It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you call yourself Republican and like Obama better than Romney?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by stanguilles7

Yep, the GOP sure as heck dont like Ron Paul. After all, he embodies the values they CLAIM to uphold, but dont.

What values are those? Are you talking about legalizing pot and noninterventionism?

Paul is a classic liberal. He wants people to do whatever they want without anyone telling them what to do. He also wants to afford the same to every country. Sounds great until you realize that there are a lot of sick bastards out there who wish to do reprehensible things. We couldn't deal with them though because that would be infringing on their rights.

edit on 15-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

God it is so ironic you mock Ron Paul's stances of individual rights and your avatar is a Gadsen symbol...

You don't want others to tread on you but you won't afford others the same rights...

REALLY!? REALLY!?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm a Ron Paul supporter voting for Ron Paul/Gary Johnson or Obamney (the black one).

Ron Paul or Gary Johnson bc they support the Constitution and its inherent freedom. Freedom which is intrinsically supported by less foreign military dominion, sound money, the Constitution, and governmental transparency and ethics.

OR

Obamney (the black one) bc it would force the Republicans to return to their limited government roots, by means of self actualization or warring.
edit on 15-7-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
What does the future of Ron Paul have to do with this thread?

Well other people can feel free to answer this question as long as they want. A debate doesn't end when one question is answered. You answered the question and still continue to post on this thread, so why can I not add to the discussion on my own thread?

Makes little sense, since you are not the OP, I am. So I can ask, what do you think the future is for Ron Paul?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Why are you still posting Romney threads? don't you understand that the majority of ATS absolutely DREADS Romney?

The question is simple, not quite sure why you don't understand why I keep making these types of threads.

Is it because most Paul supporters like you answer in weird little cynical questions like this?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

reply to post by jjf3rd77

S&F

The truth is libertarians are traditional liberals who want to be able to do whatever the hell they want, and Obama is clearly the more liberal of the two. 

The truth always comes out eventually. Libertarianism is classic liberalism. These people don't hold conservative values; anything goes with them.  

Yes! I agree with this, not sure if the other Ronulans will ever admit to this though. I've gotten a few on this site to see the errors of their ways, but many are blinded by Paul's light! They act such like liberals tho!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I ask how can many intelligent people believe there is such a thing as republicans vs democrats and a fair democratic election process for such a long time

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

S&F

The truth is libertarians are traditional liberals who want to be able to do whatever the hell they want, and Obama is clearly the more liberal of the two. 

The truth always comes out eventually. Libertarianism is classic liberalism. These people don't hold conservative values; anything goes with them.  

Yes! I agree with this, not sure if the other Ronulans will ever admit to this though. I've gotten a few on this site to see the errors of their ways, but many are blinded by Paul's light! They act such like liberals tho!

I think most "Ronulans" would proudly admit that they are different than republicans. The republican label is an embarrassment to most Paul supporters.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You guys are so funny, you're blasting Ron Paul supporters for being quote/unquote "liberals" (which has nothing to do with a classic liberal) and you guys are the ones here lollygagging about how great Mitt Romney is.

LOL. Look in the mirror!

By the way, I have nothing but horrible opinions of Obama but why can't people cross over from the left go to Ron Paul and go back to the left as a back up plan? I see nothing wrong with that and personally know many democrats that crossed over to support Ron Paul.

It only further enhances the fact that he has cross over appeal unlike Obama & Romney.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

well to most republicans, anybody different from them is a liberal.

Especially considering the social issues you vote on my friend!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to call yourself a republican if you truly vote on big government social issues like no wars, welfare, and the legalization of pot!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to call yourself a republican if you truly vote on big government social issues like no wars, welfare, and the legalization of pot!

What you're 'just saying' doesn't apply to me and is pretty baseless as it only encompasses a very small minority of Ron Paul supporters, that of which I haven't even personally ever met before (and that is only conditional on some of the points you presented).

edit on 15-7-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The dumbest thing I've ever read.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
During the primaries, Romney's narrative was REPEAL OBAMACARE.

Now his new narrative is REPLACE OBAMACARE.

What will you guys get next?

My narrative is...REPLACE ROMNEY.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

God it is so ironic you mock Ron Paul's stances of individual rights and your avatar is a Gadsen symbol...

PAAALEEEEZE! 

What's MOST ironic is you RP supporters claiming to be conservative and claiming it's going to be 'RP or sitting it out' while almost all of you vote for the most anti-liberty candidate available.

You don't want others to tread on you but you won't afford others the same rights...

People who break the law have no rights.  

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

LOL I dont care if you are the OP or not. The thread title and OP does not ask anything about Ron Paul's future.

Let's get something straight- your free to ask anything you want, post anything you want..... and so am I. I will post here and say what I choose and I dont care if you like it. Personally, I prefer to stay on topic. If you want to know what Ron Paul's future is, ask Ron Paul. I am not a mind reader.. or make a thread to discuss that topic.

Surely, that is not too hard for you to understand is it?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If you want the US to become just like any country in Europe, if you want bigger government and loss of freedoms, then vote for Obama.

Don't get around much do ya?

I wish America did enjoy the standard of living as a lot of Europe.

www.skeptically.org...

edit on 15-7-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

your the one that brought up that Ron Paul supporters look to the future. That sounds an awful lot like Obama's campaign slogan forward...It sounds like just a talking point. I question those talking points.

So why do you continue to avoid the question? i would just like some clarification about what Ron Paul supporters think his future is. Since you continue to avoid the question, I'm thinking you don't know the answer.

It was clear ever since you told me to, "ask Ron Paul." I think someone doesn't know what he is voting for/on!

edit on 15-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

So then why would you personally favor Obama more than Romney, if given the choice?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I wish America did enjoy the standard of living as a lot of Europe.

I don't. 

How's that Euro working out?

That standard of living you praise (because you don't understand the American standard
) is 2 weeks away from disappearing because, like Obama's plans, your government spending is completely unsustainable. 

Should we really take advice from countries who allowed their government to disarm them?

Our founders knew your governments games 230+ years ago!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Oh the "standard of living" idea? I remember this bit...

reply to post by olaru12

Since I'm a real capitalist. Let me spell it out for you paulites. Ever hear of survival of the fittest?

Guess what? In Ron Paul's world, in Ayn Rand's perfect society? There would be no standard of living! There wouldn't even be a government institution to measure the standard of living!!!!! And yet you advocate it, why exactly?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join