It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you call yourself Republican and like Obama better than Romney?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by stanguilles7

They say they are republican only to vote for Ron Paul. So take it as you want.

I take it as they are invading my party to vote for someone my party doesn't want!

This is America and we can vote for whoever the hell we want. Nobody cares about your party.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Just for Kicks and Giggles. I sided with Mitt Romney as did 67% of Americans on this site that's been going around this thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

They say they are republican only to vote for Ron Paul. So take it as you want.

I take it as they are invading my party to vote for someone my party doesn't want!

Oh. I see.

Yep, the GOP sure as heck dont like Ron Paul. After all, he embodies the values they CLAIM to uphold, but dont.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

This is America and we can vote for whoever the hell we want. Nobody cares about your party.

Again, I am not telling people who they should vote for I am simply letting others know that they are contradicting themselves. If they wanted to vote for Ron Paul and if they decide to vote for Obama over Romney due to social issues. Or like Obama better. (Note: Like does not = vote for)

Do you know what Obama's social issues are? More BIG GOVERNMENT programs!!!!! That's what. Big Government programs do not align with the fiscal conservative policies of Dr. Paul!
edit on 15-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm a Republican and I'm voting against Romney! If that means a vote for Obama....so be it.

Anyone that would tie a dog to the top of a car; in my opinion doesn't deserve any respect what so ever.

What a douche!!.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

WOW!!!! That's what you are basing your vote on!!!!!!

Well, it is a free country....

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

And that's good that you are gonna vote for the person who shares the same views as you. But it would be wrong for me, a registered Republican, to cast my vote for Romney when there are several candidates that I more closely identify with.

Its almost impossible for a typical Republican or Democrat to agree with every stance their party stands for. As a result, the individual voter needs to give more weight to the issues that mean most to him or her. For this election, I am further apart from Romney on certain issues that he feels strongly about. Hopefully in four years the Republican candidate will be one I can vote for.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Again, I am not telling people who they should vote for I am simply letting others know that they are contradicting themselves. If they wanted to vote for Ron Paul and if they decide to vote for Obama over Romney due to social issues. Or like Obama better. (Note: Like does not = vote for)

Do you know what Obama's social issues are? More BIG GOVERNMENT programs!!!!! That's what. Big Government programs do not align with the fiscal conservative policies of Dr. Paul!

There's the difference between you and many Ron Paul supporters. You said yourself that you don't factor in social issues when you vote. Many people do. That's why we don't see eye to eye.

Fiscal conservative policies are important to me but foreign policy and social issues trump them in my opinion. As far as big government vs small government goes, I support Ron Paul's stance on increasing state's rights. This isn't less government; it's a decentralization of government which I support. I don't think the government is too big but I do think it's too concentrated.

Just try an exercise in your imagination and pretend that all of the issues are equal. If you still can't see why Paul supporters would fall back to Obama, then I don't know what else to add.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

No you pretty much answered my question and I thank you for doing so. Now, if the other Paul supporters can actually admit that they care more about the social issues and big government programs as you do then we can all move along....

Mitt Romney supports states rights as well. He supported Massachusetts' right to create a health care system that the people there wanted.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

reply to post by MrWendal

No I didn't ask that question, I was responding to someone's answer...

What exactly do you think the future is for Ron Paul...?

What does the future of Ron Paul have to do with this thread?

You asked why Paul supporters would vote for Obama instead of uniting behind Romney. Your question was answered. Your question was even directly answered from by the guy who runs Ron Paul Flix very
recently.

direct link in case embed fails

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I wonder why some people on ATS still can't understand that there is no such thing as Republicans and Democrats? You have the left hand and the right hand, both controlled by the same brain.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

How can you call yourself Republican and like Obama better than Romney?

S&F

It's simple, OP. They were lying about it just like many republicans lie about being conservative. 

I can't count the number of times I was told that RP was more conservative than the other candidates. Whether that's the case or not it doesn't matter. What matters is that Romney is more conservative than Obama and those are the choices. If you were a RP fan and wanted to vote for the "most conservative candidate" then Romney is your obvious choice now. 

The truth is libertarians are traditional liberals who want to be able to do whatever the hell they want, and Obama is clearly the more liberal of the two. 

The truth always comes out eventually. Libertarianism is classic liberalism. These people don't hold conservative values; anything goes with them.  

edit on 15-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
The truth is libertarians are traditional liberals who want to be able to do whatever the hell they want, and Obama is clearly the more liberal of the two. 

I fully agree. Libertarians are not republican any more than the Green Party is democrat. If they were the same, why would they need to be in separate parties?

This is exactly what I find appealing about them.
edit on 15-7-2012 by Cuervo because: Goofed up

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Yep, the GOP sure as heck dont like Ron Paul. After all, he embodies the values they CLAIM to uphold, but dont.

What values are those? Are you talking about legalizing pot and noninterventionism?

Paul is a classic liberal. He wants people to do whatever they want without anyone telling them what to do. He also wants to afford the same to every country. Sounds great until you realize that there are a lot of sick bastards out there who wish to do reprehensible things. We couldn't deal with them though because that would be infringing on their rights.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

What values are those? Are you talking about legalizing pot and noninterventionism?

Sure.. The values of a 'limited government' You know, the crap the Republicans all CLAIM to uphold, but havent in at least half a century.

But dont get me wrong, I think it's GREAT that you admit you are a card-carrying Republican neo conservative willing to vote for Romney. I wish more of you neocons were as honest about your affiliation, instead of hiding behind libertarian pretensions and tricorn hats.
edit on 15-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

. What matters is that Romney is more conservative than Obama and those are the choices.

He is? How so?

The truth is, your post contradicts itself several times.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
How can you call yourself human and still like either of them?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

No. The values of a 'limited government' You know, the crap the Republicans all CLAIM to uphold, but havent in at least half a century.

They haven't. That's why conservatives like me are working to take the republican party. If it doesn't happen after November then we will likely create our own party (if we still have a country). 

Oh, I see. You're just stringing words together and pretending it's a coherent argument.

Do I need to throw in some grunts and groans for you to understand?

Try reading slower...if that doesn't work I'll PM you the longer explanation so you'll comprehend. I'm only speaking English.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

He is? How so?

For starters he's pro-business, anti-obamacare, and pro life. 

The truth is, your post contradicts itself several times.

Well I'm not going to debate myself. Speak your mind, son.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Why are you still posting Romney threads? don't you understand that the majority of ATS absolutely DREADS Romney?

It is like you knowingly post threads about Romney and expect people to get along with what he has to offer.

He represents more of the same and you know it but you're happy to blindingly oblige because you think he is a little better than Obama.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join