It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama admits failure to turn Washington around

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

You'd post them except.....they dont exist lol.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by beezzer

You'd post them except.....they dont exist lol.

At a Washington fundraiser Monday night, President Obama subtly played the race card, suggesting that Republican presidential candidates would deny people opportunity based on the color of their skin.

Here’s what the president said during the event before what a press pool reporter described as “an enthusiastic crowd of young supporters in ballroom of Capital Hilton Hotel.”

Everything we fought for during the last election is at stake in this election. The very core of what this country stands for is on the line — the basic promise that no matter what you look like, no matter where you come from, this is a place where you could make it if you try. The notion that we’re all in this together, that we look out for one another — that’s at stake in this election. Don’t take my word for it. Watch some of these debates that have been going on up in New Hampshire.

The phrase “no matter what you look like” is a clear reference to race. Obama is indicating that if he loses the election, opportunity for those who are a certain color or ethnicity will be denied. He completes the thought by pointing to the debates in New Hampshire, associating the Republican candidates with the possibility of racial or ethnic discrimination.

www.whitehousedossier.com...
Just one example of many.

And since you disregarded religious freedom and didn't comment on class warfare, I'd say . . . . .

QED

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Obama admits failure to turn Washington around

www.google.com...]www.google.com

Elected in 2008 on a "hope and change" mantra and vowing an end to bitter partisan politics, President Barack Obama admitted in remarks released Sunday that he had failed to close the divide.

"Washington feels as broken as it did four years ago," Obama said in an interview with CBS

Having struggled to break out of the stalemate, Obama said the fact that he hadn't "been able to change the atmosphere here in Washington to reflect the decency and common sense of ordinary people" frustrated him.
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-7-2012 by daaskapital because: link

Of course it still feels broken, He never intended to fix it, he just wanted to cash in same as all the other presidents before him, they'll simply blame the guy who had the post previously ( like the British government do).
Besides if your feeding from the trough why do you want to change the status quo, you may stop the food supply and they go by the saying " Don't bite the hand that feeds".

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

-_- Clearly you are nitpicking at what he said. That statement is at the core of how America is supposed to be. Are you also going to nitpick at 'no matter where you're from' to mean people from Hawii? Come on now. Also, hes not attacking religious freedom, the religious want special treatment and hes not going for it. But I bet if it were Muslims instead of Catholics you would be cool with what he was doing. The class warfare statement was just vague. You could mean anything by that, feel free to expand on that.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by beezzer

-_- Clearly you are nitpicking at what he said. That statement is at the core of how America is supposed to be. Are you also going to nitpick at 'no matter where you're from' to mean people from Hawii? Come on now. Also, hes not attacking religious freedom, the religious want special treatment and hes not going for it. But I bet if it were Muslims instead of Catholics you would be cool with what he was doing. The class warfare statement was just vague. You could mean anything by that, feel free to expand on that.

You asked for an example, I gave one.
You discount it, then why bother?
As for religious freedoms, they don't want special treatment, just a chance to practice the tenents of their faith.
If they were muslim, you'd be defending it!
(hyperbole back atcha)
Class warfare is not vague. He's an entitlement president who divides all Americans.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

I did not discount it all. I pointed out that you were reading into it meanings that werent there. The Catholic church wanted to deny covering the cost of contraceptives in their insurance plans at faith based hospitals and universities. That is not stopping them from practicing their faith, just not allowing them to dictate what people can use their secular insurance for. If Muslims tried the same thing I would still be against it. You failed to provide an example of this class warfare. Just because Obama has taken small steps in helping the poor does not mean hes creating class division.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join