It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are now smarter than men? IQ results

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinityHe was invited to join MENSA. If you don't know, look it up. Very few get in.

Im sorry i just had to say that anyone that brags about MENSA and feel the need to bring it up are not very intelligent. Sure you have to pass a test to get in. But if you've ever been in one of these meetings and know what they do. You would come to the conclusion that for people who have high IQs they spend alot of time being 'socially dumb' and completing hard sodoku puzzles

Obviously IQ doesn't mean successes or happiness.
edit on 16-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
I honestly assumed that women were smarter than men since childhood.

i remember quite clearly that girls outperformed guys in school in general.

Well, in primary and secondary school, the usual issue is that boys are less disciplined and more willfull, and possibly that on average they devote less time to schoolwork on account of playing sports. Outperforming in school takes more than IQ, personality and character matters.

If you go to a high-end university you won't see this gap.

Research shows that men have wider variability. More of the total screwups are men (low IQ combined with low emotional impulse control---in prison) and more of the total geniuses are men.
edit on 16-7-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

LMFAO

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleepwalk7
reply to post by PurpleChiten

When men outscore women on IQ tests (or almost anything for that matter), then it is because women were/are oppressed--or because IQ tests discriminate against women.

When women outscore men on IQ tests, then it is genetic.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the day when men can sit at home, clean the house, etc., while the superior women work long hard hours innovating and progressing human civilization, fight my wars, and protect my neighborhood. I can't wait.

Meh... me too!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by annunaki3

Quite interesting...Although one thing continues to bother me up to the present day, and that is, how on earth can a mere human of moderate or greater intelligence create a system of measuring intellect that is possibly beyond his own mental comprehension? This is where the development of the IQ testing falls short, in my humble opinion...You cannot guage or measure what you cannot comprehend, it's that simple. The Stanford Binet test were more than likely developed by a think tank, of sorts, and that leaves to many variables and possibilities for error.

In reality, psychometrics is pretty advanced by now and it isn't arbitrary.

IQ is the empirical phenomenon that on a wide variety of cognitive tasks (but not all), individual people tend to either do well on many, or do poorly on many.

Technically think of something like largest 'principal component' (en.wikipedia.org...) or "factor" on performance on subtasks.

Note that things did not have to work that way. E.g. outside of clear biological deficiencies and profound illnesses, it could have been the case that performing well on linguistic analogies had no predictive power to performing well on numerical sequence completion. However, it does.

Note that of course by now the selection of items on an IQ test has been adjusted to include that particular subset. For instance, there could be many other aspects to brain performance, e.g. recognizing emotions in faces, catching a fly ball, hearing pitch intervals or distinguishing tones, which do not correlate well with the other aspects of IQ (or 'g' as used in professional literature).

And of course it measures very little about personality, emotion and discipline which are important for success, but it is predictive of life outcomes to a significant degree.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleepwalk7

the IQ test showed our intelligence... NOT stupidity... you can keep working and fighting wars and all that... I am smart enough to allow you to take very good care of me

by the way... can you please pick up some milk on your way home? We are almost out!

edit on 16-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: by the way....

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

"Now smarter"? I'm pretty sure they always have been. They've just been also more merciful in allowing us to believe we were.

You're probably right!!

It's a shame that there are so many folks out there that get defensive and attackful.

As for the reason this kind of research is needed, they need only look at their own reaction to it. It really doesn't matter if one arbitrarily chosen group dependent on gender, race, hair color, eye color, height, weight, accent, shoe size, whether they wear socks or not, what color underwear they have on if any, scores a higher or lower average than an opposing group.

Intelligence has to do with an individual. For centuries, white men have enjoyed playing the "subjugator" and thinking he was at the top of the mountain and trying to crush all others beneath his feet. That's not the way it should have been then and it's not the way it should be now regardless of who the "group" is on top of the mountain. We are NOT determined by something as simplistic as gender or race or any of the other crap, we are determined by our own actions and reactions and what we are and do as individuals.

People still aren't "getting it" and I suppose there are some who never will.

.....at least there's a few of us who 'get it" !

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolographicPrincipal
reply to post by Gauss

....Yes! Thank you for recognizing this.

Unity=yay!
Division=boo!

Once people realize that the focus is being misplaced and that division is wielded as the ultimate weapon, we may actually make some progress.

I'm with ya dude!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

the IQ test showed our intelligence... NOT stupidity... you can keep working and fighting wars and all that... I am smart enough to allow you to take very good care of me

by the way... can you please pick up some milk on your way home? We are almost out!

She's got a point dude!!! Wouldn't the smarter group be the group who didn't go do all the fighting and physical labor and "stupid" stuff?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Good point!!!! I've got an IQ plenty damned high to be a part of MENSA. BUt you know what. I figured that I'm smart enough to know that I don't need to pay $300 a year in membership dues to be told I'm smart. Seriously, MENSA is a joke.

As for women being smarter than men. I was always lead to believe through biology class that female humans were always slightly smarter than men. In certain categories and vise versa. Women have better social skills. they are the more social of the species. So of course if the test is measuring some aspect of interpreting human behavior and communication the girls are going to win. As for me I am confounded by IQ tests.

