It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you call yourself Republican and like Obama better than Romney?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So after months and months and many more months of Ron Paul supporters telling me that they would never vote for anybody but Ron Paul because Ron Paul will win the nomination. And after many, many, many lies and propaganda and tries, Ron Paul fails to become the nominee.

Now, I am hearing from these same supporters (besides for a handful of actual Ron Paul supporters who will still write his name in) I see people jumping onto the Obama train? They must be blind, because the Obama agenda supports LITTLE if anything of what you support. Mitt Romney's agenda at least has the majority of the republican party backing him and he DOES listen to Republican ideas and hence libertarian ideas. Or maybe the libertarians should realize that they have more in common with the democrats?

Tell me what is so appealing to you as a republican to Obama? I would really like to know because he isn't going to work in YOUR best interest. He will likely call you a member of the flat earth society, especially if he found out you once supported one of the more crazier candidates like Ron Paul according to the Democrats.

You may not like Romney, but at least he talks to conservatives and people like Rand Paul and his father. At least he considers your ideas. Obama will NEVER consider your constitutional passion and fiscal policies.

So please tell me, fake Ron Paul supporters, why are you now voting for Obama?
edit on 15-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

So tell us what is so appealing about Romney.

Neither Romney nor Obama is getting my vote.

Voting for Romney doesn't make you any more of a conservative than voting for Obama.

They are both progressive. They both have the same ideals. They both are backed by the same people/corporations.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

First off that is a lie spread by the idiotic Paulbots. Secondly, if you are voting for Ron Paul, that's great! But then, this thread isn't for you right?

This thread is not going to fall into many off topic traps that you paulbots lay. This is specifically for the ones voting for Obama that claimed they supported Paul!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Thats just it. No one that supports Ron Paul is voting for either Romney or Obama.

That goes against the very beliefs that they stand for.

And...no....both Romney and Obama are the same. Equal to Bush. This is not a lie spread by Paulbots. This is known fact that anyone can realize with a little investigation and common sense.

edit on 15-7-2012 by DIDtm because: edited name

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I've often wondered the same thing. Don't know if it was on the site or not but I remember the conspiracy issues surrounding "fake" republicans supporting Obama for the '08 election.

Perhaps the same tactics are being used again.

edit on 15-7-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'd love to know where you're getting your info from.... You got sources showing that Paul supporters are turning to Obama? No you don't? OOO I thought so.... If you want to be a political troll for Romney fine, that's your business. Stop trying to convince people of your lies and stick with what you know....

Really between you and outkast I really can't decide who is the bigger troll around here.....

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Personally speaking I've been wondering if all the sane Republicans left the party years ago and became either Independents or Blue Dog Democrats. As for the Romney Unit I'm going to have massive fun hearing my brother-in-law's justifications for voting for him. I'll bet good money that they're going to be tortuous ones.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

South Park describes it best for me ..

We have a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.. Party be damned, I don't really care about the two party system anymore.. besides, how often do republicans act like true republicans and how often to democrats act like true democrats anymore? .. towing party lines has become pretty silly in this day and age... they are more alike than they are different anymore.

I'm a Ron Paul supporter... I prefer Obama over Romney.. it's as simple as that.. but I ultimately dislike them both! I just tend to go with that argument that if you choose not to vote, you lose your right to complain.. so I will be voting.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I don't personally know of any Ron Paul supporters that pledged this, but I haven't really been looking.

Might have something to do with the fact that the RNC gave us the shaft though. Republicans made their bed when they shut out the libertarian wing at every turn, now they have to sleep in it. Don't let the bed bugs bite, good night and good bye republican party.

Cry me a river. The goal of Ron Paul supporters was never to pledge blind allegiance to a corrupt republican party, the goal is to CHANGE the corrupt republican party values. The republican party obviously doesn't give a damn about its constituents unless they support ignorant fascism, so why should any Ron Paul supporter vote republican when they have been screwed over?

