It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Syrian ambassador calls for foreign military intervention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Doha, Qatar (CNN) -- The most senior Syrian diplomat to defect and publicly embrace his country's uprising is calling for a foreign military intervention to topple President Bashar al-Assad. He also accused the Damascus regime of collaborating with al Qaeda militants against opponents both in Syria and in neighboring Iraq.

"I support military intervention because I know the nature of this regime," Nawaf al-Fares told CNN. "This regime will only go by force."

Until a few days ago, Fares was Syria's top man in Baghdad.

His defection marks a shocking about-face for an official who occupied a critically important post. Until Fares was sent to Iraq in 2008, Syria had no ambassador stationed in Baghdad for more than 20 years.

Ex-Syrian ambassador calls for foreign military intervention

Well...it looks like we are one step closer to an invasion of Syria. I wonder how much Western operators influenced him in Bagdad. This just seems fishy, along with a lot of the other stories the MSM is putting out about Syria. What do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This will be plastered ALL OVER the MSM with the intent of rallying up public support for a NATO led intervention. If the west wasn't in it purely for profit and power expansion I might of actually supported a NATO led intervention. But hey, NATO and the UN were spawned from the council on foreign relations.

And we all know what the guys at the council on foreign relations did for their day jobs.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I wonder how much he got paid for this defection.... or maybe they threatened to kill his family instead... that sounds more like their usual tactics. (same tactics used against the Area 51/Pine Gap workers)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Lol, of course he is going to request intervention, if not he is always going to be looking over his shoulder.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It will take a whole lot m,ore than this cat calling for military intervention for it to happen. There have already been hundreds of excuses so far if the West wanted to attack.

top topics

join