It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama admits failure to turn Washington around

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

"There's no doubt that I underestimated the degree to which in this town politics trump problem solving," he said. "One of the things you learn in this office is everything takes a little longer than you'd like."

So, Obama has finally admitted that nothing much has changed...

Well, that sounds unfortunate...i also find it funny how he didn't mention that he made it worse with new laws.

www.google.com...]www.google.com

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-7-2012 by daaskapital because: link

Tough to change anything when youre facing a congress that that admits its goal is to block the president from getting things done, and making him a 1 term president.

Its sad to me that people think these things are about the president.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

He should have just lied, would that make you feel better? Seriously, what do you expect from him? Hes not a freaking Jedi. He cant just mind trick the republicans into liking him.

No, but he can sure do the Jedi mind trick on the American public to think that there is an actual difference between the Republican and Democratic party so that those we have elected can continue screwing all of us by creating divisions while bowing to their corporate masters!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

"There's no doubt that I underestimated the degree to which in this town politics trump problem solving," he said. "One of the things you learn in this office is everything takes a little longer than you'd like."

Well, that sounds unfortunate...i also find it funny how he didn't mention that he made it worse with new laws.

Tough to change anything when youre facing a congress that that admits its goal is to block the president from getting things done, and making him a 1 term president.

Can you name a congress from either side that had a different agenda when an opposite party president was in office? I mean it's not like this is a new game we are playing, this is called politics to most people.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by TsukiLunar

He should have just lied, would that make you feel better? Seriously, what do you expect from him? Hes not a freaking Jedi. He cant just mind trick the republicans into liking him.

No, but he can sure do the Jedi mind trick on the American public to think that there is an actual difference between the Republican and Democratic party so that those we have elected can continue screwing all of us by creating divisions while bowing to their corporate masters!!!

Obama is the one tricking people into partisan BS? You mean it hasnt been going on for forty years?

Man people are short sighted.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Can you name a congress from either side that had a different agenda when an opposite party president was in office? I mean it's not like this is a new game we are playing, this is called politics to most people.

Thanks for illustrating my point. As I said, it makes me sad that people think this is about the president. The partisan bull sh*t is what has ruined this country.

This game has been on for quite some time.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

That's because the congressional seats that flipped at mid-term were elected to do just that I would assume. Got to be some meaning to the results of that election, wouldn't you think?
edit on 7-15-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

No, but he can sure do the Jedi mind trick on the American public to think that there is an actual difference between the Republican and Democratic party ...

So, Obama is the one who did that? Because I think people have been seeing a difference in the parties for longer than I've been alive... Obama didn't just come in and ruin this country. Sorry to burst bubbles here.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

No doubt about it in my opinion. The people in politics aren't there because they are stupid. They know the best way to keep themselves in power, and it isn't by uniting the country. That's for sure.

Political science should be a mandatory subject for every American. It's ridiculous that the same things are still happening 100 years later.

Just wanted to state for what it is worth, that I dislike all of them from both sides. The people that want to be in politics, should be our last choice as far as I am concerned.
edit on 7/15/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So, Obama is the one who did that? Because I think people have been seeing a difference in the parties for longer than I've been alive... Obama didn't just come in and ruin this country. Sorry to burst bubbles here.

Actually, my bubble is still very big around my ., thank you! You have obviously not understood what I said in reference to the person I was speaking too!

Obama is just like any other politician we have representing us (I mean the big Corporations). NONE OF THEM will ever tell the truth, because it will blow their theatrical fraud into pieces! When you look at how our elected officials prostitute themselves to the big corporations, just how in the hell can ANYONE buy into ridiculous partisanship arguements defending any of them????

But you have proven your blind faith as have many others who believe in the two party system, so carry on!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Political science should be a mandatory subject for every American. It's ridiculous that the same things are still happening 100 years later.

And it will continue happening, forever. We will continue to fail, but we will also succeed. And then of course we will fail again and the circle will repeat. Its because humans are flawed.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

But you have proven your blind faith as have many others who believe in the two party system, so carry on!

I'm glad you have me all figured out! The truth is, I despise the two party system and have never registered with either party because I believe the two party system is one of the biggest problems in our government today.

