It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning against being allied with the spiritual ruler of this world.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuy45

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by ThatGuy45

Without light, there can be no darkness. Duh.

OMG I COULD HUG YOU RIGHT NOW!!!

Thank yyyyyyyoooooouuuu!!!!!!!!

!

edit on 19/7/12 by ThatGuy45 because: BALANCE ~ case and point

so by that rationale, light is superior to the darkness, in which its very existence is completely and utterly dependent upon the light.

boom.

edit on 19-7-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

WOW
I mean wow... I seriously do admire / enjoy your undying devotion - but more accurately; strength / confidence. I have not seen a "Christian" with as much reasonable drive as you. I do mean that whether you believe it or not.

True followers of Jesus Christ are first and foremost led by humility.

It's something I try to do everyday. Some days I'm more successful than others. Some days I fail miserably.
Regardless, we are all works in progress, some of us are just better at articulating it than others.

The wheat has grown alongside the chaff in all aspects of humanity, including and especially religion.
Just because someone claims they are a Christian, doesn't mean they truly know or understand what it means to be one.
There are pearls among the stones and wheat among the chaff. Apparently you posess the tenets of wisdom to recognize them.
Jesus told us that we would know them by their fruit. Not to mean that as human beings, mistakes wouldn't be made. But meaning as a whole, the Truth is rooted deeply and is not easily swayed by the storm.

When Jesus left, He said,
"Peace I leave with you;
My Peace I give to you;
not as the world gives do I give to you.
Do not let your heart be troubled,
nor let it be fearful."

That's in the Book of John too. Lotsa good nuggets in that one, there is.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

True followers of Jesus Christ are first and foremost led by humility.

You mean the one who asked me if I was stupid? Or the one who told my parents they're going to hell? Or the one who told my friend he was wrong for being bisexual? Or the one who told my other buddy that he refused to absolve him of his sins (loving another man)? Or the one who molested over 40 boys? He was on the news recently, I believe.

No, humility is a load of bs when it comes to discussing religion. First, everything they say either praises the lord or comes from the Bible. Second, when it comes to the world ending, DUCK! Head in the sand. And third, at any given moment, hundreds are walking around with signs pointing to every kind of person that is going to hell.

Does hell exist? Does it? I take hell as proof that your god is not perfect.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I would throw myself off a bridge if, as an unofficial uncertified philosophy major, I could not answer that question. Not saying much, since jumping off of bridges is a pasttime for me.

Hell, it's the root of half of my theories, all of which connect in one way or another.

edit on 19-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

reply to post by GoldenVoyager

People, especially here on ATS, simply have a very negative view of secular Christianty.

You use love as an excuse to blame everyone for what's going wrong in the world, then hate them for it and believe yourself special because you have the power to believe anything you want because you don't need EVIDENCE.

Truth has evidence. You don't. And if there is no evidence, then you're talking THEORY. If you try to pass off theory as fact, then condemn others because they don't believe you, we call that ignorance. Guess what we do with ignorance?

We deny it.

edit on 17-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I am not blaming anyone. I have searched and continue to search for evidence. I do not judge you. I have my own experiences of which you have no idea of. I have my belief and faith and I have sufficient EVIDENCE through experience to quell doubt. Faith is a personal thing and I hope you find whatever evidence you are searching for. I am happy with what I have found and for anyone out there, I merely want to encourage people to continue to seek, pray, and open your heart... don't get all muddied down with secular Christianity. If you do get to know and have a relationship with Jesus, you will be blessed. This is my testimony. Just as you have your thoughts and beliefs... if you can find true happiness in this world and are ready to meet your maker with a clear conscience then more power to you.

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenVoyager

Are we talking about 'evidence' that you have been trained/conditioned/suggested to interpret in a certain way?

Suggestibility goes a long way...unfortunately for some.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

lol...okay Mr. Man,

haha thank you for that
I enjoyed its humor.

okay - down to business:

1. "Why does the darkness allow it?"
2. How would you explain the darkness as being superior to the light?

