It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharma criminality no longer a conspiracy theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

The thing that bothers me is that this is common knowledge among my circle of friends, (Has been to me over a decade now) and also is to almost anyone who has to take ethics in university (as they cite cases like this in study).

So my question is:

Why is it a shock to anyone? This whole idea of "waking up" does not seem like waking up at all. Because before I left high school these things were popping up and by mid 20s it seemed common knowledge. What the hell are people paying attention to if they don't know things like this that are very mainstream?

And, it's sad that you were lured in by NN but also refreshing to hear you have a proper opinion on it now. It is unfortunate so many people can't do what you did when being exposed to that kind of nonsense.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't think think the fraud is so much a shock because it's happening, I think it's a shock because of the continuing occurrences with increasing shadiness. People tend to think that if the Big Dogs get caught, then they're going to shape up & the lies, the falsifications stop. They don't, that's what people are slowly realizing, and that's partly because our justice system is flawed. We need to start holding the people within the companies giving the green light on these practices responsible for these exaggerations, frauds, et al before anything really starts to slow in frequency (or stop entirely--longshot, I know) Many are under the impression that we already do this, when we do not. We fine the company as a whole, and are done with it. A punitive financial punishment solves nothing with pockets this deep.
edit on 7/16/2012 by Nyiah because: Clarification.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Or perhaps it's engrained in human nature. Punishment has done little to curb the criminality among common people. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many people locked up in the US and so many people lining up to do the same.

Perhaps we need an entire shift in values and law.

I will say though, if citizens are being locked in jail for criminal cases, corporations should be the same. Small corporations often see the CEO or higher ups end up with jail terms, but of course it would never happen to a blue chip company. I don't believe the justice system is supposed to be tiered. Is it?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

The story about GlaxoSmithKline is TRUE

www.bbc.co.uk...

The drug giant is to plead guilty to promoting two drugs for unapproved uses and failing to report safety data about a diabetes drug to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

The story about Merck is as yet unconfirmed.

They are being sued but have not yet been to court (innocent until proven guilty folks)

nhne-pulse.org...

The story about Pfizer is True

www.mlive.com...

However, again, the case has not yet been brought to court

However, www.guardian.co.uk...

They have already been found guilty of other criminal activities

Always question where you are getting information from. Lies can be perceived as truth when they are often repeated. But that doesn't make it the truth.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
What's with all the anti capitalist corporations and banks in our country?
Don't they believe in Free and Fair Competition anymore?

How can any citizen that supports capitalism support these criminal corporations and financial sectors is beyond me.

ya know...

the more I read real history..

the more I believe there never was a free & fair capitalist market..

"Competition is a sin" - John D. Rockefeller

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Found other sources for the Merck story.

From www.nasdaq.com

Lawsuit Claims Merck Overstated Mumps Vaccine Effectiveness

Two former Merck & Co. Inc. (MRK) employees have sued the company in federal court alleging Merck overstated the effectiveness of a mumps vaccine for which the U.S. government paid hundreds of millions of dollars.

[snip]

Merck introduced the first vaccine 45 years ago, and since the 1970s it's been part of a combination product that also immunizes children against rubella and measles. According to the lawsuit--filed by former Merck virologists Stephen Krahling and Joan Wlochowski--the company allegedly defrauded the U.S. for more than a decade by hiding the fact the vaccine had become less effective.

An unfortunately a sad but true fact is, the first place you wil find news like above is on financial news websites. When it comes to drug companies, always look there first.

Also another link... courthousenews.com (More detailed)

Class Says Merck Lied About Mumps Vaccine

PHILADELPHIA (CN) - Merck has known for a decade that its mumps vaccine is "far less effective" than it tells the government, and it falsified test results and sold millions of doses of "questionable efficacy," flooding and monopolizing the market, a primary caregiver claims in a federal antitrust class action.
Alabama-based Chatom Primary Care sued Merck on Monday, the week after the unsealing of a False Claims Act complaint two relators filed in 2010.
Those relators, Stephen Krahling and Joan Wlochowski, were Merck virologists who claim in their unsealed complaint that they "witnessed firsthand the improper testing and data falsification in which Merck engaged to artificially inflate the vaccine's efficacy findings."

OiO

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Maybe the debunkers wont read this and continue getting their vaccines. Progress happens one death at a time...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

I also believe that all cancer treatments should be free along with MS, and diabetes. The cure would be found in 2 or 3 days. We have been paying billions into charities, government grants, endowments, university donated research labs and time; then why are we still doing the same treatments that we were doing in 1960's? Why are treatments soooo expensive? The doctors say ask the pharma, which then say it is because of the cost of research. The cost of research? Is this not what we already paid for? How much would the treatments be if we had not paid into the charities et al?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join