It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"No War On Iran" Billboards in Oklahoma City

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I came across this and thought it was worth sharing. A group of people have who are part of Americans Against the Next War (AANW) have put up billboards in Oklahoma City that say "No War On Iran".

Oklahoma activists from the group Americans Against the Next War (AANW) are working to prevent military action or war against Iran. They have contracted with a local outdoor advertising company for three billboards, now on display in the metro area, carrying their message: "Tell Congress: No War on Iran." A news conference was held on July 10, in Oklahoma City, to announce the billboards, their metro locations, and present the coalition of churches, organizations and individuals cosponsoring, endorsing and funding the project. Visit www.AmericansAgainstTheNextWar.org.

I have never heard of this group until today but one man in the video describes his own personal reason for being a member and against the upcoming war with Iran. His reason is that he lost his son in the Iraq war and does not want more innocent kids to die fighting unjust wars based on lies.

Here is the link to their website.

Americans Against the Next War

AANW is a coalition of central Oklahoma organizations and citizens with deep concerns about the normalizing of a state of constant war and the lack of voices in the public sphere advocating for non-military solutions to international disagreements. We believe that the prominent voices calling for war on Iran are ill-advised and that their motivations and arguments should be carefully examined by both the Congress and the public. We understand that military action against another sovereign nation is an extremely consequential matter that should not be determined by safely ensconced pundits, but by the American people who will be called on to fund and fight it.

Our work will include writing opinion pieces and letters, promoting and hosting public education forums, meeting with decision makers, circulating petitions, or any other education/advocacy actions that further our goals.

It's refreshing to see groups like these join together to spread a very important message. Hopefully this trend will catch on and possibly influence the war mongers in Washington DC.

This will just get them labeled as "hating America" and WANTING Sharia law. I've seen how stupid and gullible my neighbors are. There's basically no hope. They're not going to listen to the actual message.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

This will just get them labeled as "hating America" and WANTING Sharia law. I've seen how stupid and gullible my neighbors are. There's basically no hope. They're not going to listen to the actual message.

You must be from Texas.....

I know alot of Okies that move to Tejas, they raise the IQ in both states.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I say,

NO WAR ON IRAN!

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Worth sharing?

Not hardly more agenda pushing here in the boards absolutely, and if some people had been paying attention to the last 3 years seems the "billboards" are a few years late.

Considering Operation Olypmic Games a "Cyber war" which has been waged during that time with the arsenal of flame,Stuxnet, and duku.

Wishful thinking.
edit on 17-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Here's a little knowledge for you all. 10 minutes worth. Enlighten yourselves.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It would be beautiful would it not?

Maybe we should all help somehow!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S&F for the OP, I had never heard of them either til this! Wonderful information!
edit on 17-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Doesn't matter if they had 3 million Billboards.

The Agenda of War is now ingrained into America's new Motto.

Baseball, Apple Pie and War.

This is what Politican's think of Popular Opinion.

Two thirds of American's oppose the Iraq War, ........

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Iran is maybe just a cover up.
The real build up of fire power is taking place in Syria.
I really fear that it is going to get real bad...
I hope I'm wrong!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
And this guy supports Mitt Romney.
That is all I need to know about these murderers and criminals.

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Doesn't matter if they had 3 million Billboards.

The Agenda of War is now ingrained into America's new Motto.

Baseball, Apple Pie and War.

This is what Politican's think of Popular Opinion.

Two thirds of American's oppose the Iraq War, ........

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thanks for posting
Corruption_Exposed

My Best wishes for all esteemed anti-war group members.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join