM . i know somebody who is videoing people who remember this time fxxx up just normal people who never thought about it till pointed out ???? to you

Huh?

Really - I don't know much about the London bombings other than what was covered on the TV and in the newspapers. But I am still pretty sure your stuff about one of the bombers is probably like the hijackers still being alive and other nonsense.

So, to repeat - unilaterally declaring one incident is a "false flag" to prove that another one is a false flag just doesn't cut it.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Cant we just get along

Where's the fun in that? Actually, almost all of us do get along, there are just a tiny collection of outiers that can't seem to understand the program.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

i dont think you thought about my post how could the bbc & others be screening 9/11 in the AM it has to be false or was it some people in caves doing it all as the goverment states i

The BBC was not screening anything about the 9/11 attacks in London when it was still in the AM in London.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

were going to play this game again O YES THEY WERE and it will be proved soon

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

reply to post by hooper

were going to play this game again O YES THEY WERE and it will be proved soon

Please, be my guest, prove away! Dying to know - exactly how do you intend to prove this? Some friend of a cousin of your brother-in-law's ex-wife was in London and he swears they were broadcasting news at 10:00am about the attacks in NYC?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Its time for this Classic.

Remember the Toe you Step on today might be the A ss you kiss tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
Actually Dave your buddy alex jones talks about all of these FBI stories on his radio show.

Of course he does. How can he not? His entire industry is literally to sell paranoia to people for financial gain so he's certainly going to make everything sound as spooky-scary as he possibly can. Let me guess- he's claiming the Christmas bomber in Utah is itself a false flag operation too in order to prop up the "official story" belief that terrorists are still out there and still meaning to attack us?

Its not... It does look like it is not possible to find common ground.

I think, deep down, you knew that before you started this thread. It really isn't any mystery as to what the "middle ground between truthers and debunkers" actually is- it's the acceptance that doubting conspiracy claims and doubting the "official story" isn't an one-or-the-other-but-not-both affair by any means. There can be coverups AS WELL AS the 9/11 attack really was an attack by islamic fundamentalists, it just means the coverups aren't as spooky-scary as the way Alex Jones is making them out to be. If you take a look at all my writings, you will note I'm already standing here at the middle ground waiting for you truthers to show up.

For there to be any middle ground it necessarily means the truthers need to reassess their own conspiracy claims and hold them up to the same level of critical analysis that they do the "official story", and we both know that's never going to happen.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister1k

Remember the Toe you Step on today might be the A ss you kiss tomorrow.

I doubt it.

Are you suggesting that at some point in the future the "truthers" will rise up and take control and I'll need to prostrate myself before them and beg forgiveness?

Again, I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Not suggesting anything at all,I think your reading into it too much.No harm No foul.That's just a general rule I live by. Do I break the rule?All the Time! Feel free to do that prostrate thing on your own.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Mister1k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

no just run of the mill people no nutters druggies or idiots as you accused me of being for bringing this up before & lots of people has said 9.30 ish in the uk they first heard about it . its a puzzle eh

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by hooper

no just run of the mill people no nutters druggies or idiots as you accused me of being for bringing this up before & lots of people has said 9.30 ish in the uk they first heard about it . its a puzzle eh

First, where did I ever accuse you of being a druggie or a nutter or an idiot? Its not a puzzle for me because it didn't happen. I can see where it may be a puzzle for you as you may be confusing reality with imagination, like when you accuse me of calling you a druggie.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

will look through my posts on this one

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join