It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are now smarter than men? IQ results

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by PurpleChiten

1) Even so, the current IQ model, though decent, doesn't account for all the factors of intelligence.

2) We've examples all through history of artistic geniuses that were and in legacy still are considered artistic geniuses, but, in every other aspect and application of life show serious challenges.

1) Which is why I don't take much stock in those tests. That, and what that test insinuates to me at least is that us men need to realize, from the results of that test, that the majority of the women we meet are going to be smarter than us. What I don't understand is what are we going to do with that information? In other words, what use is that information to us? Is knowing this beforehand more useful to us then figuring it out on our own?

Oh, that's right, I forgot......we're stupid....we can't figure it out on our own.

2) Case in point right here. I know how to structure an article that would make Shakespeare feel inferior, but I'm more socially retarded then what people give me credit for. I've learned to wing it. (Prove me wrong) Let's just say I'm on a different level from my peers and leave it at that.

In the end though, tests like this don't really say much because it all comes down to the company you keep. If we, for example, were to hang out I'd probably find that you're an intellectual equal to me in all aspects simply because of the way you seem to articulate your thoughts. But that's only one side of a person. To me, the way a person is socially and emotionally is just as important, if not more so, than their intellect. AndIfeel that way because I see myself as being socially inferior to other people. In other words, I don't really care too much how smart a person is, but rather, how do they use that intelligence socially and how do they tie it in with their emotions? To me, all of that says more about a person then their IQ because if you can be a well rounded person withallof those aspects, if you can tie them all together seamlessly, then you're a smart person.

And from what I've seen of people so far, if they can do it at all, most women can do it better then men.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
These results are WRONG. There is no way on earth that these results can possibly be right. Intelligence is linked to height, women are significantly shorter than me, therefore women are less intelligent by that fact, generally speaking.

Every inch of height means your IQ will be up by 0.4 points!

Interestingly, a woman of 5'9 on avreage will be smarter than a man of 5'9. So when measured off, women do in fact have the average edge on intelligence. But women generally are much shorter than men, and thus generally less intelligent.

This test would have to be purposefully flawed or corrupted in some way to get the results it has gotten. Because from what I can see they aren't even taking height into context, they're just saying that the average woman(who is short) is more intelligent than the average man (who is about 5'11)...... that's bollocks

Nothing against the ladies, it's just a height thing. You compare a group of men who are 5'6 to a group of men who are 5'10 and the short lot lose. Women are short, unfortunately for you.

Of course, that has to be correct!! We all know that the asian population is much, much taller than any other population and they have the highest IQ, so it HAS to be true!!! The taller folks are better warriors too! Just look at how Goliath whipped up on that tiny little David! Heck, height is EVERYTHING. Why didn't they take that into consideration I wonder??
Musta been a bunch of short people who did the study or something....

(sure hoping the other member was being completely sarcastic and silly too or this is going to be AWKWARD for him!!!!
)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Women have always been smarter than man - and I can prove it.

How many of you are married? See? They got to you !

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
With the amount of dumbing down and "metrosexualising" of men this doesn't suprise me one bit. Although to be honest I couldn't give a hoot about which sex is supposedly more or less intelligent than the other. Male & female are built to compliment each other. Men can't live without women and women can't live without men. Men tend to be good in fields where a high degree of abstract thought and/or logical reasoning are required, and women generally have superior social skills and beat men when it comes to keeping people happy and well organised. You can't run a company with zero people skills, and you also can't run it with zero technical ability, so it all evens out in the end.

although the sentiment is good.... not really. I read a LOT of educational research and news. The girls and boys were considered "equal" in math/science back in 2008, the girls have now surpassed the boys. Women have now surpassed men in college enrollment. New college freshmen are showing an increase in the number of women and a decrease in the number of men going into math and science and it's teetering toward a "woman's field" now.
This has been coming for a few decades now, inching up very slowly and I've watched it happen. Academically, scientifically, women are starting to surpass men as far as the statistics we gather.

