It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truthers and Debunkers Unite.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
A lot of people are visiting The 9/11 Conspiracy theory forum. To me it shows that people still have questions and they are looking for answers. But all we do here is argue with each other for almost 11 years now. I don't know how others feel about it, but I'm sick of it.

I think we have 2 types of people in post 9/11 world. one type is the regular people who only want to live and let live, take care of their families. These group of people care about the future for their kids, they wake up in the morning and go to work. They have a goal in life and they are working hard to achieve it. These people don't want to hurt anybody and basically all they want is to be left alone so they can do what they need to do.

Then there is a group of people that also have goals in life, but they are willing to do anything to achieve their goals. They are willing to hurt other people if they get in the way. And this group knows that they need other people who are willing to hurt others in order to help them achieve their goals.

On 9/11 the first group of people did what they have been doing every day. They went to work just like they did the day before. The second group decided a long time ago that they need to kill people for whatever reason. So they hijacked airplanes and killed 3000 regular people. I think we can all agree that whoever was behind the attack were terrorists. And these terrorists are winning because they divided the first group of people into 2 groups, Debunkers vs Truthers. These two groups should not exist at all because they are the same.

So is it possible for debunkers and truthers to agree on something or has it really become a sport of arguing? Are both sides willing to agree that they are both wrong about somethings? what is the point of arguing if we won't admit that we are wrong? How long will this last?

In the beginning I was wrong about many things. You can say that I was in a way a "debunker" when I first heard that people think it was an inside job. It sounded crazy to me at the time, but then i looked into it and I debunked myself.

I thought that nobody looked for explosives in NYC, and I was wrong, i know that I was wrong because a "debunker" made me research further. And I'm sure I will find out later that I am wrong about somethings now. So to me it seems that there is no debunkers and no truthers. All of us are people helping each other to find answers to our questions.

edit on 16-7-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Its like leaving a trail of breadcrumbs behind you so when you delve into theories you can find you way back to the truth. Then the other side whilst searching for the truth finds a trail of breadcrumps that will lead them to the truth. When you find the truth you turn around to follow your breadcrumbs back so to reveil the truth, at that moment a person looks up at you after picking up the last breadcrump thinking they also have found the truth, at that point you both realise you are both lost and can never find your way out of the maze.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Sorry...I am a truther through and through...but they were not terrorists....They were criminals...nothing more...nothing less....they were only terrorists because that is what we were told to think.

I think this is the whole issue here in a sense....We forgot that this was a crime...it was made to be a terrorist attack...as i have stated in another thread...there is no war on terrorists...there is only War.

It is war that these criminals want...and it is war that they have achieved....the criminals need to be brought to justices....there are many people all over the world who are innocent being killed as we speak...ALL under the guise of terrorism.....They gave it a name...they called it a war on terror...and that has now given these criminals the unadulterated right to invade who they want when they want under this false name.

These criminals make fortunes off war...and they are using this to gain control of all resources the planet over...and we the people are letting this happen because we have been duped into thinkng this was a terrorist act...IT was nothing more than a criminal act...and until we go after the criminals behind the crime...they will continue this war.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

Terrorists are nothing more than an organised gang of criminal. And i agree with everything you said.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

And these terrorists are winning because they divided the first group of people into 2 groups, Debunkers vs Truthers. These two groups should not exist at all because they are the same.

This is probably the funniest of all the conspiracy delusions. There are not two groups. There is all of humanity and within that group there is a microscopic subset of conspiracy cultist who like to think that they are onto some big truth wherein some megaconglomerate super evil pact of power hungry uber villians is out to control the world but all the brave truthers are on to them and the game would only be up if it weren't for the dastardly henchmen of the uber villians, the debunkers. This pretty much applies to all conspiracies, but mostly to the 9/11 conspiracies.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

yes they are and the sad part is how were led to believe it was 19 box cutter wielding muslims...How could they have ever have put this across for so many people to actually believe it....I always thank the Debunkers...because they do help me to look further and deeper into it well beyond my trade...which is what led me down the road of my signature thread.....also just today when someone tried to make like the purchase and privatization of the WTC was some kind of perfectly legit business dealing....but i dont think they realized how much research i have done on the main players....

