It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. cities eye plan to seize mortgages

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Another way to redistribute wealth also. And the government confiscating wealth to pay it's debt...alternate to tax, more useful to them.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Another way to redistribute wealth also. And the government confiscating wealth to pay it's debt...alternate to tax, more useful to them.

Yep, you are right on that as well.

It is really sad to see this happening.

I think these evil bastards really want for a section of Americans to rise against them... And I think I know why they want this.

Do you guys remember the interview from the FBI agent who infiltrated weatherunderground?

Here is the video. I recommend everyone to watch it.

Now, these people who were part of the weatherunderground are part of the elites today.

Could this be the reason why they are pushing us? So that those of us who will rise against them will do so now and they can "eliminate us" as quick as possible?

edit on 16-7-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Holding/owning the mortgage means they own the house...it is one and the same. When you have a mortgage, the holder of the mortgage is the real owner....you are basically renting to own until you pay it off. So, it is a very bad idea.

Bad enough for the banks to own your house.....imagine the government owning it? They can kick you out without the foreclosure time I would think.
This is exactly the point I was trying to make concerning my initial impressions. The article never addressed which entity would assume legal authority over the titles of the affected property. It would be natural to assume that the apparently designated financial institutions would gain legal authority over said property. Once again may I point to this section of the article

"This is not a bunch of Wall Street guys sitting around saying, 'How do we make money?'" he said. "This was a bunch of Wall Street guys sitting around saying, 'How do you solve this problem?'"
Now my original comment comparing wall street guys to child molesters may have been a bit harsh, but the point I was trying to make was that they both are types of predators. Anytime you put certain types of people in certain situations they will take advantage of it, it's in their nature.If the government takes legal authority over said property they most certainly will rework the contract over with the debtors. Any time government negotiates a contract with an entity which has a weak bargaining position it will place numerous stipulations while retaining all legal right to do as they see fit. This usually includes termination of the contract.Cases like these (property) that get taken to court are almost always about monetary compensation, not whether government has the authority to the rights of the property. If I remember correctly that is how Judge Andrew Napolitano explained it to a tee.So with the backing of the people (because of the prospect of a cheaper cost of living) the government could possibly seize these properties from these financial institutions all the while retaining all legal authority through the reworked contracts with the debtors.Now all this may be a bit hyperbolic and outrageous, and I would tend to agree. But history has shown that very rarely does any entity do anything to the benefit of the common people out of the kindness of their hearts.
edit on 16-7-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

It seems very few Americans care about this...

And this is the reason why tptb keep doing all tjhis crap, because the myority of Americans won't do anything until they tv and beer is taken away...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
GD and Electric, I agree with both of you. I have seen that video of the agent before and it is definitely happening, no doubt about it. Heck we elected their manchurian candidate into office for gosh sake.

And yes, government does nor do things for the good of the people like bleeding hearts like to believe, it;s all about control.

People beware. It's always funny how the same people who are so anti-government when it comes to military, police, and corporate/government relationships, just love the government when they think they are getting free stuff...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join