It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama admits failure to turn Washington around

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Obama admits failure to turn Washington around

www.google.com...]www.google.com

Elected in 2008 on a "hope and change" mantra and vowing an end to bitter partisan politics, President Barack Obama admitted in remarks released Sunday that he had failed to close the divide.

"Washington feels as broken as it did four years ago," Obama said in an interview with CBS

Having struggled to break out of the stalemate, Obama said the fact that he hadn't "been able to change the atmosphere here in Washington to reflect the decency and common sense of ordinary people" frustrated him.
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-7-2012 by daaskapital because: link

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

"There's no doubt that I underestimated the degree to which in this town politics trump problem solving," he said. "One of the things you learn in this office is everything takes a little longer than you'd like."

So, Obama has finally admitted that nothing much has changed...

Well, that sounds unfortunate...i also find it funny how he didn't mention that he made it worse with new laws.

www.google.com...]www.google.com

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-7-2012 by daaskapital because: link

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Originally posted by daaskapital

Uh, no... He admitted that he failed to close the divide between Democrats and Republicans in Washington... which is true. Did you read your source?

edit on 7/15/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Uh, no... He admitted that he failed to close the divide between Democrats and Republicans in Washington... which is true. Did you read your source?

Though, its not for a lack of trying. He has compromised so many times,more than I would have liked, and ultimately they still hate him. Uncooperative little bunch they are.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

He still admitted that Washington hasn't changed much...

Yes i did read the source!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Yes. Unfortunately for Obama, there are still people out in DC who don't think Big Government is the answer for everything.

*whaa*

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

He still admitted that Washington hasn't changed much... Yes i did read the source!

He should have just lied, would that make you feel better? Seriously, what do you expect from him? Hes not a freaking Jedi. He cant just mind trick the republicans into liking him.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

He still admitted that Washington hasn't changed much... Yes i did read the source!

He should have just lied, would that make you feel better? Seriously, what do you expect from him? Hes not a freaking Jedi. He cant just mind trick the republicans into liking him.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
He hasn't admitted anything. He just blamed everything on somebody else.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Mind if I ask who?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Is it your job to represent him on this forum? Are you tasked with defending his honor and sticking up for him? Why the vitriol towards people trying to have a discussion? I take it you all must be familiar with each other already?

Jesus, partisan much? Relax a little maybe.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Mind if I ask who?

He said he failed to change the atmosphere.. -what he is saying is it is everyone elses fault, because he tried, but no one listened..

But reality really is, all of his actions had the effect he really wanted.. destruction for everything he touched.

He even blames the rest of America for the need to destroy it.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

My opinion is that it is not totally up to President Obama to turn Washington around. It is also up to all the congress, house of representative, legislature and senate in Washington too...and from there the politicians in every state and the public.

The Republicans have (hamstrung) the President on many issues.

(hamstrung) "to severely restrict the efficiency or effectiveness of".

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ouch, Obama isn't getting much love in ATS these days......guess they have to strengthen the kool-aid formula.

reply to post by caladonea

The problem is the two party system, nothing is going to change unless the system is changed.

edit on 15-7-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Is it your job to represent him on this forum? Are you tasked with defending his honor and sticking up for him? Why the vitriol towards people trying to have a discussion? I take it you all must be familiar with each other already?

Right, but can you clear up what exactly I did wrong besides having my own opinion?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

It's not up to, or possible for ANY president to "change" Washington. It is not possible, and the second any politician tells you that is their agenda you know they are lying through their teeth. Anyone with half a brain should be able to see that the task is impossible.

This isn't a slam on Obama, that is just the truth. You cannot change the people in power, because they have the power to not allow the change. I feel sorry for all the people that fell for the lie, and continue to make excuses for politicians even today saying "it's not their fault, its congress, or the house, or the president etc".

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

a house divided cant stand.........
quote from some patriot guy.......

when the houses are at a stalemate, the country suffers
thats all im saying here.

this division hurt the economy in the debt ceiling stalling.

no taxes at the cost of the economy?
austerity hasnt worked in Greece,
why would it work in a bigger country at a much larger scale?

yes this stalemate is only caused by one side??????????

xploder

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

He said he failed to change the atmosphere.. -what he is saying is it is everyone elses fault, because he tried, but no one listened..

How would you have liked him to phrase it?

But reality really is, all of his actions had the effect he really wanted.. destruction for everything he touched.

Okay?
edit on 15-7-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by sputniksteve

Right, but can you clear up what exactly I did wrong besides having my own opinion?

I didn't claim you did anything wrong, I was asking why you responded the way you did. I don't care, I was just curious. It seems you see this posted as an attack on Obama, I think it is the opposite personally. I think if you step away from your normal posture of defend/attack you might see this as a good thing. He is finally being honest about the situation.

(The defend/attack posture comment wasn't meant to be offensive. When we spend a lot of time on ATS in threads that are stressful we can sometimes walk into an innocent thread with the same posture even when it isn't necessary)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by beezzer

a house divided cant stand.........
quote from some patriot guy.......

when the houses are at a stalemate, the country suffers
thats all im saying here.

this division hurt the economy in the debt ceiling stalling.

no taxes at the cost of the economy?
austerity hasnt worked in Greece,
why would it work in a bigger country at a much larger scale?

yes this stalemate is only caused by one side??????????

xploder

Funny. The debt ceiling stall hurt the country.

But increasing our spending limits. . . . helped it?????

Keynesian economics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join