Lewis Eisenberg
George Pataki
Larry Silverman
Frank Lowry
Ronald Lauder

If they even bothered to look at their connections to each other and how they were all movers to make sure it fell securely into the hands of Mr Silverman and Frank Lowry Baffles me yet again.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

I guess you have never heard of the historical term...

DIVIDE and CONQUER then have you hooper....yes there are a great many people on the fence...also a great many people who just sign up to apathy where they just are not bothered as long as they still get to maintain their simple way of life...food for their families and a healthy paycheck every few weeks...

But there seems be be two groups that are divided...and that is truthers and debunkers is it not....the times i get the negative connotation "you Truther" yet it is just words...I believe people were duped....and are still being duped....so to expose this is not a negative thing....it is a necessary thing.

Not sure why on the debunkers side it is so important though....kinda baffles me...I mean if truthers are just a bunch of psycho lazer beam energy weapon no plane toting lot...why on this green earth would it matter to a debunker.Maybe you could answer this for me Hooper.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

I guess you have never heard of the historical term...
DIVIDE and CONQUER then have you hooper....

I've heard of it, it has absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. Its like saying there's a big debate going on about whether or not rape is OK and there are just a lot of people on the fence about it because not everyone goes around denouncing rape everyday. Nothing was divided.

yes there are a great many people on the fence...

No, there's not. There's not even evidence that there is a fence, let alone large groups of persons perched upon it waiting breathlessly for a new investigation so that they can finally draw a cogent conclusion.

also a great many people who just sign up to apathy where they just are not bothered as long as they still get to maintain their simple way of life...food for their families and a healthy paycheck every few weeks...

By "apathy" you mean rational people who don't spend their days worrying about the rantings of some cult?

But there seems be be two groups that are divided...and that is truthers and debunkers is it not....the times i get the negative connotation "you Truther" yet it is just words...I believe people were duped....and are still being duped....so to expose this is not a negative thing....it is a necessary thing.

Thats like saying that people are either in one of two groups - those that have walked on the moon and those that have not, as technically correct as that may be, it is delusionally misleading.

Not sure why on the debunkers side it is so important though....kinda baffles me...I mean if truthers are just a bunch of psycho lazer beam energy weapon no plane toting lot...why on this green earth would it matter to a debunker.Maybe you could answer this for me Hooper.

Easy answer - its fun! Really. Its just harmless fun. I get a kick out of watching people twist themselves to pieces just to massage their own sense of self grandeur.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

And these terrorists are winning because they divided the first group of people into 2 groups, Debunkers vs Truthers. These two groups should not exist at all because they are the same.

This is probably the funniest of all the conspiracy delusions. There are not two groups. There is all of humanity and within that group there is a microscopic subset of conspiracy cultist who like to think that they are onto some big truth wherein some megaconglomerate super evil pact of power hungry uber villians is out to control the world but all the brave truthers are on to them and the game would only be up if it weren't for the dastardly henchmen of the uber villians, the debunkers. This pretty much applies to all conspiracies, but mostly to the 9/11 conspiracies.

Well look at that.. A perfect example right here.. You cant even admit that they have divided conscious people. By conscious i mean those that are aware of current affairs around the world and not the playstation playing zombies.

Is there anything at all that you agree about with "truthers"?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Some people regardless of their views tend towards litigation, where they want to force their point of view unto others. If you are open minded, you can still take into account both extremes of the aisle. Just be critical of what people say and see if it holds up to scrutinity. You will have to live with the fact that some people are not interested in honest discourse and finding out what really happened is not their goal or they have an entierly different agenda, by soley focusing on Israels involvement for example, overlooking other pieces of the puzzles, like, idk, Saudi Arabias involvement. But if something somebody writes holds up to scrutinity you can still use it.
edit on 16-7-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

WAOW!!! are you that guy from the metallica video "one" who`s five sense`s don`t work anymore????

