It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sound Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
In this video, one man uses a new sound system he created in the library. He created a new technology in which he directs sound that only one person can hear and he tests it out in libraries because he doesn't want to disturb a lot of people.

This is real technology, and it's technology that works, or at least seems to. The scary thing about it is how influential it is on people, and how easily he can manipulate people using this sound device. When he uses this device they all pretty much do what he tells them to do.

The video is roughly 15 minutes long.

Edit:

It also talks about other sound devices, such as the parabolic Microphone.
edit on 15-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So if this technology exists in the private sector, think of what kind of stuff our military has. Ive always been curious to know where my voices are from..

alien tech connected to human hardware?

aliens with advanced telepathy?

or some super prediction machine hooked up to artificial telepathy and artficial intelligences programmed to say things. That doesn't explain how my voices have been good and bad and seem to believe in the deity God.

I think the government knows about what voices are, has secretly interviewed and studied their way into this reality we have today. Being an audio engineer i of course want to hear what human silent sound is like, if it resembles what i hear on a somewhat daily basis otherwise.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This technology is actually relatively old. I first read about it circa 2004. The technology behind it all is actually quite simple, once the theoretical part was done. There are even a couple of DIY systems around, such as the SoundLazer.

Directed sound has many possible applications (and not all are for evil purposes)

Public Safety: In areas with large groups of people such as subways, airports and other public places, it may be beneficial to have a message playing at escalator landings, door entrances and other places where only the people in that small area need to hear the announcement.

Commercial Advertising: Parametric speakers like the Soundlazer have already been used in commercial advertising. A person standing under a billboard to large video screen is the only one able to hear a recorded message. The advantages to this are twofold. The ultrasonic waves, being focused will get the attention of the listener and the repeated message will not be heard by others. Patrons and store clerks that would normally be distracted by the same message repeating over and over on a daily basis will no longer be annoyed by advertising that uses parametric technology.

Security / Alarm Systems: Parametric speakers combined with high decibel sirens have been used to deter robberies and other criminal activities.

Public Speaking: There are rumors surfacing on the web that some political candidates have used parametric arrays to beam live information directly into the ears of public speakers so that no earpiece or TelePrompTer is needed. While this hasn’t been confirmed, it does offer interesting possibilities.

Pranks: One interesting aspect of parametric arrays like the Soundlazer is that the directed sound can, at times, appear to be coming from inside ones own head. A properly placed parametric array can be set up so that some individuals may not know where the sound is originating from. The possibilities for jokes can be left to the imagination and are beyond the scope of this website.

The SoundLazer system is described here : SoundLazer
Even the electronic hobby magazine, Elektor had a project like this in 2011 : Elektor

more about it here : www.holosonics.com...
and here : www.lradx.com...

edit on 15/7/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/7/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join