If we look at it from a different perspective, not scientific or statistically..... a lot of sources have been saying that we're changing from a patriarical society to a matriarical society. The human population has varied between the two since the dawn of time and it's shifting to the female side now.

Luckily, women do have a different emotional IQ and don't flourish on subduing others and don't have the need/desire to be considered superior for the most part so we can at least look forward to ideas of equality as opposed to being 'repaid' for several generations of subjugation... or we can only hope.

As a society, it's just a darn good thing women don't have testosterone in abundance or we'd be in DEEP!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outofcontrol
Finally its official!

Thanks... now, can the woman go to work and all that jazz while just I stay home playing on my ps3 and pc games all day? Please? Oh and watch the us open without stupid interruptions like "what does LET mean?"

I'm tired of having responsibilities... let the new alpha emerge while I... well... watch. If I can... I'm revisiting torchlight since diablo 3 sucks so... I may be busy. But please use all that genius. Its fine by me. Now just prove that men are incapable of working... please! Women are so much better.

Really.

Now you're seeing the "bright side" !!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
eww i hate how all this "reverse sexism(?)" is now ok.

And i have to question the 'study' the way how the guy throws out explanations for the changes are so subjective.

Men and women have different brain structures and wiring. untill women are fully equal and brought up in a environment that reflects that we will never truly know who is the more intelligent sex.

My personal opinion is that no sex is more intelligent then the other.
One year we could have the most intelligent human(women) ever recorded.
A decade later a man beats that score. now does that mean men are smarter? No because years later a women could come along and beat him.

Honestly from my experience though it seems that girls/women are more easily manipulated(used) then men.
The amount of timea i've seen a seemingly intelligent girl being played by a guy(normally much older) is countless.
It always confused me!
End of the day IQ tests are unreliable and just seem to cause trouble.

edit on 16-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Uh huh. Now compare the average IQ scores of Whites and African Americans and let's see you backtrack on their validity like a rabbit running from a fox. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!

I love it how someone has to immediatel turn this into a racial feuled argument. The contention here is that socio-economic factors (social and economic factors), as well as political and cultural factors have kept women behind men for a very long time. This can be seen by the lack of womens suffrage in the late 1800's early 1900's across the world, the lack of womens education and the many other factors that are still prevelant in poor, developing and what some call "backwards" countries.

Now that many of these factors have been eliminated, particularly in the developed and western world, women have finally caught up and surpassed men. However, many of these socio-economic factors persist amongst the African community and in Africa in general, indicating that there would be no proof that white European, Asian, or Eurasian people are any smarter due to biological factors that Africans. Perhaps there are biological factors which we haven't found, but an IQ survey wouldn't be an accurate measure due to socio-economic factors which hold back Africans and African Americans.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Exactly. It comes down to the individual, not a group of a particular gender, race, height, hair color or any other physical characteristic that people are so hung up on making.

I do think women are more empathetic and more capable of not becoming raging sexists than men are and perhaps this will be the breakdown of that horrible line of thought we've dealt with for so long.

Sexism is wrong regardless of which side it's coming from (although women do have the right to use it at this point after generations of subjugation based on false information). Racism is wrong regardless of which side it's coming from. Up to 50 years ago, blacks were treated pretty horribly. For the past few decades, "reverse racism" has grown significantly and society is starting to feel the results of it and doesn't like it. It's well past time to do away with the "isms" in all their shapes and forms.

I do accept that as far as civilization as a whole goes, it's probably the turn of white men to suffer the brunt instead of all the benefit, but really hope that doesn't happen and we're able to move past it as a society to prevent that from happening.

