It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are now smarter than men? IQ results

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

It's the last leg of the women's rights movement.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well, I realise the futility in how I was approaching those "needs" I don't know that I would call them "values"....I would call it working with the "tools" one has at the time....we can "rationalize" things for only so long...this is a subject I have done some "soul searching" on.......to be sure.......

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Hey, if nothing else, the women sure do like that I posted the news story!!!

....Are the women gathering beneath your window singing your praises?

Irregardless of the content - it seems that so much in media these days sets the stage for a divisive, and perhaps even heated and emotional, conflict. It's as refreshing as a cool breeze that the responses have not stirred the pot, as it were. Perhaps it's just the ATS side of me, but I can't help but wonder what the intentions of media are whenever an article like this comes to light. It's as if, by design, the authors wanted people to do a drive-by, then get all up in a lather and proceed to pick a "side".

When a study is published that proves human beings are becoming more intelligent as a species instead of less, I will celebrate.

*nod* Ladies. *nod* Gentlemen.

edit on 7/16/2012 by HolographicPrincipal because: add drivel

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Captain obvious says

Haven't we known this since the beginning of time? Men go chase after large beasts and women stay inside the cave and stoke the fire. Who do you think is smarter?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HolographicPrincipal

It's the same intention as ATS has.

1. run in

2. smash pinata

3. grab candy

4. run away

In other words they just want ratings and attention in the ever more competative media world. Since this thread exists, they got candy.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
IQ is only part of someone's intelligence. Im currently reading a book about emotional intelligence by Daniel Goleman who is basicly asserting that E.I in overlooked in society. Someone with a high I.Q can be academicly brilliant but socially a disaster. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants insight into the brain and human nature.

But on topic, i dont believe there is a smarter sex. People have different qualities to them and they should be celebrated

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Women ain't the smarterest than men are....there brains is alot smaller and they do stupid stuff like
waxing they're bikinis and looking in the mirror all the time,

Men are the best at smartness cause we no how to do importent stuff

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm more inclined to believe this:

Sorry, men ARE more brainy than women (and more stupid too!) It's a simple scientific fact, says one of Britain's top dons

For not only is the average man more intelligent than the average woman but also a clear and rather startling imbalance emerges between the sexes at the high levels of intelligence that the most demanding jobs require. For instance, at the near-genius level (an IQ of 145), brilliant men outnumber brilliant women by 8 to one. That's statistics, not sexism.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
Men go chase after large beasts

...I seriously read this as "large breasts". Equally appropriate, no?

ETA: It appears the situation I spoke of in my previous post is bubbling to the surface...

edit on 7/16/2012 by HolographicPrincipal because: formatting

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Like drink beer. Or stronger spirits.

...that Popov kicked my posterior to the ground last weekend. Oh, but it was beautiful, until I became so dehydrated I couldn't stop drinking water.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Neither you all have to be idiots to fight over this. It is how you were raise. IQ tests are rather a joke(Do not believe in it, it is there to waste your time). They only test mostly math, not physical.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My reaction to this is the same as Peter's reaction in this video.

Seriously, though, who gives a rat's behind which gender is more intelligent? Don't scientists have more important things to do? Like figure out how to do FTL traveling possible, or making tastier beer?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You want to know one of the many reasons I reject the frivolous IQ test concept? No, not because of my score, because if my score mattered in any way possible, it would actually "lend authority" to my post right now.

But what really bothers me about the little known origins of this entire concept of comparing each other as if intellect were inherently a genetic trait rather than a developable trait, is rooted in highly ignorant and racist ideals held by eugenicists in the 19th century.

Extremely arrogant and vicious individuals who would justify invasions and subjugation and resource extraction of entire continents...

Read this link and see who one of the originators of biometric statistics and testing was, (well at least he aided in further developing various techniques) Francis Galton. He was actually quite a disturbed individual.

This guy apparently thought he was the most superior specimen ever, most likely a feeling increased by the social structure he was in at the time, the upper class of the 19th Century.

However the ultimate irony of the whole entire ordeal with this particular guy is, he believed himself to be this superior being compared to most other humans, genetically....but he was married for 43 years and never had a child. Very ironic actually...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Women are now smarter than men? IQ results,

IT IS NO WAY IN THE BLOODY GALAXY THAT A WOMAN’S IQ IS GREATER THEN A MANS IQ, THIS IS ABSURD, ITS BLASPHEMY TO EVEN THINK THAT IT IS POSSIBLE.

YOU WOULD HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF SEEING JESUS OR SHAKING HANDS WITH AN ALIEN BEFORE THIS ‘EVENT HORIZON’ WOULD HAPPEN.

SHOULDN’T THIS THREAD BE IN THE JOKES AND PRANKS…THE FREAKIN... GREY AREA...OR THE BLOODY HOAX SECTION.

THE ONLY IQ ,A WOMAN HAS THAT’S GREATER THAN MANS, IS THE IQ OF BEING 'SNEAKY' AND DOING DEVIOUS THINGS, AND NOT GETTING CAUGHT ,OTHER THAN THAT. GET IN THE KITCHEN AND COOK ME SOMETHING TO EAT OR GO IN THE BEDROOM AND MAKE THE BED UP AND GET THE ALCOHOL CAUSE ME FEET HURT…THEY NEED RUBBING…AND THEN GO RUN MY BATH WATER LIKE A GOOD WOMAN SUPPOSE TO DO.

THE ONLY IQ A WOMAN NEEDS IS AN IQ TO UNDERSTAND HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THERE MAN…PERIOD!

edit on 16-7-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Women ain't the smarterest than men are....there brains is alot smaller and they do stupid stuff like
waxing they're bikinis and looking in the mirror all the time,

Men are the best at smartness cause we no how to do importent stuff

Eye here ya! I iz purdy dern smert!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolographicPrincipal

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
Men go chase after large beasts

...I seriously read this as "large breasts". Equally appropriate, no?

ETA: It appears the situation I spoke of in my previous post is bubbling to the surface...

edit on 7/16/2012 by HolographicPrincipal because: formatting

Until you pointed it out, that's what I thought it said too!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

so.... you're single right?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolographicPrincipal

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Hey, if nothing else, the women sure do like that I posted the news story!!!

....Are the women gathering beneath your window singing your praises?

edit on 7/16/2012 by HolographicPrincipal because: add drivel

See, I'm much smarter than I look!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

That's not saying a lot, considering we don't know how you look. If we were to discuss your typing skills, however...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

You, sir, are a pig. Plain and simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join