1. That can be an infinite answer.. but I will be nice and give 3:
~To keep the game alive - because 'IT' wants to - For the "FUN" out it~

2. I wouldn't. It is not about "superiority"...more like...DUTY - think of it as a "JOB" to keep the "LIGHT" in check, per se. Each universe has a 'set' "Directive / Purpose" Maybe thiink of that like this: This "UNIVERSE" was given a certain amount of "ENERGY". If 'LIFE' was allowed to run rampant / unchecked; there could be a 'energy depletion'. Like running out of gas before reaching the "DESIRED" destination. SO, a 'RECYCLING' "...keeps the wheel spinning..."

I'm curious if That Guy Mr. Man has actually ever read the Book of John, which is the source of my quote?

I have read through the book you call "BIBLE" - not to the point of memorization, but more to simply familiarize 'myself' with it. I was unaware "The book of John" was the origin of 'your' post / quote. I saw an inaccuracy~para my perspective~ in the post you made and CHOSE to speak out.

I promise it won't bite. But I can't promise it won't sting a little, until you get used to it.

Because ~I~ like 'your' frequency, you get this comment: " I bite; and I enjoy a good, 'sturdy' stiiing!!! "

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Without light, there can be no darkness. Duh.

OMG I COULD HUG YOU RIGHT NOW!!!

Thank yyyyyyyoooooouuuu!!!!!!!!

!

edit on 19/7/12 by ThatGuy45 because: BALANCE ~ case and point

so by that rationale, light is superior to the darkness, in which its very existence is completely and utterly dependent upon the light.

boom.

Both rely on the other for exsistance.

BA_DA_BOOOOOM!! lol
edit on 20/7/12 by ThatGuy45 because: This is SOOOO much fun!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I would throw myself off a bridge if, as an unofficial uncertified philosophy major, I could not answer that question. Not saying much, since jumping off of bridges is a pasttime for me.

Hell, it's the root of half of my theories, all of which connect in one way or another.

edit on 19-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

A Christians "HELL" is paradise in the
eyes of ~I~

Light = creation
Dark = destruction

Together = :::" ~ ":::

(its not about some "war / battle" between the 2 - checks n balances as needed / seen fit)
BUT!!! for the sake of "FUN" and the "GAME" it CAN be is chosen. ALLLLL about da choice.

I like this thread.

edit on 20/7/12 by ThatGuy45 because: digital oops

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Wrong. Without darkness, there is nothing to define light. And without the flame, there is nothing to cast the shadow.

Ahem...ah, and 'boom'.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Ok i think i get a better understanding of where you are coming from. Would you be surprised to find out that many believers in christ are beginning to reject the church and are pursuing home worship? I believe in Christ for a list of various reasons. The easiest way i could describe it to a non-believer (i don't know where you stand personally though) is that i believe in christ the same way an atheist would believe in Socrates or Philitas of Cos. Simply put, the church has done more damage to the image of Christ. I could list off everything i am upset with but that is largely unrelated to the topic at hand. If you want to know more about my own personal musings/philosophy or if you have questions feel free to U2U me.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

Who are you to judge,may god have mercy on your soul.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by King33

I don't fear any god. I fear man. I've seen man kill far more people throughout history than any god or devil.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

"You mean the one who asked me if I was stupid? Or the one who told my parents they're going to hell? Or the one who told my friend he was wrong for being bisexual? Or the one who told my other buddy that he refused to absolve him of his sins (loving another man)? Or the one who molested over 40 boys?"

Those people are Christian in name only......poor examples of what people of faith are suppoesd to represent. Honestly the examples you cite are a good indication of how others may see Christians. But as another poster quoted scripture" judge them by their fruit".... cruelty, being judgemental, molesting....c'mon Man, can you really think that's what Christianity is, judging based on negative experiences you've had?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

Precisely. The negative portrayal of our faith by the many, does not mean that our faith is in itself some sort of aberration. The true nature of Christianity is simply found in these two statements, which together encompass the whole raft of 'stuff' constituting the expression of our faith - both individually, and corporately within our church groups:

1 - To know Christ, and to make Him known.
2 - To work justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly before God.