Meanwhile we can work on the democratic party until republicans lose all their power, then if the dems don't work out we'll come back when the reps are weak and don't have support, rinse and repeat until the facade comes crashing down. Either way if you screw over the voters and delegates, they'll sometimes screw you right back. Consider it a lesson learned Romneybot, nobody cares about towing some ridiculous party line... THEY CARE ABOUT BEING HEARD AND REPRESENTED.

Like I said, you made your bed... now sleep in it.

Also, you're living in a dream world if you think anybody in power really cares about being a "republican". That's the big political secret that's going around nowadays, nobody really cares about their party affiliation. That's how they screw us.
edit on 15-7-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
After Obama was elected, A LOT of GOP diehards put on tricorn hats and pretended to be libertarians. I cant blame them They just spent 8 years defending Bush and the Iraq war.

In other words, people are lying about their political affiliations.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Most Ron Paul fans are moral people who believe in good ideas. They've been bamboozled by Ron Paul the capitalist oppressor on steroids, and so when RP is out of the picture they naturally gravitate back to reasonable ideas.

The bulk of people on the Ron Paul train just like his rhetoric, very few like his economic principles. They're on the RP train because he's anti-establishment.

They get more of that with the Dems. I know Republicans will say "na-uh, we're more anti-establishment", but that's only because the capitalist republican halfwits don't even know that they're the establishment

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

How can you call yourself republican and vote for Obama?

How can you call yourself Republican and vote for Romney????

No offense, but Romney is neither a Republican NOR a conservative. I don't know what he is, but GOP in Washington has pretty much united behind him, because he's all they've got right now... And that's not much.

I can see a Republican voting for Obama, given the choices. Between Obama and Romney, a giant douche and a turd sandwich, I'm gonna go with the giant douche. Because the thought of a turd sandwich turns my stomach.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by DIDtm

First off that is a lie spread by the idiotic Paulbots. Secondly, if you are voting for Ron Paul, that's great! But then, this thread isn't for you right?

This thread is not going to fall into many off topic traps that you paulbots lay. This is specifically for the ones voting for Obama that claimed they supported Paul!

There is nothing conservative about mittens. He's a disaster, at least Obama has coherent thoughts. Mittens is terrible. There is nothing Republican about him. Wise up.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar
There is nothing conservative about mittens. He's a disaster, at least Obama has coherent thoughts. Mittens is terrible. There is nothing Republican about him. Wise up.

We don't know what Romney will do.

What we do know is that if re-elected, Obama wll treat the Constitution like a prison bitch.

If you want the US to become just like any country in Europe, if you want bigger government and loss of freedoms, then vote for Obama.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm voting Ronald Paul even though I know my vote is useless on Diebold machines.

Oh and I'm not Republican or Democrat just a human shedding light.
edit on 15-7-2012 by PatriotAct because: noscript

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

I'm a Ron Paul supporter... I prefer Obama over Romney..

But Why? You just said you liked Obama over Romney? If they are the same, why do you like Obama better?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

I have the same feeling...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Doesnt really matter who you vote for regardless. but if the voting did to down without fraud and it was looking like romney would win i would have to vote for obama. im sorry but i think hes a better choice then the guy that changes his stances on issues more then i change my underwear.

The republicans couldnt have picked a more out of touch candidate. i mean, his idea of a sport is a horse prancing around. he may or may not have lied about his time with bain but in my opinion bain is the last thing we should be worrying about.

You literally cant trust a single thing romney says because theres a 50/50 chance that his stance on it is going to change in a weeks time. hell, theres been times when hes changed his view on this in the same interview
edit on 15-7-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I remember Ron Paul, when asked during one of the early debates why would he make a better POTUS than any of the other candidates. He commented that any of the candidates would be better than Obama. If you support Paul, then why would you vote for Obama?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by stanguilles7

I have the same feeling...

That's what I have been trying to say. That's our reality.

"People" aren't so much lying about their party affiliations as politicians are.

Wake up and smell the coffee, lol.
edit on 15-7-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join