I take two real ones at separate times in my life. once as a kid and again as a young adult and my IQ is 172. Take one of those online tests and my IQ turns out to be 85. Which would make me slightly retarded. So i'm not too sure about IQ tests determining intelligence. Besides. read half my posts here at ATS. It casts some serious doubt on an IQ of 172. So who knows with this whole IQ crap.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
reply to post by Bixxi3

Good point!!!! I've got an IQ plenty damned high to be a part of MENSA. BUt you know what. I figured that I'm smart enough to know that I don't need to pay $300 a year in membership dues to be told I'm smart. Seriously, MENSA is a joke.

As for women being smarter than men. I was always lead to believe through biology class that female humans were always slightly smarter than men. In certain categories and vise versa. Women have better social skills. they are the more social of the species. So of course if the test is measuring some aspect of interpreting human behavior and communication the girls are going to win. As for me I am confounded by IQ tests.

I take two real ones at separate times in my life. once as a kid and again as a young adult and my IQ is 172. Take one of those online tests and my IQ turns out to be 85. Which would make me slightly retarded. So i'm not too sure about IQ tests determining intelligence. Besides. read half my posts here at ATS. It casts some serious doubt on an IQ of 172. So who knows with this whole IQ crap.

I put my money on the professionally administered ones, so if they said you're 172, then you're 172. (which DOES beat me and mine's pretty darn high)
I agree with you on paying the dues and wasn't about to put out money to hang out with boring people. I was young and liked the ego boost, but after the first year, I said "forget it".
edit on 16-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

I'm with ya dude!

....Dudette....

*strokes chin while gazing upward*
Where's the follow up study that says because of this study, women are now paid the same amount for the same job?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The reason men do stupid stuff is because of our stupid masculine standards. We have to prove we can withstand all manner of idiotic abuse, because how else is the woman supposed to feel safe?

...wait a second, whatever happened to equality? Lawyers, doctors, even BODYBUILDERS!! They want their rights, they can fend for themselves, just like us! They say they're strong, independent citizens, so why force us to bear the burden of both parties?

This is why I dislike feminism. It's just freeloading because they have an aesthetically pleasing anatomy.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This thread is stupid. Men are not better than women. Women are not better than men. Our values as individuals are all the same. We are equal. Everyone should be treated the same. You should not judge or treat someone differently because they are a man. You should not treat women different because they are female. End dumb threads like these where male chauvinists and feminazis come out and name call and try to shove their ideals down their throat. It's called being a good person. IQ does not judge an individuals merit or future success. You want to be fair? Stop forcing women to work at home or work secretary jobs unless they choose to do so. Stop pretending chivalry exists. You shouldn't expect someone to pay for your meal because you are female or male. Whichever. So children. Let's grow up a little and stop name calling and generalising. We are humans, we are the same, we along with the world is just one giant organism. So let's work together and be better to ourselves and to others. Fact is we can't continue life without the other sex. In the end love drives us all. It makes us dream, have ambitions, etc. continue to be a good person and don't let those dumb#s influence your temperament and disposition. Hold yourself above all others in behaviour and people will follow. By holding yourself I meant by composure, your actions, what you say. Don't let a chauvinist or feminazi affect you. Realise we are equal and stop this nonsense. In the end news articles like this are made to drive hate. As Bill and Ted said "be excellent to each other"

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yet to see a woman president.....

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

She's got a point dude!!! Wouldn't the smarter group be the group who didn't go do all the fighting and physical labor and "stupid" stuff?

Not only do men do all the fighting, labor, and "stupid" stuff, but they also do all the science, math, etc. Compared to men, women are practically useless. Women are only good for looking at, making babies, etc. And I'm being completely serious. The pioneers and top performers for almost every subject are comprised of mostly men.
edit on 16-7-2012 by Sleepwalk7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolographicPrincipal

I'm with ya dude!

....Dudette....

*strokes chin while gazing upward*
Where's the follow up study that says because of this study, women are now paid the same amount for the same job?

Ooops, sorry Dudette!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr
This thread is stupid. Men are not better than women. Women are not better than men. Our values as individuals are all the same. We are equal. Everyone should be treated the same. You should not judge or treat someone differently because they are a man. You should not treat women different because they are female. End dumb threads like these where male chauvinists and feminazis come out and name call and try to shove their ideals down their throat. It's called being a good person. IQ does not judge an individuals merit or future success. You want to be fair? Stop forcing women to work at home or work secretary jobs unless they choose to do so. Stop pretending chivalry exists. You shouldn't expect someone to pay for your meal because you are female or male. Whichever. So children. Let's grow up a little and stop name calling and generalising. We are humans, we are the same, we along with the world is just one giant organism. So let's work together and be better to ourselves and to others. Fact is we can't continue life without the other sex. In the end love drives us all. It makes us dream, have ambitions, etc. continue to be a good person and don't let those dumb#s influence your temperament and disposition. Hold yourself above all others in behaviour and people will follow. By holding yourself I meant by composure, your actions, what you say. Don't let a chauvinist or feminazi affect you. Realise we are equal and stop this nonsense. In the end news articles like this are made to drive hate. As Bill and Ted said "be excellent to each other"

Actually, that's basically what most of us have been saying....

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleepwalk7
Not only do men do all the fighting, labor, and "stupid" stuff, but they also do all the science, math, etc. Compared to men, women are practically useless. Women are only good for looking at, making babies, etc. And I'm being completely serious. The pioneers and top performers for almost every subject are comprised of mostly men.
edit on 16-7-2012 by Sleepwalk7 because: (no reason given)

You're either very young, very stupid or both

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join