It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello there!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I've been a lurker for ... I'm not sure, so let's say one year. (I know it's not more than 18 months). I've never been one to keep track of non-sense dates.

The old me:
Born and living in Wales, raised in a poor christian community. Called myself a pagan back in the day when it wasn't classed (in my area) as a religion, but that of having an interest and respecting all beliefs.

Being an only child, I'm what some people would call 'spoilt' for material things in my poor working-class area.Nothing too flashy, I just had more clothes or the 'in' toy.Thankfully, I never was spoilt, since my family taught me discipline and love.
I jumped on the rat race, started work, got married, bought a house, had children. As the years went by, I found a love for gaming. The last few years I've enjoyed playing World of Warcraft with a bit of light role-play. My gaming friends was leaving to play different genres and the game was getting boring for me so, turning off the game, I asked myself that question.....
'Is this it? Is this what life for me is all about? What's next? Why me? Why not me?'

It was the start of my roller-coaster ride....

I went on facebook to have a browse. One of the guildies shared a Terrence Mackenna video from some spiritual page. I didn't quite get it all, yet sort of knew what he was saying. I searched and came across his Timewave Zero video on youtube. Taking it with a pinch of salt, I went to bed.
The following evening, browsing on facebook, got the urge to have another look at that spiritual page and 'liked' it. The page had shared a docu-film on youtube called Human- the Film. I watched it and was so angry at seeing some truth.
All of a sudden I found myself connecting up the dots from my past, remembering stuff.
I think you know the similar drill from there on.

The new me:

I've let go of most things, so I'm sort of re-learning. I don't know anything - and what I think I know, I'm aweful at explaining and in the last few months,my spelling. (Back in the day, I was such a grammar activist XD ).I don't pick people up on their spelling anymore and in a lot of things, I don't give a capital letter. Stating a point on such matter is a waste on thought hehe.
I don't call myself pagan anymore. I think all (or the ones that I know of) lead to the same thing, just called different things.
I believe in that same thing. Be it God, the Creator, Allah, etc.

I like a variety of interests. Why I joined is to simply chat to like-minded folk and in the past, have been tempted to reply to some great threads but couldn't be aaaah at the time to join up. Truth-seeking is serious buisiness!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GrannyJones

Welcome to ATS...hope you find what you are looking for here. You sound like you will be an interesting addition to the mix.

Des

edit on 15-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Welcome....truth seeking is always in a constant state of flux....lol...I learn something new eveyday!

Shar...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

You may want to checkout the Philosophy Forum.

You're in good company, and there'll soon be others along to give you kind greetings.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thank you all for the welcome and advice

I took a while to write that post, so I need to get some sleep. I will definately be back tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it all. I appreciate your welcomes. My apologies for posting and running off for a few hours. I'm not like that, honest

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hello and welcome ! I hope to see you around here often. There's so much to explore here, and many nice and interesting characters to meet.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Welcome to you, glad you decided to take the plunge!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's nice to see people from all walks of life here

What is equivalent to a 'like' or acknowledgement on here please? A star or flag?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It's a star. You will find them in the upper left corner of everyone's post. (However, there are no stars in the Introductions forum, nor in the Board and Business Questions forum.) If you have further questions, be sure to post in the BBQ!

Simply put, stars are given for quality posts, and flags are for quality threads. Your intro thread can be flagged, and if you notice, you have 4 flags already.

Hope that helps!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Oh aye - I see them *cheer*
Thanks for the info

I'm on my 4th post
I'l be using those features more than replying.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Although, like I said earlier, I was keen on replying to some threads that caught my eyes in the past so it's best to get these 20 posts out of the way.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

welcome bro! enjoy your time!

top topics

join