It's a shame to have to pay for the "sins of the father", but it is possible that the bill may come due.... Instead of putting all our effort and energy into "fighting it", we'd better be putting our effort and energy into "overcoming it" and putting the "isms" behind us before we find ourselves on the short end of the stick!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I think you misunderstood him. Im under the impression he meant that basically IQ test aren't worth a damn. Obviously race doesn't play a card in intelligence. But because IQ tests are so biased that if you if you think of them as accurate you would also have to accept the completely unintelligent stance that race does play a role.
IMO that is.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I think you misunderstood him. Im under the impression he meant that basically IQ test aren't worth a damn. Obviously race doesn't play a card in intelligence. But because IQ tests are so biased that if you if you think of them as accurate you would also have to accept the completely unintelligent stance that race does play a role.
IMO that is.

It's not so much that the tests are biased that society has been biased. The tests are just basic, scientific models that measures dependent upon the society within which it is used. Society is becoming less biased so the "barriers" that were arbitrarily put into place are being toppled ad the truth of "equality" as far as basic ability is coming forward and it's not based on gender, race, height, eye color or anything else.

100 years ago, men scored higher because men are the ones who were sent to school, educated and encouraged. 50 years ago, whites scored higher than blacks beacause whites were more educated and encouraged. When all the social barriers are removed, theh IQ test would indicated equality across all the arbitrary groups that had been set up.

There's not really anything wrong with the tests (other than perhaps the wording of questions that require communication in the form), but with the society that is being tested and the results are a reflection of society, not a reflection of the test. People need to realize what, exactly, IQ is. It's a measurement of ability based on intellect, social interaction and problem solving in a given situation. The general IQ test (the professional ones, not those stupid internet ones that marks everybody in the 130's and convince those taking them they are 'smart') measures the ability of a person based on the norms of society at that time.

100 years ago, it was a very male oriented society, men scored higher. Today, it's less of a gender-centric society so gender isn't showing as a dividing factor. When it becomes a non-racial-centric society, race won't show as a dividing factor. IQ tests measure not only an individual's ability, but gives a snapsot of the society in which we exist if we look at the largest sample size we can find.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

You completely right
2nd

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Now we should get equal pay in the work force!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
To me .. women dont need to be smart when they can just cheat/divorce their male counterparts and get on the government doll....

Im feeling quite feisty today
edit on 16-7-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
Now we should get equal pay in the work force!

(Spluttering on my cup of tea)..............

Equal pay? Women are smaller than men, therefore pay should be less!

You are in so much trouble when your man gets home and realises you haven't been doing the housework!

Seriously though, not really a surprise is it? Even early man recognised this - women stayed home and organised things, men went out to hunt. In other words, womankind utilised brains, mankind utilised brawn.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Intelligent women are a massive turn on for me. But the only ones i seem to meet are morons. Where to flind these women that are smarter than men?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later I guess...

now.msn.com...

For all the ladies out there who've always had a sneaky suspicion they are smarter than men, we have an affirming piece of news for you: Women's IQ scores have surpassed men for the first time in recorded history. Although females have traditionally lagged behind on IQ scores -- at times trailing the guys by five points -- the gap has been closing, and leading expert James Flynn says the new test challenges former beliefs about genetic differences. One theory is that juggling work and kids has made women better multi-taskers, thus raising IQ. Another theory is women have a slightly higher potential intelligence that is only now being realized due to modernity

Thats because beer has become a lot cheaper.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Intelligent women are a massive turn on for me. But the only ones i seem to meet are morons. Where to flind these women that are smarter than men?

We're the ones who prefer to live without one, sorry.

No, really...I was just kidding. Although I am single at the moment, ha ha.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Uh huh. Now compare the average IQ scores of Whites and African Americans and let's see you backtrack on their validity like a rabbit running from a fox. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!

The IQ gap is getting smaller there as well...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Women are better at multi tasking.
Men are better at things requiring a lot of focus.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Who cares if women are 'smarter' than men?! They aren't stronger, faster, wiser nor they can't endure longer. Many things a man can do...women can't, but there's only 1 thing women CAN DO that men can't and that's have babies. God didn't create woman, so she could be 'smarter' than man. She was created to HELP her man....AND have babies. Anything other than that....fits into their (TPTB) agenda.

Imagine this: imagine if both species actually USED their friggin' brains, TOGETHER!!

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join