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Well look at that.. A perfect example right here.. You cant even admit that they have divided conscious people. By conscious i mean those that are aware of current affairs around the world and not the playstation playing zombies.

Well isn't that convenient? You get to dismiss anyone who doesn't care what you think as a "playstation playing zombie". Sorry. The world is conscious. They just don't agree with you, and more to the point, they don't even know you or your arguments exist. Listen, it doesn't have to be a bad thing. Just admit that you are operating in the fringe of a fringe of a fringe subset of conspiracists. It would look better, and sound more reasonable if you at least admitted to that very important little fact. But if you keep trying to promote the idea that you are legion and that the "truth" is on the edge and will soon overwhelm the powers that be then you'll never get anywhere.

Is there anything at all that you agree about with "truthers"?

Oh, I am sure there are some basics that I can stipulate to, but as to conclusions and the collection of assumptions and theories - no.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

20 years from now, when 9/11 is revealed to have been a false flag operation, we all, will be "united" in the sense that most wont be focused on this crime of the distant past, no matter how it has affected our nation. Some of us will be demanding answers for some future false flag crime against our country, while others will be be believing the official story and ridiculing those who question their government, and the media.

Much like, the "Gulf of Tonkin incident" is today is accepted by most to have been a sham to pull us into the Vietnam conflict, I would imagine 9/11 will be accepted as having been a False Flag operation to pull us into this never ending "War on Terror". But then again, the majority of us wont be discussing this ancient history, we will be "united"

Most of us interested in these topics should recognize, the "kooky conspiracy theories" of the past often become historical fact, long after the criminals are dead.

www.infowars.com...

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Well isn't that convenient? You get to dismiss anyone who doesn't care what you think as a "playstation playing zombie". Sorry. The world is conscious. They just don't agree with you, and more to the point, they don't even know you or your arguments exist

I dismiss those that dont know and dont want to know what is happening around them. To them reading a newspaper or even watch evening news is a waste of time that they can spend playing video games. I know a few of these people, and they just dont care.

Just admit that you are operating in the fringe of a fringe of a fringe subset of conspiracists

You say " operating " like I'm some kind of [as GoodolDave would say] "sinister secret agent". That's funny.
I cant admit that for two reasons.
1- it's not true.
2- i am not a sinister secret agent.

But if you keep trying to promote the idea that you are legion and that the "truth" is on the edge and will soon overwhelm the powers that be then you'll never get anywhere.

I promote nothing. All I'm doing is express my opinions, and explain what my opinions are based on.

Oh, I am sure there are some basics that I can stipulate to, but as to conclusions and the collection of assumptions and theories - no.

Can you name a few?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Was "Gulf of Tonkin incident" a kooky conspiracy theory too? or was it a false flag operations ?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914

20 years from now, when 9/11 is revealed to have been a false flag operation, we all, will be "united" in the sense that most wont be focused on this crime of the distant past, no matter how it has affected our nation. Some of us will be demanding answers for some future false flag crime against our country, while others will be be believing the official story and ridiculing those who question their government, and the media.

Much like, the "Gulf of Tonkin incident" is today is accepted by most to have been a sham to pull us into the Vietnam conflict, I would imagine 9/11 will be accepted as having been a False Flag operation to pull us into this never ending "War on Terror". But then again, the majority of us wont be discussing this ancient history, we will be "united"

Most of us interested in these topics should recognize, the "kooky conspiracy theories" of the past often become historical fact, long after the criminals are dead.

www.infowars.com...

www.amazon.com...

This is exactly how I feel too.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
reply to post by hooper

Was "Gulf of Tonkin incident" a kooky conspiracy theory too? or was it a false flag operations ?

KCT.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What about the deniers?

9/11 never happened. Get over it.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Originally posted by maxella1
reply to post by hooper

KCT.

Reichstag fire ?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
What about the deniers?

9/11 never happened. Get over it.

People who believe that are extraterrestrials..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join