But thanks for the amateur analysis.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by beezzer

a house divided cant stand.........
quote from some patriot guy.......

when the houses are at a stalemate, the country suffers
thats all im saying here.

People claimed that quote was from Abraham Lincoln, but it's biblical too. Mark 3:25.

Of course nothing is helping to close the gap between the Republicans and Democrats. Obama has driven the wedge further. Just look at the big issues that are being talked about in the coming election. Entire party platforms being formed around stances on healthcare and gay marriage. It's the typical Big Government vs Small Government argument, with more government being the only compromise.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm glad you have me all figured out! The truth is, I despise the two party system and have never registered with either party because I believe the two party system is one of the biggest problems in our government today.

But thanks for the amateur analysis.

You are very welcome!

As you obviously consider yourself a professional with your demeaning reply, "What makes your opinions so spot on?"!

edit on 15-7-2012 by seeker1963 because: /

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

As you obviously consider yourself a professional with your demeaning reply, "What makes your opinions so spot on?"!

Didn't you start with the demeaning?

But you have proven your blind faith as have many others who believe in the two party system

Or did you mean that in jest?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Funny. The debt ceiling stall hurt the country.

But increasing our spending limits. . . . helped it?????

Keynesian economics.

i didnt make up this mad system,
i didnt spend up the money

but i can tell you my observations of this system.

at this point, to stop spending is going to damage the economy,
and to continue spending is going kick the can down the road leading to a much larger failure.

i not saying getting deeper into debt is a good idea.

the most simple fix i can see,

is to force the fed to raise its primary lending rate from 0.5% back to "normal" rates,
and the banks would be forced to start loaning again, to continue making profits,

you see the rate the fed lends to the banks is super low,
but the fed allows the banks "to park" this cheep money back into the fed and get 4.25% without doing a thing.

ergo
its more profitable to park your money (into fed accounts) and stall the economy,
than it is to actually do the work of lending into the communities for profit.

in 2008 that rate dropped, and it is choking off the lending to the end consumer (morgtages) and the contraction of the expansion of money is the result.

reactionary thinking wont help,
i didnt create this mess

im trying to show you beez,

without a glass stegal law the most profitable thing to do is speculate and hedge,
and loans to the average person is where MOST money is created.

i dont want to see a bankrupt USA any more than you.
these problems are structural

xploder

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by daaskapital

Yes. Unfortunately for Obama, there are still people out in DC who don't think Big Government is the answer for everything.

*whaa*

Who?

You mean those government elected officials? Those folks? Yeah, their checks cash the same as big government government elected officials too you know.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Elected in 2008 on a "hope and change" mantra and vowing an end to bitter partisan politics, President Barack Obama admitted in remarks released Sunday that he had failed to close the divide.

"Washington feels as broken as it did four years ago," Obama said in an interview with CBS

Having struggled to break out of the stalemate, Obama said the fact that he hadn't "been able to change the atmosphere here in Washington to reflect the decency and common sense of ordinary people" frustrated him.
edit on 15-7-2012 by daaskapital because:link

Pres. Obama was a young and perhaps naive, but altruistic philanthropist. He didn't fully realize that Washington is a congregation of public and non-public figures representing the agendas of various institutions competing to divide the map.

This reminds me of how Hitler and Stalin publicly criticized one another, then quietly met to decide who how they would invade the border nations and divide the spoils ow war.

I was a life long Rep., who voted for Mr. Obama, and I have no regrets. He's a far cry from the fascist police state neocon government created by the Republicans through Bush.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
As long as ya'll keep arguing about left/ right being right/wrong you wont solve anything. If we cant compromise on a forum with nothing at stake how can we expect politicians to compromise with everything at stake?

God that sounds corny.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Obama's largest failure was when he had both the House and Senate controlled by the Dems. He could have done nearly anything during that time and he failed. He even failed at health care. He compromised WAY to much and ended up making it just a huge mess. His first two years are his greatest failure.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

This is the problem with our micro-blog society.

There is little to no context yet everyone applies their conditioned response to 8 words.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join