That is it.

The very fact that Christianity has become so warped is testament to the way the Enemy of our souls is trying to undo the work of God at the cross of Calvary. At the cross God made provision for those who recognise their need of forgiveness, to those who would be humble enough to accept God's mercy.

To all those who complain that Christianity is full of hypocritical, judgmental types - you are sadly right. God has indicated that many within the ranks of the church will be the first to be judged at the End of Days. Just like the Pharisees of ancient times, they claim to see, and yet they are blind. They claim to lead others to God, but end up leading themselves into a pit, because they are blind, and do not see Christ in the people they are supposed to be reaching out to.

There, but for the grace of God, go I. It is not a cliche - it is a real and serious matter, and my prayer for myself is that I never lose sight of what I am called to be in Christ.

Matthew 25:32-40 (edited for brevity)

32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world ...

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

James 2:20

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?

Know Christ, make Him known. Work justice, love kindness, and walk humbly before your God.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I like Isaiah, he seemed to have quite a lot to say to the mystery school guys, who were very prevalent in his age too, along with directing prophecy to the future. Some of the prophets were more about separating Jewish lineage so that you had the God given right to seize a land and homes from families, murder them and they said not to spare even the suckling infant and I remember being horrified beyond belief as a pre-teen or teen reading the bible at the barbaric murder of families and people, and one prophet, can't remember his name, who gave the king a lecture for not killing the women and children so he beheaded them on the spot.

And I knew that was the complete opposite of God/Goodness.

While I agree that negative beings are guiding the worlds mismanagement team I do not agree with anyone needing to allign themselves with any institution on this planet including any religions, (nothing to do with some of the names in the religions, the Teachers, real or metaphor, that we have here, but I don't believe they ever meant to force someone into a permanent allignment with them, because that is not humble of heart, its weirdness. If Josh down the road did marvelous things, should we all become Joshians???/ That is beyond humility and is pure weirdness???)

We're not owned properties and the Good Family above or if you prefer God is humble of heart.

I suggest people really question in their heart, ask questions of their soul and of God/Goodness/Dad/Mom for direction.

But I don't like the way this earth script is run and don't believe we came here for a religious tale of absolute weirdness, but to progress our love and work on our weaknesses.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Also bare in mind something else. Anyone who does not accept the religions is now labeled new age, and if they believe in Goodness, and seeing positive and undoing fear programs, they are told they are being lied to, the world is a dark place and we have to deal with its problems. Which we should if we can, and do what we can, whether we can help physically or spiritually, however, will only do so with positive solutions or flee danger otherwise. And any danger I'm fleeing I'm going to remind myself its an illusion, a bad dream others who need some serious help to overcome their holding this fear within, are causing.

I am going to say that any fear program and negativity or anyting designed to hold the mind in fear, including revelations and cycles is designed to take away the positive love and trust in our hearts in Family, God/Goodness, in our own love, and the light/love, in everyone, no matter how small. And that instead we should always draw out the love in people, work on seeing the good in them, (albeit sometimes only safe at a distance until they are healed more), and while seeing and recognizing danger is important we should not embrace it, but hand it back to the ones distorting goodness and the positive world we are to see and feel ourselves in, while at the same time walking this odd (forced upon us) experience of the negative dreams of others impacting our dreamschool.

But I reject all negative programs. I hold a wonderful ending and the people who made up and work for fear based things really need a good Mommy!

I consider this a very dark and distorted dream world and don't agree with any aspects of it. The only reason for being here would be to get people out, and to safety.

I for one do not ever see WW3 lifting off, and if it does I see it being managed and intervened from above and good things instead. If everything opposite to my positive visions comes true, then I will stil hold only the positive and hand this back to the bad guys and will be handing huge reports on the other side because I don't agree with how anything is happening here at all. And it has to be changed. Because Heaven/Eutopia and Paradise cannot be built on such negative crapola.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join